October 2016 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday 02.28.17

Happy last day of February! What forms of Twatwafflery have unfolded in your life recently?

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 02.28.17

• I'm going to direct this week's TWT at my 9-year-old SS, who stole a $100 bill out of our wallet, took it to school, tried to buy one pack of bubble gum with the entire bill (not expecting change) from another student, AND got caught.
    I don't care that he is only a child, he is more than old enough to understand that stealing is WRONG, $100 dollars is a LOT of money, and that it is worth WAY more than one stupid pack of gum.
    That is grand high twatwaffleism, and he has earned this.
  • @AllyTheKid I agree, he is definitely old enough to know it was wrong. I can see how that is frustrating. 
    My TW is baby sleep, which is a better way of not saying my LO is TW. She just will not take naps today. It's getting to be ridiculous. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Is that an everyday thing or just yesterday? @Ladybug2821
  • @AllyTheKid how's everything going with your SS?  Do you feel like he learned his lesson?  I really admire how you seem to keep it together as a mom of 4.  In all my months of creepy lurking, even when you were going through really terrible times, you always kept a positive attitude and never rose to the bait in certain discussions on the board.  I imagine that amount of patience and self confidence has served you well in motherhood.
  • @Kgridley27 Well, truth be told, No =/ he was actually just involved in a beef jerky heist at school the day before yesterday (despite being currently grounded so we have quite a bit of work to do). His therapist is aware of what's going on, she's looking into some things, and we're just waiting on her word. As cliche as it sounds, I blame his mother and how he was raised with her. We just recently got full custody of him, so he's still having to adjust to full-time structure and rules, as well as not seeing his mom or sisters, so it'll take some time and work. Mini-rant over!
    Thank you for your kind words, I guess I never looked at any of it that way- I get really stressed out, so I've just adopted a very "one day at a time, pick and choose your battles" outlook to keep my plate from piling up too high. Does the constitute as patience? ;) Either way, It really helps, and it really puts into perspective what is and isn't important and makes it easier to just completely ignore and let go of trivial things. I haven't gone crazy or ran away yet, so I guess it's working!
  • That definitely constitutes patience!  In fact, I think that's the very definition.  Perspective is so easy to lose "in the moment" and it takes a ton of work to keep it.

I applaud you for understanding that your SS needs guidance and sticking with the battle plan that will help him most in the long run.  The easy path is rarely the "best" one! If you need to vent, I know I'm a virtual (both figuratively and literally) stranger but I'm happy to listen.  I can imagine it would be very frustrating juggling it all on top of school.  You're a superhero.

ALSO I just want to throw it out there that all you mamas who have committed to breastfeeding, no matter for how long, even a day, are superheroes to me! It's just simply amazing to me.  Ra, ra, I'm cheering for you ladies!

Andplusalso... "beef jerky heist" had me giggling despite the actual situation not being funny.

• @Kgridley27 Aw shucks, you're a shameless flatterer! We're all just doing our mom jobs, thanks for the ear, and again for the kind words :) 

@Ladybug2821 Her comment reminds me that I too am cheering you on with your breast feeding and I'm rooting for you!