September 2017 Moms
Options

Bitchfest Monday 2/27

Lets hear it ladies.  What happened this weekend or today that has you bitching?

Re: Bitchfest Monday 2/27

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @daniellelynette That's awful. I hate when parents basically play favorites.

We don't speak to DH's father, but will still use the last name as DH kept it. His mom remarried when he was real young and uses his step-dad's name. We're trying to figure out how to explain to the baby that we don't know the grandpa with our last name (without going into why we don't speak to him because it was a really bad history that we don't want to share at least not while Baby is young). DH used his step-dad's name some in high school. Sometimes he wishes he took it, but he's not really close to his step-dad either. It's a tough situation. I'm hoping to find a good answer before the baby is old enough to start asking questions. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall he is totally plying favorites. Only because DH ran away from him at 16 to go live with his mom. I'm totally re saying everything from the last time I bitched about this lol. I guess it just makes me so mad... like POS deleted DH from Facebook too... for real? He never even posts anything.. like EVER... so it was 100% spiteful and not because of annoying sharing or something. 
  • Options
    @daniellelynette wow, this sounds soooo familiar. First of all, what a douchebag. There's no excuse for that kind of behavior, he's a an adult.. act like it, man! I hate hearing about this whole playing favorites between siblings and grandkids. My MIL and my husband's step dad do that crap. They very obviously prefer my husband's twin sister to my husband. It's a ridiculous story. However, my husband's biological father, which is really the only title for his stupid ass... is a real piece of work. He did manage to show up at our wedding and not cause a scene with my MIL, as they truly hate each other.. that was incredible. He's the most unethical human being I've ever met for sooooo many reasons, and overall.. he's a bad guy. He's never shown any interest in our son, and has no idea we are expecting another, because he won't call my husband back. In fact, we've stopped trying to tell him at all. He's never set eyes on our nearly 3 year old. While this isn't tragic for me, I can tell it's painful for my husband when we talk about it. What the hell is wrong with people??!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @beccam1230 go find me has always rubbed me the wrong way. A girl I went to high school with got her boob job paid for there. It totally undermines when people really need it, like a friend of mine whose baby was born at 30 weeks, has a TON of rare diseases and has been life flights back and forth from Utah to Pennsylvania, mom lost her job and dad is out of vacation and time off so he commutes hours and hours on his time off, they've almost lost her and she's six months old on ECMO. Their insurance isn't doing enough and the bills are stacking up. That is a cause I donated to. But a boob job? And not wanting to pay for your meds when you spent twice that on a vacation? Not sympathetic in the least. 
  • Options
    GoFundMe accounts seriously bother me when people set them up for the dumbest reasons or when they don't need it. I think you can anonymously report her gofundme account. Taking money like that when you don't need is a. fraudulent and b makes you look like such a crappy person. Hopefully karma will catch up to her 
  • Options
    GoFundMe accounts seriously bother me when people set them up for the dumbest reasons or when they don't need it. I think you can anonymously report her gofundme account. Taking money like that when you don't need is a. fraudulent and b makes you look like such a crappy person. Hopefully karma will catch up to her 

THIS! I have seen Go Fund Me accounts for trips to Disney and Student Loans? Really I graduated college 10 years ago and still have a ton of deb, and I'd love to go to Disney.

• Options
    @daniellelynette that's one of the reasons I'm so bothered by it. There are so many people and causes that actually need the donations, which I will be happy to support- but this is so ridiculous! But oh my goodness, I hope your friend it getting the support they need, I'm so sorry they're going through that. What a heartbreaking situation.

@amandarene112 you're thinking like a responsible adult! I guess that's the difference between you and her, you have a conscience. I don't know why she feels that it's ok to take advantage of people that way! I think most people would have a tendency to complain a little bit about something like that, but to ask for money when you're fully capable of paying for it yourself, I'm unbelievable! I 100% agree with you, either pay for it yourself or save the money! Ugh.. some people!
  • Options
    @jessieR358 I actually thought about reporting her.. but get this, I just checked her updates and she ditched the gofund me and just gave people her paypal info to donate money to her that way  :o maybe she didn't want anyone to report her for fraud. I soooo believe in karma!

@DPandMB right?! I feel like gofundme should be used for people who actually need help! So many people trying to get money for vacations and fun stuff that it tends to minimize the actual problems people need help with. Although, I will say that at least these people are honest about why they want the money, so others can choose to donate with all the facts! 
  • Options
    @beccam1230 ohhhh she so knows what she's doing! 
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else about GoFundMe. I feel like so many of them are just money grabbing or for stupid stuff. The only ones I've ever donated to were independent Christian films, and we set up one as a funeral fund for one of my DH's good friends.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @daniellelynette I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Sounds kind of like my family. Thankfully we have essentially cut all ties with them and they are no longer involved in our lives (nor will they be involved in our kids' lives). Sometimes it's just best to cut ties and move on with life.

