July 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

13»

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    @stokesm21 I'm a little concerned about the idea of parents now expected to always be right there with their kids while they're playing outside. Like, at what point would I not get CPS called on me if I allowed my kid to walk to the playground down the street from us alone?
  • Options
    It's nice reading the above comments of you guys condemning, and I agree we should be more vocal about it. Just because it wasn't directed at you doesn't mean it's not affecting so many innocent lives. I personally try to condemn as much as possible because I belong to a religious minority that is not only persecuted but certain countries in the east even have laws against us that go upto killing. It's appalling, and having being effected by it first hand(won't go into details) it only brings back terror and a flood of emotions. I wish peace on everyone and the most we can do is unite and make those around us feel comfortable. @virginiaunicorn11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BusyZee said:
    It's nice reading the above comments of you guys condemning, and I agree we should be more vocal about it. Just because it wasn't directed at you doesn't mean it's not affecting so many innocent lives. I personally try to condemn as much as possible because I belong to a religious minority that is not only persecuted but certain countries in the east even have laws against us that go upto killing. It's appalling, and having being effected by it first hand(won't go into details) it only brings back terror and a flood of emotions. I wish peace on everyone and the most we can do is unite and make those around us feel comfortable. @virginiaunicorn11
    How do you wish peace on everyone but condemn them at the same time?
  • Options
    @MrsLa3 I'm not quite sure what you mean... i don't see the connection you made here.. 
  • Options
    @BusyZee do you know what condemn means? Maybe I'm not understanding you're comment, when you condemn everyone you see you critisize, denounce, disapprove, etc...so you simply cannot personally try to condemn everyone then turn around and wish peace to them. That's not how it works.
  • Options
    @MrsLa3 I guess I disagree with that. Or maybe we both don't understand what each of us is saying.
  • Options
    BusyZee said:
    @MrsLa3 I guess I disagree with that. Or maybe we both don't understand what each of us is saying.
    @BusyZee - I have to say I agree with @MrsLa3

Condemning someone is the total opposite of wishing peace upon / to them. You either want one or the other. You either wish peace or condemn / want to condemn someone. What your saying makes it seem like you're a hypocrite....
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @SpongeWorthy - Maybe. If that's actually the case then maybe I can see where she's coming from.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    I wish peace on people(mankind)and I condemn the act of terrorism, not people.

edit
    thanks @SpongeWorthy you put that better than me! 
  • Options
    Devils advocate here but I think it was a different choice of words, she referenced others "condemning" first which wasn't the case as it was in disapproving the act and bigotry not the person. She wished peace and wanting to make everyone feel comfortable. 

My husband is 1/2 Mexican and I get horrible comments every once in awhile, including my grandma telling me she hopes this baby doesn't look like my husband - you can definitely love the person but disagree with the opinions and actions of others. 
  • Options
    @BusyZee That's a really tough background. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's a pretty chilling feeling to be hated for something that you were just born as, or something maybe you have a "choice" in, but is as fundamental as religion. I hope you have better experiences moving forward - that's insufficient wording, I'm sorry. 

@Dcwtada I am always blown away by your stories of racism. I am not sure how it will turn out for your sweet baby, but hope for the best. It's admirable for you to give the benefit of the doubt to people. I am not sure I'd be able to keep someone in my life if they said things like that about my husband and baby. But I value family above all else, so when it's family saying those things, what an awful position to be in. 
  • Options
    @Xath
    That's horrible! I wish people would just STFU and keep their opinions about others' appearances to themselves. The other day I had the most awkward moment when a colleague brought up my newly showing baby belly and I mentioned that it feels huge, but I know I still have a ways to go. The receptionist happened to be standing right there and said loud enough for everyone on that side of the office to hear, "Nah, you're still all boobs."  :#:#:# It was extremely awkward. 
  • Options
    kerils said:
    @stokesm21 I'm not afraid of being sued as much as I'm afraid of someone calling CPS. Obviously the service they provide is invaluable in situations, but I've heard of them being called and kids being taken away just for letting kids play at the park across the street alone. At like age 10. It's getting insane. I want my kids to be able to play outside (age appropriate) and learn that independence without having my kids taken away from me for it. 
    I'm not saying the fear doesn't exist here but with CAS (your equivalent to CPS) there has to be a clear pattern of neglect/abuse before they will take your children away.  Even then, they create a plan to work with you so that you can get your children back.  There are tons of horror stories but equally as many of CAS helping parents to get on the right track with their kids.  My BIL actually works in the system as does my best friend from college.    
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    M BF goes to MIL, again... I try to avoid going to the bathroom right after she has been in there, let it air out a bit, ya know? But yesterday, I had to pee so bad that I went in there right after. The smell. Was soooo strong, and the increased sense of smell doesn't help either. Think a store full of raw seafood. Yep, that was the smell, and it was sooo overpowering. I am just wondering how anyone can sit down on the toilet and think that is normal? Or not notice it? 

Also, you've no idea how many times I have stepped in urine, sometimes with socks, and sometimes without. And it isn't me, ds or dh, soooo...

ETA She really isn't a bad person. I think she is simply unaware... She has some strange opinions, and cooks in a way that disagrees with me... but she is great to my son and my family. That being said, we are very texted to move into our home come spring when the utilities and septic are finally in order.
  • Options
    @CarsonsMommy  I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.  *gagging*
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    @SquirttheTurtle lol... so did I.