July 2017 Moms
Options

TWT

Who's being a twatwaffle today?

Re: TWT

• Options
    lol apparently nobody!
  • Options
    CVS is my TW because they shrunk the bags of pistachios, and kept the price the same. Just make me pay more for the same amount of nuts!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My headache is being a total twatwaffle, as is my OBs office who won't refill my headache meds because my OB is out the rest of the week. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Options
    Can I say a whole group of first grade girls is my TW without sounding like an ass?

We are working with very small pieces of construction paper which makes it so my room gets destroyed each class period. After a 10 minute cleanup by the whole class my room looked normal again, well 5 girls in the class decided to take the entire box of paper and "accidentally" drop it on the floor. It literally looked like a confetti cannon went off. I made them miss recess to clean it up, they weren't happy but now my room is back to normal.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    @cssme13 YAS! Teaching actions and consequences.  *high five*

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The weather is my TW. I have a very real fear of tornados, as in I have nightmares about them once every week or two. We are under a watch until 10 pm tonight and I am already freaking out a little bit. I wish DH was home :( 
  • Options
    @dcwtada Oh geez, stay safe!  I live in NY so we rarely get that kind of weather, but this weekend we had what was most certainly the closest thing I've ever seen, ad it was terrifying.  I hope you stay safe and sound!
  • Options
    @Dcwtada Definitely my biggest fear too!  Twister is one of my favorite movies, but the tornadoes scare the living hell out of me.  I grew up in Tornado Alley and it was AWFUL.  My nerves couldn't take it.  We had tornadic weather recently where I live now and I was like... Thought I got away from this!

My nightmares always involve tornadoes.  I've found that every time I get cold or accidentally kick my blanket off and get cold it triggers a tornado nightmare.  This has been since I was a little girl, so I completely understand what you're saying!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, and you guys have had some crazy weather there lately @chiquita928

And that is so funny you should say that @maybeitsmadeline I love watching like storm chasing videos and tornado shows but even just being under a watch has me crazy anxious. Heck my one big deal breaker on a house is if it doesnt have a basement solely so I can feel better about tornados. I'd prefer a bunker but I have yet to see that as an option on any house...

I have had these nightmares as long as I can remember, I don't know if they are caused by the fear, they are causing the fear or something in between but it has gotten worse as I get older. 
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Wow!  It's like you're inside my head!  We can't have basements because of flooding where we live, but I always told myself I would save up money to dig a storm shelter when we buy a full on house (we live in a townhome).  We can get a tornado/tornado like weather once ever few years, but that shelter/basement would make me feel SO much better.  It would be good for hurricanes too!  

It's funny how you can be so fascinated with something that seriously terrifies you so much.  The storm chasing shows are so cool to watch, but I guarantee you I'd need a new pair of pants if ever saw one in real life.  The ones that have touched down near me I never actually laid eyes on, thankfully.

@Dcwtada

ETA to tag

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Dcwtada that makes me anxious for you! I'm in D.C. and the weather woman just said possible tornadic activity Thursday afternoon. When we bought our house a full basement was A MUST. We don't get weather like this too often but after buying a townhome that had all three levels above ground I said I wouldn't make that mistake again!! 
  • Options
    Haha you guys are making me feel better and less like a crazy person, at least slightly....

And I am so conflicted I love a good storm, one of DH and I's very favorite thing is (especially in the summer) sitting on our front porch and watching a storm roll in - something about the smell and feel (the charged air) is so amazing. But the moment tornados (watch, warning or whatnot) become a reality I freak. 
  • Options
    And this is my FB feed right now - I think me and the kids are going to play the "explore the basement" game soon. Morris and Ottawa are about 45 minutes away. 
  • Options
    Dcwtada said:
    And this is my FB feed right now - I think me and the kids are going to play the "explore the basement" game soon. Morris and Ottawa are about 45 minutes away. 
    Oh my goodness!!! I hope you all stay safe. Keep us updated. 
  • Options
    @Dcwtada so scary and I agree with "exploring" the basement. Stay safe! 

• Options
    My TW today is my phone which decided to crash this morning and freak out and not reset or turn on. My husband spent all day at AT&T and the Apple Store trying to get it fixed for me. They had to do a factory reset on it and I lost a bunch of pictures of DD that I hadn't backed up to the computer yet and didn't back up to the cloud apparently  :(
  • Options
    @Dcwtada Oh gosh...stay safe!!! I don't live in an area with lots of tornados, but we get warnings if the weather is right and that is scary enough. Hopefully it doesn't cause too much damage in Morris! And stays far away from where you are...
  • Options
    @cssme13 - Good for you for making them miss recess to clean it

@Dcwtada - Hope you're safe!

