Infertility
Options

Intro **Loss Mentioned**

Hello Everyone! I have been active (until the last month or so) on the TTCAL board for over a year.

My hubby and I have been a TTC since August of 2015. After 6 cycles, we discovered that we were pregnant. However it was a blighted ovum at 7 weeks and I had a D&C at 9 weeks. They did testing and the cause was a chromosomal abnormality (cri-du-chat). 

Ive since had an HSG and FSH test, both that were said to be normal and my hubby had an inconclusive SA. 

We are now in our 12th cycle post-loss and just went for our first RE visit last week. He ordered genetic testing for me and my hubby, as well as every ultrasound in the world for me and another SA for him. I feel like an idiot because I never knew that if I have a balanced-translocation that it could prevent me from getting pregnant. The geneticist told me that it was probably a fluke but here we are a year later. My RE is also worried that since it was a blighted ovum there wasn't anything to test and that it's possible that he actually tested a sample of my placenta; meaning that I could be a carrier for a chromosomal disease. 

He was also also concerned that even though I had due spillage during my HSG, that there wasn't as much as he would have like to see. Meaning that there could be a partial blockage or that the technician didn't use enough dye. 

Anyways, sorry for rambling. I am really looking forward to working with an RE even though I put off going because I was afraid to admit that there was a problem. I see a few of my TTCAL friend here and I'm looking forward to meeting more! 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Intro **Loss Mentioned**