March 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In 2/27

This is for all our March moms who have experienced a loss- we are here to support one another! 3

1. How far along are you?

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to?

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

4. GTKY: With spring coming up, what are looking forward to most with the warmer weather? 

Re: PGAL Check In 2/27

• Options
    1. How far along are you? 38 weeks 6 days 

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to? Made it to Full Term! Had my weekly OB appointment today- still no progress (cervix not dilated at all but softer, baby not dropped at all). Everything else is looking good so still a waiting game- next week at my 40 week appointment we will schedule an induction date in case I go over 41 weeks...which hopefully won't happen! Hard to be patient but LO will come when she is ready I guess- I just can't wait to meet her <3 

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Just feeling more uncomfortable- back hurts, peeing every 5 seconds....not being able to sleep- the usual!! 

4. GTKY: With spring coming up, what are looking forward to most with the warmer weather? Can't wait to garden- my tulip bulbs started popping up out of the ground which made me really excited. Also looking forward to taking the baby on walks outside when on maternity leave and just spending time together as a family enjoying the weather. 
  • Options

1. How far along are you? 36 weeks 5 days

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to? I had an NST this morning which went well. Thursday I have a BPP test and NST test and a regular appointment. Little one has been doing great!

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm feeling much better about my diagnosis of gestational hypertension. It freaked me out so badly last week, I wouldn't even leave the house by myself. My blood pressure has been steady since I've started to take it easier so that's been a relief. I think  I'm going to go ahead with the induction at 39 weeks (if I make it that far). I think the risks of having him at 39 weeks outweigh the risks of staying pregnant at that point.

4. GTKY: With spring coming up, what are looking forward to most with the warmer weather? I'm looking forward to so many things! I totally gave up running when I found out that I was pregnant last July and have been dying to get out on the road again even if it's just for ten minutes. I can't wait!

@spartanrd4 you are so close! It does really turn into a waiting game doesn't it? Sometimes when I get really tired... I think to myself.. don't go into labor just yet. I need a nap first! lol

Me: 33 Hubs: 34

TTC since 5/2014

BFP: 7/27/14 MC: 9/20/14

BFP: 6/29/15 MC: 7/6/15

BFP: 7/17/16 EDD: 3/22/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sarahbobby I am glad to hear your NST went well and that you are resting more which is helping your blood pressure! Good that you have a plan going forward to get LO here as safely as possible :) 
  • Options
    @spartanrd4 yay for full term!!  So exciting!!  
    @sarahbobby I'm so glad you are less anxious about your BP and things are all good on the NST front.  

1. 35+6
    2. I have my GBS test & weekly OB Friday.  They will also do a quick US to confirm if LO is still breech.  If so we'll get the scheduled CS details.
    3. I am trying to remain at peace about the potential for CS.   At the end of the day I just want a healthy baby.  Also,  I am starting to feel super unprepared.  I need to step it up and get my to-do list in order and start checking things off.  She could really come at any point!
    4. I am looking foraward to long walks in the fresh air & leisurely evenings grilling & relaxing outside as a family!!!  We have also been talking about getting a pool
    membership this summer.  That would make me so happy (though I will probably hate my body & feel gross in a bathing suit for most of the summer!)
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @MrsBinPA I love your attitude about most likely having a CS....you are right, a healthy baby is the most important :)
  • Options
    @MrsBinPA I felt the same way about having my c-section but it actually went way better than I thought it would go in my mind. 
  • Options
    liepertsmliepertsm member
    edited February 2017
    1. How far along are you? 39+3

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to? Have an appointment tomorrow. Just looking forward to seeing what the doctor says. 

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm equal parts ready and scared. So ready to hold my boy but the process of getting him out has me Ter.rif.ied. 

I stopped teaching this week and I'm glad for a little bit of down time before he comes, but trying hard to keep busy so I'm not sitting around wondering when something's going to happen.

4. GTKY: With spring coming up, what are looking forward to most with the warmer weather? I'm really looking forward to having windows open; I love the fresh air in the house. Also looking forward to grilling and walks outside.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

• Options
    Spartanrd4  Yeah for making it to term mama!!!!!!

sarahbobby Glad to hear the NST went well! Keep taking it easy! 

MrsBinPA   Between 35 and 38 weeks my little lady FULLY flipped 3 times!  I did my inversions religiously. Lots of techniques out there to try to take advantage of. There's still time so stay positive and FX your lo flips.  And if they dont I pray that you maintain a positive attitude about the CS! A scheduled CS will be leaps easier on your body/recovery than an emergency.

