June 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 2/28/2017

For those with due dates June 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th! 

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite book series or book that you're reading (or read recently) and why?  (stolen from July 17 board): 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 2/28/2017

• How far along are you? - EM is 25 weeks!!!

How big is baby? - a head of cauliflower, a popped bag of microwave popcorn

Upcoming appointments this week? - Wellness check-up was last week, next ultrasound is the 9th

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite book series or book that you're reading (or read recently) and why?  (stolen from July 17 board):  Sadly, I haven't read anything good lately!  This question was more to get ideas from you all! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• How far along are you? 24 weeks today! Yahoo!

How big is baby? A puffin!

Upcoming appointments this week? Ultrasound and regular OB appointment on Friday.

Any new symptoms or changes? My hips/groin/tailbone are REALLY sore if I don't do yoga or stretch every day. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Feeling pretty good all around. Any good stretches for low back you can share?

GTKY: I've been reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and it's really made me feel less scared about giving birth. The stories in it make me feel empowered and like...if they can do it, so can I!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? Kale? These comparisons are weird... Is kale a standard size?

Upcoming appointments this week? Growth ultrasound this week. 

Any new symptoms or changes? I feel further along than I am, like can't get comfortable, can't bend over, big! Can't imagine another 14 weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My poor DD is sick again, now it's a fever and ear infection. I feel so terrible for her because she doesn't understand what's happening and I feel so helpless as a mother. Really hoping the meds work quickly and she can be back to herself. I will rave for my hubby who has been awesome with taking the night shifts so I can get some sleep because I get super nauseous and headachey if I don't sleep. 

GTKY: What is your favorite book series or book that you're reading (or read recently) and why?  (stolen from July 17 board):  Kristin Hannah's The Nightingale has stayed on my mind since I read it a few months ago. I also just finished Bringing Up Bebe about an American raising her babies in Paris and found it very interesting. 

• How far along are you?
    26 Weeks

How big is baby?
    A Big Gulp cup (is it slurpee weather yet?!?!))

Upcoming appointments this week?
    A MW appt today to review my high risk OB visit

Nothing new and exciting

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I run a training department that mainly focuses on New Hire training for my company. I caught a ring of 4 people cheating on our proficiency test then they gave me attitude when I called them on it! Um... you dummy!! You do realize I'm in a position to fire you, right?!?! I'm also Senior Management. What makes you think this will end well for you?!

GTKY: What is your favorite book series or book that you're reading (or read recently) and why?  (stolen from July 17 board): 
    Im reading a biography series on Teddy Roosevelt by Edmund Morris. Roosevelt was a FASCINATING man! This series is really well written and provides a lot of insight to his personality from other who knew him. 

If you're into history and biographies and Teddy, I HIGHLY recommend this series!!

• How far along are you? I suck. I think 23 weeks, but the Bump sent me my 24 week email today so I am confused.

How big is baby? Cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments this week? Echocardiogram on baby's heart next Tuesday. Had a regular OB one last Thursday

Any new symptoms or changes? None

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: He is kicking a lot more which is awesome because I barely felt DD due to her placenta position. Rant: Fifth disease is going around at school which makes me nervous

GTKY: What is your favorite book series or book that you're reading (or read recently) and why?  (stolen from July 17 board): Book Series of all time is Harry Potter because it is so imaginative and amazing. It enthralls me and I can't put it down every time I reread it. I just read The Boys in the Boat by Daniel Brown for a book group and I enjoyed it. I love Olympic sport books and historical books so it was perfect

• I'm 25 weeks and he's as big as a head of cauliflower. I had an ultrasound last week and he weighed 1lb 11oz. I'm battling with a sinus and chest infection. I ended up staying home today because I just couldn't get it together and my sleep has been horrible lately. I have a follow up ob appointment next week and I'm going Friday morning to do my glucose test. Im not a big reader and it's been some time since I've read a book. 
  • How far along are you? 25 weeks

How big is baby? Cauliflower, apparently.

Upcoming appointments this week? Not until the 22nd!

Any new symptoms or changes? Not that I have noticed; just a bigger belly and having a harder time getting DS' toys out from under his bed.

Rants/Raves/Questions? No.

GTKY: What is your favorite book series or book that you're reading (or read recently) and why?  (stolen from July 17 board): I recently read "French Kids Eat Everything" and loved it! I'm a big fan of French style parenting in general.
  • How far along are you? 23 weeks 

How big is baby? Grapefruit

Upcoming appointments this week? No, not until March 15th

Any new symptoms or changes? I've been so gassy it's ridiculous. I remember passing some diabolical gas when pregnant with DS but it's been even worse this time around! Also, getting short of breath a lot quicker and feeling like I need a midday nap almost everyday now (haven't felt that way since the first tri). Breast tenderness, nipple sensitivity, and I'm spilling out of my DDD maternity bras left over from DS already!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I know I'm on the tail end of this June group, but I feel like I am so far along already! The time has really seemed to fly by since I got my BFP back in October. I remember time seeming to drag on incessantly until ~33 weeks along with DS the it really picked up!

GTKY: What is your favorite book series or book that you're reading (or read recently) and why?  (stolen from July 17 board): Listening to the Outlander series on audio book currently and just started Drums of Autumn, the 4th book in the series. So far so good!

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• How far along are you? - 23 weeks

How big is baby? - papaya or grapefruit

Upcoming appointments this week? - nothing this week, but last weekend I ended up having to work both days and my husband went to our first prenatal class without me  :D He said he didn't understand all the terms but he took extensive notes. 

Any new symptoms or changes? - I feel like I might be starting to get a bit of a pregnant waddle? My legs sometimes just feel like they don't move the same way they used to. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? - OMG the heartburn/acid reflux!! If it's true that it's a sign of baby being born with hair then I'm having a f*#king Sasquatch. In the past couple weeks there have been 3 times that it's gotten so bad that I've thrown up. Thankfully I seem to have discovered that despite the fact that it seems to be completely unconnected to anything that I eat, it does seem to be much better if I have dairy. Moving my daily whey protein shakes (made with milk) to before bed has prevented the 4am heartburn for the past 3 nights that I've tried it. 

GTKY: What is your favorite book series or book that you're reading (or read recently) and why?  (stolen from July 17 board): Agree with @Teacher Mom! Husband and I are listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks. He had only ever seen the movies previously, and doesn't remember much from them so it's fun hearing the hits and pieces he thinks he remembers/his theories about what will happen. 
  • Sorry to not be cooperating with the format :P mobile is hard today.

23w2d- moving right along! Apparently the size of "bunch of grapes." Fetus is getting more active which is exciting. There is no hiding my
    abdomen now (managed to keep it on the DL until about 20w from most coworkers, etc) but that is kind of fun. Had to buy my first maternity shirt the other day!
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24