March 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms 2/27

Another week has gone by, and another week of fun symptoms. What is going on this week?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Symptoms 2/27

• Options
    Well, not a symptom per se, but at 38+1 I started 1000mg of EPO (orally).  A low dose but I'm using it for general wellbeing & if it helps prepare my cervix, great.  

I woke up feeling like I had strep throat but that subsided w/some tea (swollen glands/throat/face/runny eyes/headache), not sure what that's about - hoping it was a one-off...or maybe allergies?  It has been unseasonably warm the past couple days.
  • Options
    Still headaches. Nearly every day. I have weeklys with my OB (since 28w bc of GD). They haven't made any noteworthy remarks about my BP or urine, but after describing my headaches to them at Friday's appointment, they want me to stop in again today for another BP check. Luckily, they're on my way home from work. If my BP is fine, I guess I'm just stuck with inexplicable daily headaches for the duration. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @minger86 have you tried going to see a chiropractor?  An adjustment might help.  :(
  • Options
    @hippiemama I haven't. Chiros kinda scare me. But I definitely remember having a headache problem in my first pregnancy too - and I think it started much earlier than this. I think (and hope) it's just how my body deals with normal pregnancy hormones. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 38 weeks today and my sense of taste is off.  Everything started tasting different yesterday, even ice cream and brownies don't taste right ☹️️  Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Options
    I have a catch 22 situation going on - if I don't eat, I'm nauseous. But everything I eat is giving me heartburn.

Also, lots of cramping. Ugh.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    Newest symptom: I'm ready to meet this baby and discover who he/she is!

I'm not really ready around the house but I also am just so uninvested in work that I just want to be home already. 18 days until EDD sounds like an eternity right about now. 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    There is a bowling ball sitting on my cervix.. that is all. 
    Yup me too. I squat and I feel like he is coming out. I just pooped, and it pushed him into my pelvis even more and it hurts!
  • Options
    @CanadianintheSouth I keep telling myself if only I'd be so lucky that this baby would "fall" out... I'm sure when I'm pushing I'm going to be wishing it was that easy  :D
  • Options
    I'm 38 weeks today and my sense of taste is off.  Everything started tasting different yesterday, even ice cream and brownies don't taste right ☹️️  Has anyone else experienced this?
    Only in the first tri. But it seems like something that could happen because of hormones. If ever you're worried about any symptom you can always ask your ob/midwife at your next appt. I always ask lots of questions, even though I'm a stm.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Went to the doctor yesterday for creeping up bp, she wanted the bottom # under 90 and all weekend it was around 88-93. Sunday night it was 102-105 and freaked me out I called her and she wanted to see me first thing in the morning if it was still high. 158/101 in the morning so to the doctor I went and after having it checked in the office at 152/98 she put me on home bedrest and medication for the remainder for of the pregnancy. Luckily I don't have protein in my urine and hopefully this will do the trick but I'm so nervous for my baby between usually being super healthy and now dealing with this and GD I feel like I'm at my wits end. 
  • Options
    @kjd21 ... I think we eat the same thing for breakfast! LOL
  • Options
    I feel oddly good today.  Baby is still low as can be (a coworker said wow you've dropped - thanks...), but I have some extra energy.  No stomach or back pain, etc.  I wonder if she's getting nice & comfortable down there & I'll be the next @kjd291
  • Options
    Went to the doctor yesterday for creeping up bp, she wanted the bottom # under 90 and all weekend it was around 88-93. Sunday night it was 102-105 and freaked me out I called her and she wanted to see me first thing in the morning if it was still high. 158/101 in the morning so to the doctor I went and after having it checked in the office at 152/98 she put me on home bedrest and medication for the remainder for of the pregnancy. Luckily I don't have protein in my urine and hopefully this will do the trick but I'm so nervous for my baby between usually being super healthy and now dealing with this and GD I feel like I'm at my wits end. 
    Yikes, it is so scary to feel out of control of your body. I hope bed rest does the trick to keep your numbers down. How far along are you? Any talk of induction at a certain point?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    My tummy/bowels feel really unsettled.  #progress??? 
    @kjd291  Lol when the doctor did my strep B test she says oh honey you have a hemmaroid in there. I explained that I have IBS and regularly get them and diarrhea... lol I guess I won't be so excited that it's a sign of labor :neutral:

Yikes, it is so scary to feel out of control of your body. I hope bed rest does the trick to keep your numbers down. How far along are you? Any talk of induction at a certain point?
    @longliveregina I'm 36 weeks today,  my doctor said usually with gestational hypertension they will induce early but because of my GD they really try not to take them before 39 weeks because they worry about the babies lungs. Luckily today when I went in for a NST my bp was down to 116/77 before I left the hospital so thats encouraging and still no protein in my urine but I also start my 24 HR urine collection today. 

I'm so thankful for these boards! They give me hope and help to know I'm not alone especially becoming high risk and definitely not expecting all this! 
  • Options
    @ashley14598 I'm in a similar boat. My doctor has been concerned about my daily headaches, so they had me come in for a BP check and urine sample yesterday. Today, they called to say I need to do the 24 hour urine collection test. I also have GD and I'm wondering how a negative result may impact the rest of my pregnancy. I'm only 36w1d.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Minger86 said:
    @ashley14598 I'm in a similar boat. My doctor has been concerned about my daily headaches, so they had me come in for a BP check and urine sample yesterday. Today, they called to say I need to do the 24 hour urine collection test. I also have GD and I'm wondering how a negative result may impact the rest of my pregnancy. I'm only 36w1d.
    @Minger86 ugh I'm sorry you're dealing with this too! What was your bp at your check? They checked mine when I first got to my NST today and it was high and then they had me lay on my left side and it went down drastically! I have been trying to stay on my left side as much as possible today to help. Are you having any other symptoms? I didn't think that I was  Bc my feet aren't swollen, etc but I have been noticing swelling in my face, and had some vision changes at work on Friday that were alarming a little to me. It's so complicated to keep my carbs down for my GD and keep my sodium down for the BP.