1. How far along are you?

39w2d!  :o:o :o :o 

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to?
    Midwife appt tmw and I should have the bigger birthing tub tmw. At that point I **Think** I will officially feel like there is nothing else that needs to be done for the arrival of this little lady

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:
    Trying to stay committed to positive thoughts  as we prepare for this home birth.

4. GTKY: With spring coming up, what are looking forward to most with the warmer weather?

Everything!! I've already got plans on the books for Easter eggs hunts, first two trips as a family of 4 - Mrytle beach in May and Spain in June! I'll be heading back to work next year so I want to FULLY take advantage of every bit of this year and the warm weather! 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 37w4d

2. Next appointment/any milestone you're looking forward to? Over the weekend I threw out my back - I can't even walk. Yesterday at my appointment they basically informed me there wasn't much they could do until after delivery, so they put me on bedrest for the next two weeks until baby arrives :(

3. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I was really hoping for a March baby - March just feels like SUCH a good month to have a birthday! Well, it's 4 PM on the last day of February, so even if I went into labor right now this baby would most likely be born in March! For some reason this makes me unreasonably happy :)

4. GTKY: With spring coming up, what are looking forward to most with the warmer weather? Honestly I feel like we kinda skipped over winter here... It's hard to "look forward" to the warm weather when it never really left this year. Weird.
  • Options
    @vino831 sounds like you so many fun trips planned!! You give me hope that it's possible to travel with a LO!
    @JustAnotherUsername16 so sorry about your back....mine is killing me right now! Hope this bedrest time goes by fast. 
  • Options

@Justanotherusername16 I have been thinking about you. Hope your bed rest is going the best that it can. I'm on 'couch rest' right now. I'm excited about a March baby as well. My husband's birthday is in February and we have nothing to celebrate in March so this little guy will be great to celebrate!

@vino831 Spain sounds like so much fun! I would love to go there and already bought some travel books for visiting. My mom lived there in her early twenties always talked about it when I was growing up.

@mrsbinpa I also got excited about going to the pool until I thought about what I may look like in June/July/August.

TTC since 5/2014

• Options
    JustAnotherUsername16  I'm so sorry to hear about your back! Has there been any improvement with your little bit of rest thus far? Do you think this was effect your birth preferences at all? Definitely hoping for a speedy recovery for you! 
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 congrats on your precious girl! 
  • Options
    I second that @spartanrd4!  I got teary reading your announcement post.  She is beautiful!!  All the hugs to you.
    ****TW****

• Options
    Thank you @MrsBinPA and @mcdonald-bailey....I am so thankful I had all you PGAL ladies to share this journey with. Rooting for all of you on meeting your beautiful rainbows soon! ❤
  • Options
    @spartanrd4 congratulations on your beautiful girl! I was so excited to see your post this morning!

TTC since 5/2014

• Options
    @vino831 I always fool myself into thinking I am getting better because sitting/lying down relieves the pressure on my back and I feel fine! But as soon as I move or try to put any weight there... extreme and severe pain. The doctors think that the baby is just putting a lot of pressure on previously existing spinal damage, so after she is born hopefully it will alleviate a lot of the pain. I sure hope so because I don't want to have to rely on other people to carry or hold or console my baby when she's born - I want to be the one for that!

As for birthing preferences, my blood pressure has been steadily rising (I think this is getting triggered by pain) so they are going to induce next week anyway. Plus, I tested positive for Strep B anyways so I truly can't have the IV free birth I wanted. I've let go of my preference... my new preference is just a healthy baby by any necessary means. Thanks so much for thinking about me - it means a lot to me :)
  • Options
    @MrsBinPA How did the appointment go? 
  • Options
    @bostonbaby1 she was still breech!  Waiting for the doctors office to get their act together and confirm my c-section date.  I think it will either be the 21st or 23rd!  Sooo close.
    ****TW****

• Options
    MrsBinPA said:
    @bostonbaby1 she was still breech!  Waiting for the doctors office to get their act together and confirm my c-section date.  I think it will either be the 21st or 23rd!  Sooo close.
    I am sorry she didn't flip but I am so excited for you! DS was born via section and I hope yours goes as smoothly and easily as mine did. Gah! I'm so thrilled for you❤