@LuLiLaEv - Glad you got it fixed. Sorry you lost a lot of photos though! That sucks!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My TW is my co-worker who is giving me crap because I am drinking 1 can of soda..... I told her my doctor said I can have 220 mg of caffeine per day and that the soda has about 80. She still kept going on and on about it. I told her I don't care and that I wasn't concerned because my doctor knows I drink soda and she isn't concerned either. My co-worker proceeded to say insistently that I will care and mark her words I will care.... Ugh.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Holy cow! Stay safe @Dcwtada!
  • Options
    Stay safe @Dcwtada!!  I also hate tornados, they are my worst fear.  But yet I continue to live in the Midwest. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Options
    @Dcwtada @maybeitsmadeline Common fear. I have it as well although we have never had one here. Twister is one of my favourite movies as well. I know all the warning signs haha! I've always been fascinated with them. We always get watches here too and everyone freaks out but in my 29 years I have never experienced one. We don't live in a tornado prone zone. Although there was one day last summer DH and I looked at each other and wondered if we should grab the cats and retreat to the basement. The wind can get wicked here sometimes but that's about it. It's winter here and I legit thought the house was going to come down the other night the wind was so crazy, which isn't usual for winter. Doorways or bathtubs if you don't have a basement haha! We got a good lightning storm the other day which is VERY odd for winter. I can count on 1 hand the amount of winter thunderstorms I've seen in my life. Too funny about Ottawa in the feeds because that's the capital of Canada and I live in a small town just outside of it. 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    @SaphireSweetie88 mark my words you will care? Whaa? ....People interfere beyond belief... 

im not quite clear what exactly a twatwaffle is... but I think I get it .

my sister in law is being a twatwaffle. She and my husband haven't been on good terms because she interferes way too much, but I stay out of it. However anything he says or does his entire family thinks I'm behind it which is unfair because we aren't one person. I asked her if I can come over and she said it's upto you and ur husband cos u guys have drawn a line. Just because he has a beef with his sister doesn't mean I'm behind it. I hate fights they upset me more than necessary so I'm making my husband go to his sister and talk to her because I feel like if they think it's so under my control I should probably add in my effort and force them talk? I dunno ... but my conscience tells me I should try to make them talk.... just once at least.Wish me luck. 
    Im totally mentally prepared to hear the worst about me even though I have nothing to do with it. *sigh* in laws. 
  • Options
    @cssme13 are these the same girl that asked if you voted for Trump and called you racist? 
  • Options
    BusyZee said:
    @SaphireSweetie88 mark my words you will care? Whaa? ....People interfere beyond belief... 
    (snipped)
    @BusyZee - Yeah I have no idea what she meant by that
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @SaphireSweetie88 your coworker is out of line. A coworker who is like a mother to me side-eyes me drinking the occasional coffee or red bull, but I always stay within the 200 mg limit. She is coming from a place of real concern, but this coworker sounds judgy.

My MIL is being slightly twatwaffle-ish. After my elective ultrasound last week, we told my DH's parents we were having a girl. They immediately call a bunch of family members, said they should post it on FB, and I had told zero of my family members.

Then she wanted to invite some questionable people to the baby shower she isn't hosting. Wives of cousins we hardly ever see and a close neighbor. She was pissed I didn't invite a bunch of people to my wedding she requested, and she also didn't pay for that! I agreed to the people to keep the peace, but she is pushing it. 
  • Options
    @crzyforbabies - Yeah I was surprised by her saying that because she usually won't say anything and has told others to back off before too.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Dcwtada - Glad to hear it!
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Dcwtada I've been watching the exact same storm system! Glad it's passing you over too.  I also have a love/hate relationship with storms.  My dad was struck by lightning when I was a kid, so I'm always extra freaked out. And I hate when bad storms come and my husband is gone. 
  • Options
    @MrsLa3 haha, thankfully no! Usually my Tuesday classes are perfect but I think the weather has gotten to everyone around here including the kids so they are acting out a little more than usual, plus they had a substitute today so I think they were testing their boundaries a little.

• Options
    My husband feeding my 7 month old eggs is a total twatwaffle and my MIL for constantly overstepping her boundaries. 
  • Options
    My twatwaffles are my mom's doctors and health insurance who denied her an MRI for sciatic pain for nearly a year, making her go to endless PT and she spent thousands at a chiropractor which insurance wouldn't cover. Once she finally got new health insurance this year, the MRI found a cyst growing into her sciatic nerve. 
    She had it removed yesterday afternoon and was just up and dancing around her house!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish glad she's feeling herself! And yay for new insurance, that's stupid she was denied for an mri. 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish I'm so sorry but I'm glad she finally had it removed! Healthcare these days is ridiculous 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish Glad she's feeling better!  I'm super protective of my mom with her health too, I guess now that they are becoming the grandparent generation I feel like it's time to look out for them a bit more.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @glitterfish I'm glad your mom is doing better!  It is SUCH a nightmare trying to get prior authorization from insurance companies for tests and medications and I feel like it gets worse each year. I'm glad her new insurance is better. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @supermom83 I had that problem all the way through my pregnancy with dd and I'm having it again this pregnancy. I think for me it's because I have no hips. Lol
  • Options
    Dovahkiin_99Dovahkiin_99 member
    edited March 2017
    @supermom83
    @PurplePoppy424

I was having the same issue and I figured out a trick to hold them up! Wear a thin fitted camisole under the maternity panel (like Steve Urkel) and the pants will stay up much better. The camisole kind of grips the panel and holds it up. I then put on whatever shirt I want to wear for the day, and feel more comfortable because my pants aren't slipping down as much. This might not be ideal in a hot climate, but I found it works for me. 

edit: my grammar sucks late at night