September 2017 Moms

Moms of Multiples

How are you all feeling? 

We had our first appointment with our OB last week and after begging them for a scan thenlet us see the babies. We were able to see both heartbeats, which was so exciting!

I was wondering what kind of extra testing you'll be going through since you have multiples?

I was told I have to do the 24 urine collection each trimester as well as a glucose test each trimester. Same for you? Anything else?

I'm just about 10 weeks and have scheduled my NT scan for 3/21 and see OB 3/23. Also scheduled our anatomy scan since it's performed by the same office. That's May 17. Feels like forever away!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Moms of Multiples

• Today's been a busy day so I haven't gotten to post the check in. Anyone else can feel free to post it if I haven't.

I've been nauseous 24/7 the past several days. Wth!!!! I can't deal with it. And terrible daily headaches. 

Nope, I wasn't told i'd have any urine collection or more than the one glucose test. What's the urine collection for? And why exactly 3 glucose tests? My OB said they treat twins the same as single pregnancies until a little later (after anatomy scan maybe?) when I'll get monthly scans to check growth. And of course delivery I have to be in the OR regardless of which type of birth. She also added that she'll do whatever additional things I want/need; i.e. come in to hear heartbeats, an ultrasound, whatever. Whatever will put me at ease she'll do. :)

Heard babies HBs last week and it was great. I cried the whole time, but it was such a relief. OB told me she's never seen almost 13wk babies so active and could tell they were kicking and really moving all over in there.

I have my NT scan tomorrow afternoon, then see OB next week. Anatomy scan is April 10.

Almost to the 2nd trimester! And hoping the nausea and headaches head out soon.
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• I can't wait for the nausea to go away too!!

They said they like to do all the testing to be proactive. Since multiples pregncies can have higher risks of preeclampsia, etc, they just want to keep an eye on it from the start. 

Sounds like you have a great doc! That's awesome they'll get you in if you're nervous. I would probably go every week!

After 16 weeks I start going every two weeks. Also, they told me that they prefer I don't travel after 25 weeks, so mid-June for us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm also doing a 24 hour urine this week. Ultrasounds starting at 16 weeks to check growth and cervical lengths. (I opted out of NT scan). I'll have cervical lengths checked every 2 weeks and growth scans every 4. I think she said at 30 weeks I'll start doing NSTs, I can't remember.

I have a history of pre e with both of my sons, so they will keep and extra close eye on my BPs and urine. She said if things start down that road to expect bed rest.

this pregnancy has been rough on me. Non stop nausea. Counting down the days until second tri!