Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Weekend recap 2/27!

What did do you this weekend?! I can't believe it's Monday already.

Re: Weekend recap 2/27!

• Options
    I can't believe it either! It's been convenient having my ticker changes on Monday because it's a new week AND a new week of pregnancy, but now it just feels even weirder starting a new week now that it's getting closer. 

Not a bad weekend. Got to rest. Got to meet someone for coffee. DH and I went to Lowe's and got primer and paint for the walls and trim. Ceiling fan and ceiling paint was done prior to the weekend, so getting the walls and trim primed was great. Another coat of primer and then paint and then we can actually put together the crib and purchase a dresser. It feels weird. But exciting. We only have five more weekends to work on these things because next weekend we're traveling for a family baby shower a few hours away. 

I also got excited this weekend when my new box of maternity underwear arrived. lol. I've been needing more. 
  • Options
    I finally baked some muffins that DDs had been begging me for.  They brought the recipe home from their PE teacher at school.  They had apple sauce, bananas, strawberries, and oatmeal, among other things, in them.  They were good, I guess, but I am still in my first trimester and endlessly nauseous.  
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm continuing my pre-natal yoga with a friend and LOVING it. Nothing else too exciting other than the turkey I mentioned in the check in post. 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options
    @HGRich I had to laugh at the maternity panties comment. Wal-mart sells some panties that are literally called "No Muffin top",  and I wanted to buy them to wear after my c-section cause I remember from the first time with my daughter how I struggled with comfy undies with the incision. However, I refused to buy the no muffin tops in person so I bought them online when they offered free shipping. 
    @Aprilsarahjune those muffins sound awesome, sorry you couldn't enjoy them more.
    @byrneme I have to go read about this turkey....
  • Options
    This weekend was really nice for me. Saturday I had a prenatal massage which was awesome, it was a Christmas gift from my husband. This Sunday, me, DH and DD all went to the beach. It was a beautiful, picture perfect beach day and I'm so glad we were able to fit it in before the baby gets here. I really wanted to try and get SeaWorld in, before he arrives, but I don't think it's going to happen. 
  • Options
    Not really the weekend, but I took the day off work Friday because we had the anatomy scan in the morning and my husband had the day off already.  We had originally planned to do something 'fun', but my husband knew I'd been stressed with feeling we have so much to do before the baby gets here, so we went out to Babys R Us to do a first pass on our registry.  Talk about overwhelming.  We were there forever but I feel much more accomplished now (even though I wouldn't consider the registry fully finished yet).  Let me ask you STM's a question: the registry guy at BRU suggested we register for what I consider a crazy amount of items: 5x the number of people we're expecting at our shower!  I felt like we went overboard on the first pass and don't even have half that amount. 

@byrneme were you a yoga person prior to pregnancy?  i've wanted to try prenatal yoga for some relaxation/des-stress reasons, but i've never tried yoga and i'm not a particularly flexible person
  • Options
    @Bok Bagok did your massage therapist claim to be certified in prenatal massage? I'm trying to book one and some require a doctor's note and others say they're certified and others don't. I'm wondering if it actually matters. 

@cpr79 not an STM but I'm about to have my second baby shower this weekend and less than a third has been purchased, including from my first shower. I kind of figured. So some of the stuff I put on there are things I want to use the discount on here soon and not things I actually expect anyone to buy. Five times the number of guests sounds like a lot!!
  • Options
    @CPR79 Also not a STM, but I found a few things from my registration process - hoping maybe they might be helpful to you:
    1. I don't need nearly 2/3rds of the stuff that the registry list says I need. These people are trying to make money and sell products - of course they would tell me I need more than I really do. Honestly, I used the list to guide my in the right directions at first, but eventually, I threw it out. 
    2. It was easier for me to do most of my registry management online. It provided me more time to research products and I didn't feel like I was being rushed by other customers or pressured by registry sales people.
    3. I found the best websites (for me) to research this stuff was consumer reports and Lucie's List.
    4. On the "big ticket" items (like a car seat, furniture, stroller, etc.), I would narrow it down to a couple options and then go to the store to put hands on them/test them out to make a final decision. Manipulating them in person was helpful, but this way I didn't have to do it with EVERYTHING - just a couple items. 
    5. At the end of the day, my youngest aunt and friends who are moms helped me narrow down my list and determine what I ACTUALLY needed. I was able to send my registry to them early and have them look over everything and give me honest feedback.
    6. Advice from my family/friend "experts" that I will pass along that turned out to be SOOO true for me... Don't put any games, toys, clothes, or other "cute" or "fun" things on your registry - focus instead on what you need. Lots of people will buy these things for you anyway regardless of whether they are on your registry. And if your friends and family are actually amazing enough to only buy things that are on your registry (fat chance) then you get to buy these things yourself! And often you can find them a lot cheaper at consignment stores, yard sales, etc.

This is what worked for me - but naturally everyone is different. I hope you find your balance as well :)

• Options
    That was a lot of unsolicited advice and I won't be offended if you don't follow any of it! But here's one more piece of advice.... Babies R Us, Target, and Buy Buy Baby all do free registry gift bags full of samples, goodies, and coupons - you should definitely get them all! I registered for all three stores online (even though I only actually used one of these registeries) and then went to the customer service desk at all three stores to pick up my free gift bag. If you pay for amazon prime, I hear they also have one. 
  • Options
    @CPR79 I was most definitely NOT a yoga person prior but felt that the stretching would be super beneficial. I also like how they, at least at this studio, do a lot to talk about poses (if that's even the right word?) you can do during contractions and breathing and kegels and stuff - things that really apply to labor. I totally encourage you to check it out. 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options
    @hgrich about the massage therapist, I don't think it would make a difference? The place I went to, I noticed some of the people specifically wrote on their bio that they were certified in prenatal massage and other's didn't mention it. As far as I was concerned as long as they are licensed and I booked specifically a prenatal massage, I just picked whose name and picture I liked best from their website :)