I'm kind of thankful now that I'm on bedrest and done with work between doctor appointments and labs I couldn't have worked this week even if I wanted to. It would have been more stressful as a teacher coming up with lesson plans, etc and calling off everyday than to just tell my boss that I'm done for the year. 
  • Options
    @ashley14598 my BP hasn't been a huge concern ... It's been elevated, but not high (like 136/74). My doctor's concern came from my daily headaches and the fact that Tylenol sometimes doesn't help. They checked my BP and urine Friday, then asked me to come back Monday to re-check. Monday, they sent the urine sample off to the hospital for a more thorough analysis, and then today they called to say they want me to do the 24 urine check. I'm not entirely sure what they found, but I'm hoping to get more info after the 24 check. I've been noticing swelling since last week, off and on, and got a high-ish BP reading at my local pharmacy a week ago (150/81)... Though one of the nurses told me those machines aren't reliable. 
    Try to relax and enjoy the bed rest! I just keep telling myself... I'm almost done!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Minger86 I hope you get good news after your check too! You are right are getting close to meeting our little ones! I can't wait!! 
  • Options
    Has anyone had trouble laying on their back? In general I have avoided laying on my back because they say you aren't supposed to, but at my last 2 ultrasounds I have come very close to passing out and have needed to end the ultrasound early because of it. It is making me a little nervous about labor and delivering if I can't lay on my back in the bed!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    SienaC said:
    Has anyone had trouble laying on their back? In general I have avoided laying on my back because they say you aren't supposed to, but at my last 2 ultrasounds I have come very close to passing out and have needed to end the ultrasound early because of it. It is making me a little nervous about labor and delivering if I can't lay on my back in the bed!
    You may not be laying on your back at all: lots of moms push in different positions. Also, the labor/del8very beds recline, so that should take some pressure off :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SienaC said:
    Same situation at my most recent prenatal appointment! Just doing measurements and GSB swan was enough. I had ringing ears and got VERY hot. Doctor was kind enough to sit me up get me water and talk until I felt better. She said at my next appointment they would do measurements quicker and also prop up my right hip a bit to take the pressure off. Maybe something to ask about?

I was also wondering about the delivery position concern. Something I will ask about this week for sure! 
  • Options
    @KateM That is exactly what happened with me both times! It started as getting very hot and flushed feeling, then ringing in ears, then my vision started to get little black dots. Very uncomfortable sensation!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    Ironically I've been fine on my back this whole time. While I only sleep on my sides normally, the last few nights when I've woken up to pee I woke up sleeping on my back. I hadn't done that since I was like 20 weeks 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lately every morning I wake up & my hands/fingers hurt from being so swollen (I think?) and it's hard to bend my fingers or clench into a fist for a while. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lately every morning I wake up & my hands/fingers hurt from being so swollen (I think?) and it's hard to bend my fingers or clench into a fist for a while. 
    Carpul tunnel, maybe?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else notice that their symptoms have changed and it definitely feels like baby is scheming an exit strategy? 

I've been on the "intestinal insanity" bandwagon for the past few days. Yesterday evening I noticed a strange sensation, one that I hadn't felt in oh, let's say 9 months? It took me a minute to figure out what this discomfort was and then I remembered.... it was like a very mild period cramp! 

I've also been dealing with hypertension issues so I sympathize with everyone going through them.
  • Options
    BurrberrymumBurrberrymum member
    edited March 2017
    @serenity13 I wake up with my hands like that too! It's super uncomfortable and started worrying me a little. My midwife said it's probably carpal tunnel. 
  • Options
    I'd definitely vote it's carpal tunnel..  I have it too but not as bad as I did last time.. it's a pain but mine went away right after birth
  • Options
    @serenity13 and @Burrberrymum I feel you both, ladies! My hands the last week or so are BRUTAL, especially when I wake up.
  • Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks ladies! I didn't even think it could be carpal tunnel but you're probably right! Good to know it should go away after birth, fingers crossed (if I could cross them ;))
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else notice that their symptoms have changed and it definitely feels like baby is scheming an exit strategy? 

I've been on the "intestinal insanity" bandwagon for the past few days. Yesterday evening I noticed a strange sensation, one that I hadn't felt in oh, let's say 9 months? It took me a minute to figure out what this discomfort was and then I remembered.... it was like a very mild period cramp! 

I've also been dealing with hypertension issues so I sympathize with everyone going through them.
    Yes! To top it off I just got back from my appt and my doc let me know I'm at 1 cm! 
  • Options
    dreamsjc1dreamsjc1 member
    edited March 2017
    I've been noticing a pulsating feeling randomly at the front of my belly, right where I can feel my baby.  Anyone else feeling this? It's kind of sweet, almost like he's breathing or his heart is beating.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am a STM but I still can't tell the difference between Braxton Hicks contractions and the baby just moving across my belly. They both feel like a tightening I think. Does anyone else have this problem?