My bitchfest is that while I now finally own my own home (yay!), I cannot stay in my own home until Friday. Stupid non-pregnancy safe chemicals from renovations... :'( 

Thankfully a friend is letting us crash at his house, which is just a short ways down the road. I just really wanted to sleep in my own home now that we have gotten cometely out of our old apartment.
  • Options
    Ughh at the ridiculous gofundmes. I had a friend that literally set one up to buy himself a new bowling ball... A BOWLING BALL.

My bitchfest is stupid. Last time we told immediate families about my pregnancy at 10 weeks, after the 1st ultrasound, even though I wanted to wait after 1st tri (DH pushed me into it). Today we just had our 1st appt at 10 wks and DH is wanting to tell families again. I'll be 35 next month and will be going in for testing in the next 2-3 weeks and would rather wait until that happens for peace of mind. DH thinks I'm being crazy and he may be right. Has anybody else not told close family at that point? Am I being completely ridiculous wanting to wait a couple more weeks?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My boss tells me today that I look tired and asks if I am feel ok.. Yes I am feeling ok and yes I am tired because my DH kept me awake all night with his snoring! I can't remember how many times I woke him up to roll over, only to be awaken again a short time later!
  • Options
    hatrats said:
    Ughh at the ridiculous gofundmes. I had a friend that literally set one up to buy himself a new bowling ball... A BOWLING BALL.

My bitchfest is stupid. Last time we told immediate families about my pregnancy at 10 weeks, after the 1st ultrasound, even though I wanted to wait after 1st tri (DH pushed me into it). Today we just had our 1st appt at 10 wks and DH is wanting to tell families again. I'll be 35 next month and will be going in for testing in the next 2-3 weeks and would rather wait until that happens for peace of mind. DH thinks I'm being crazy and he may be right. Has anybody else not told close family at that point? Am I being completely ridiculous wanting to wait a couple more weeks?
    I waited till 18 weeks last time and will probably do the same this time. I want to wait to tell our families in person  and they will be visiting late March/early April, so we want to wait till then anyway. But no, you aren't crazy.
  • Options
    @hatrats no you aren't crazy! He should respect that you want to wait a few more weeks. 
  • Options
    @hatrats you are not crazy! I haven't told our families yet. We will this weekend at 13 weeks because of a big get together on each side. But I wish we could wait until the baby was born! 
  • Options
    childcaremamachildcaremama member
    edited February 2017
    My bitch fest is that my friend insists that ultrasounds are dangerous to babies. She didn't have one with her son. I had a very high risk pregnancy with my first and m had weekly ultrasounds once she was viable. She insists that they damage the babies hearing and damage the babies rapidly dividing cells. It feels like she is accusing me of putting my children in danger when I'm doing the opposite!!!
  • Options
    @childcaremama That would drive me crazy. I hate when people tell me that I should/shouldn't do something when my doctor is telling me the opposite. Seriously, I'm going to listen the the licensed medical professional every time, thanks. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    Thanks for making me feel less crazy peeps. I knew I could count on you.

@childcaremama I'm pretty sure your doctor knows more than your friend about ultrasounds. I know exactly 0 people who, since the dawn of ultrasounds, have had no ultrasound. And I know only one person whose child was born with hearing loss. Of course, in her case, it's genetic, so can't really point to ultrasounds on that one.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    hatrats said:
     Has anybody else not told close family at that point? Am I being completely ridiculous wanting to wait a couple more weeks?
    12 weeks and only sister knows (she's going to be the only one I miss moving out of country). Don't plan on telling people until May if I can get away with it. Well after our anatomy scan (April 28th)

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @hatrats I'm 11wks 2 days. The only family that knows is my mom & dad and his mom & dad. But that is ONLY because DH has been gone since 2 days before my BFP at 3wks 6days, and I wanted my mom (who lives in VA) to be here during week 8 (when i have had 2 prev MC at and for the 1st U/S appointment) so I wouldn't be alone should the worse happen. His parents know because they live in Cali (we live in Florida), and he has been in California with military training and was able to meet up with them for dinner after the U/S appointment and tell them in person. Otherwise, no one would know until after 1st trimester. I haven't told my siblings - plus my brother's wife just had their daughter on Saturday so I'm not trying to cramp anyone's style. We are waiting until I am 13 weeks to tell the rest of close family via phone, and then 14 weeks for social media. 
  • Options
    @hatrats We're *hoping* to tell our families in person mid-late March (week 14-15), but we'll have to come up with an alternate plan if my husband's visa doesn't process in time. My husband and I agree that our families wouldn't be the best people to emotionally support us if there was a miscarriage, so we want to wait until things are more "established" in the pregnancy. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @hatrats You're not crazy!  Tell people whenever you want to do so.  DH and I told a very small group of people when we found out about DS, but it was only because we were getting ready to sign up for a major marathon, and my due date ended up being about a week before the marathon.  Other than that, and telling our parents/ immediate family around 8w, we didn't tell anyone until after my 12w NT scan.  We ended up telling a lot more people this time (same group as the first time, because we were actually at the marathon we'd planned the first time, in Disney, and I couldn't do the roller coasters or drink!), but I think I just feel more confident this time around.  Plus, I'm having a *much* harder time hiding the blump.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker