October 2017 Moms

Meal Plan Monday 2-27

Ok guys, hit me with your plans.

I usually do a month long meal plan/one big grocery trip.  But with the food aversion/nausea, I'm feeling un-inspired for the month of March. 

Re: Meal Plan Monday 2-27

• Tonight my MIL is cooking.  My mom and MIL usually spend Mondays with us because they take my older DDs to dance class.  My MIL is an okay cook, but she only ever circulates through like 3 different recipes and almost all of them involve Campbell's cream of somethingorother.

Even though cooking and eating sounds awful right now, I think that the rest of the week looks like this:
    Tuesday - roasted broccoli; seasoned, grilled pork chops
    Wednesday - cauliflower rice with cheese sauce and chicken (a healthier play on chicken-broccoli-rice casserole)
    Thursday - pizza?
    Friday - ugh. Leftovers?
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • I am doing very bad about planning things out. Our grocery budget doesn't like it.

Here's my loose plan:
    M - Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole with Salad
    T -  Sour Cream Noodle Bake with Garlic Bread
    W - Leftovers
    T - Chili & Cornbread
    F - Fast Food - Traveling
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Loading the player...
  • I am doing very bad about planning things out. Our grocery budget doesn't like it.

Here's my loose plan:
    M - Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole with Salad
    T -  Sour Cream Noodle Bake with Garlic Bread
    W - Leftovers
    T - Chili & Cornbread
    F - Fast Food - Traveling
    @jessaafishy what's this sour cream noodle bake? 
  • @mrs_foguehttps://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/sour-cream-noodle-bake/

Full disclosure- we haven't tried it yet so I can't give an exact review. It looks right up my alley though.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jessafishy that looks really good!

This week we're having:

Monday: slow cooker ribs and twice baked potato casserole

Tuesday: chicken fettuccine Alfredo

Wednesday: ham and leftover potato casserole

Thursday: Tacos

Friday: pulled chicken and coleslaw

• @jessafishy that looks yummy.  And I really love this blog.  I'm saving this as a favorite.

• I need to meal plan tonight which means nothing on deck for tonight lol But Tuesday will be enchiladas and spanish rice. Wednesday is always pizza night. I'm cleaning out the fridge and making DH scrub it down, then taking inventory and arranging things in both our regular and deep freezer so I can better meal plan and see what I really have on hand. 
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Monday- oven roasted chicken, roasted broccoli and carrots, green salad

Tuesday-steak, coleslaw, green beans

Wednesday- homemade chicken soup with Greek style ground turkey wraps (top with tomatoes, cucumber, feta, tziki)

Thursday- Salmon, roasted cauliflower,asparagus, roasted potatoes

Friday- meal sized salad (spinich, chicken breast, cucumber, avacado, tomatoe, blueberries, onions, dried cranberrries, dressing is oil/vinigar/dill
  • Oh this is just making me feel bad about myself!! Lol.

How about Mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. Might even make pancakes and eggs for dinner tonight. Nothing sounds good, I'm going to be home by myself and have 0 energy plus 3 kids....yeah anything that requires any effort is going to be pretty much non existent this week. 

All your meals sound amazing though. Nice work ladies
  • mrs_foguemrs_fogue member
    edited February 2017

@rockinro_17 my first pregnancy, I was home alone during the week due to DH's job.  I had just enough in me to pop some chicken fries in the oven.  So that was my meal every night.

Honestly, I've been meal planning for almost a year now and it's the one task that has changed my life, our budget and my mood.  We aren't hangrily fighting all the time. 

• Oh this is just making me feel bad about myself!! Lol.

How about Mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. Might even make pancakes and eggs for dinner tonight. Nothing sounds good, I'm going to be home by myself and have 0 energy plus 3 kids....yeah anything that requires any effort is going to be pretty much non existent this week. 

All your meals sound amazing though. Nice work ladies
    Maybe google some crockpot recipes! Or if there is one day you have help or some energy make a few things so you have helthybstuff throughout the week. I usually do this for lunches and for my little guy. On Sundays I'll roast a chicken, fry up some ground beef etc and put it all in Tupperware in the fridge. Then it's easy to grab meat and veggies during the day.
  • @rockinro_17 Don't feel bad, I've had fast food like... 3 times in the last 4 days.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @mrs_fogue I wish I was able to plan an entire month! Life would be so much easier. 

All of this is making me hungry ... and wish I had a personal chef! Everything sounds delicious.

I was going to attempt meal planning and then it snowed like crazy all morning and I decided we're not going anywhere. Obviously not helpful when we're running on an empty fridge and pantry! I was scrounging around the depths of the pantry and found a jar of dried goods with recipe attached for Minestrone Soup! Thanks to the PTA at my husbands school (he's a teacher) we will have that for dinner. Easy peasy!

As for the rest of the week, I'll figure it out this evening and make a giant shopping list! 
  •  I plan a week in advance but I don't understand how to plan a month and advance because all the food would go bad? 
  •  I plan a week in advance but I don't understand how to plan a month and advance because all the food would go bad? 
    When I do this I buy all of my non-perishables and then just make smaller weekly trips for produce and such.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
    When I do this I buy all of my non-perishables and then just make smaller weekly trips for produce and such.
    Yep this.  I buy all my meat and put it in the freezer, so pretty much half way through the month I'll make a quick trip for veggies/fruit/bread.
  • I'm really impressed with the planners. I've never been able to plan more than 2-3 days in advance. We only eat vegetarian at home so I'm heading to the store frequently for fresh veggies and stuff, plus I'm just not organized enough to prep and freeze meals in advance!

But, I love these threads for inspiration. Especially when DH is out of town and I can experiment with meat and fish recipes. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Meal Plan Done!  So here is what's on this weeks menu:

Monday : Bunco night so no cooking for me (does a happy dance at my desk while no one is looking)

Tuesday : Blackened Chicken Alfredo

Wednesday: Left overs

Thursday : I'm going to try @jessafishy Sour Cream Noodle Bake

Friday : Chili Dogs

Saturday : Fish (I'm hoping we will be at the lake)

Sunday : Crockpot Taco Soup

• Love meal planning! We eat really clean in my house, and I'm happy to share any recipes. 

Monday- Home made black bean & roasted red pepper quesdillas. 
    Tuesday- Honey & garlic roasted chicken with potatoes & broccoli. 
    Wednesday- Korean beef over quinoa. 
    Thursday- Chicken enchilada bake. (Basically enchiladas without the tortilla)
    Friday- left overs. 

Gosh, I had my first aversion today. I LOVE avocados! A go to lunch for me is avocado toast with fresh mozzarella & tomatoes. I thought about eating it today and almost threw up. The idea of avocados is making my stomach hurt. (Yup, que nausea now as I write this. )
  • Monday- pork chops, rice and asparagus 
    Tues- French dip
    Wed- leftovers
    Thurs- elk burgers, baked sweet potato fries
    Friday- Italian, maybe lasagna
  • @baker1jim2 Mmmmm... french dip. I'm drooling.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I have a plan but it was a struggle to make. No food sounds good at the moment. Blarghhh.

Monday - grilled chicken, some side dish that friends are bringing over

Tuesday - taco Tuesday! ;)

Wednesday - Cajun chicken pasta

Thursday - baked potato/cauliflower soup and salad

Friday - leftovers most likely

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker