Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check In 2/27

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What are you proud of yourself for accomplishing recently, pregnancy related or not? 

Re: PGAL Check In 2/27

• How far along are you? 35 weeks and 4 days. 

How big is baby? Pineapple 

Appointments coming up? Yup, I have two, tomorrow I have a growth scan with my MFM and Thursday my very first NST. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Feeling pretty good over all. I talked to my OB last week about how upset I was getting with their comments of the baby being small. She assured me that they are not worried about it at all. That if there were any concerns they would tell me. I've felt better since then. I have my fingers crossed baby's growth scan tomorrow will bring more peace of mind. Also I've gained a couple pounds, which is great since I haven't gained hardly anything in months. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Soon March will be here, my csection is scheduled for 3/27 so we are in count down time now. I'm trying to get a million things done. But it's like stupid non baby essential stuff, like cleaning the grout in my kitchen and reorganizing my linen closet. 

Rants/Raves/questions? I'm feeling like such a boring lazy mom to my daughter. She's three and so like most three year olds, high energy and constantly wants to play. I can't play with her physically anymore and doing the pretend play is mentally numbing and exhausting in a way I didn't think possible. Plus my own mind is running a million miles per hour about all the things I want to do. Of course all that gives me a big dose of mom guilt because this is it, these are the last moments of it being just me and her. Soon there will be another child I need to pay attention to. I do my best directing play we can do together, like reading, playing board games, puzzles and having her help me do whatever chores i need to get done. She's just very demanding and there's not enough of me to go around. 

GTKY: What are you proud of yourself for accomplishing recently, pregnancy related or not? Just handling this pregnancy in general. There have been a ton of ups and downs and our schedule this final stretch is totally busy and crazy. My husband has a business trip he is leaving for today and my mom is also going on vacation, there's a few days of overlap where they will both be gone at the same time. Considering the anxiety I have, I'm pretty proud of myself for keeping t together, most of the time anyway :) 
  • @Bok Bagok I'm glad you have some clarity from your doctors and that they're not concerned! And it's exciting you're a month out now! As far as being a lazy mom I don't have experience there but I'm sure you're doing a great job. All kids have to go through phases where parents are tired and most kids have to share parents with a sibling! She probably hasn't noticed and probably won't remember. And it'll be good change for her. :) I'd be freaked out that late in pregnancy without Mom or DH for a week so more power to you for handling it well. You got this! 
  • Loading the player...
  • HGRichHGRich member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 33 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    The size of a loaf of bread apparently. Over four pounds most likely. But I'm not getting any growth scans so it's based on average. 

Appointments coming up? 
    Hair appointment and hopefully prenatal massage! Otherwise not until next week with the OB.

Physically I'm fine. Didn't sleep well last night but you know, pregnancy. Several Braxton hicks this past weekend but I think I was just dehydrated. Emotionally I've been doing really, really well, until yesterday I just got so frustrated with DH's attitude and realized how much I've done completely alone for this pregnancy. I do everything for appointments and getting physically ready as far as having baby stuff and doing research and scheduling classes and finding a pediatrician, all while exhausted and working and maintaining the house and until recently with a broken foot, and all he has to do is show up to classes and paint the nursery and he has had nothing but a terrible attitude about it. I KNOW some of it is denial and avoidance of fear, but come on. I need him on my team before she's here, and I'm not exactly serene and peaceful about this either! I just don't understand why he's not on board and I can't believe it's taken me so long to realize how distant he is and how content he is to let me do it all so he doesn't have to bother. Sorry, needed to rant. Lol. 

Having the nursery set up and my hospital bag packed and a few newborn outfits washed. The rest doesn't bother me if it gets done perfectly or not. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I guess I'm pretty excited about my second baby shower this coming weekend. 

GTKY: What are you proud of yourself for accomplishing recently, pregnancy related or not? 
    I guess related to my rant, I've been handling so much without complaint physically and emotionally, preparing to leave a job I love on good terms, and making myself a more prepared mama than I thought I would be, mentally. I guess as far as little things go, I assembled the stroller this week. Haha. 
  • How far along are you? 8w1d

How big is baby? A Raspberry!

Appointments coming up? Had one today :) the meeting with the nurse is on Wednesday

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Still so so tired. Feeling nauseous morning and evenings. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I want to hear the HB 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What are you proud of yourself for accomplishing recently, pregnancy related or not? Not quite finished but in 2 months I'll be completed with my bachelors degree! Long journey. 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 7 w, 4 days.

How big is baby?
    Blueberry?

Appointments coming up?
    Just scheduled with a new OBGYN for next week.  I am trying to deliver at a more local hospital.  For DS, we drove 45 minutes to get there ... after my water broke and oh yeah, we had to stop to fuel up on the way, too.

Lots of nausea.  I also had some very light spotting this morning that through me into a tizzy.  No more spotting since 6:30a.m., though, so I will take that as a good sign.

Let's get to the dr. appt. next week.  I think that if any problems occur before then, I will go through my old obgyn who is 45 minutes away.  

Rants/Raves/Questions:  
    There is a 73 year old semi-retired man at my office.  He is an awful human being and seems to get worse every year. 

I have been working rather consistently and efficiently today with only a few short breaks to play on the bump.
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections

• GTKY: What are you proud of yourself for accomplishing recently, pregnancy related or not? Not quite finished but in 2 months I'll be completed with my bachelors degree! Long journey. 
    Congrats!  Finish strong!
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • @Dobrovolskaya congrats on the degree! Exciting! 

@aprilsarahjune I had some spotting from weeks 6-8 or so. Turned out to be nothing. Also your trip to the hospital sounds awful. lol, glad you made it fine! Or I assume you did.  :D
  • How far along are you37w3d

How big is baby? 
    Size of a skunk

Appointments coming up? 
    Had one this morning that resulted in me being put on bedrest until baby comes :(. Next appointment on Thursday. 

Honestly, very torn. I threw out my back somehow and cannot put any weight on my left foot, thus the bedrest. I'm happy to get relief, but not happy to be starting my unpaid leave early. 

Well if I'm still pregnant a week from today they are going to induce me later that week at exactly 39w. I'm not looking forward to an induction, but I am looking forward to finally meeting this LO

Rants/Raves/Questions:

I retook my GRE recently so that I could apply to pursue my Ph.D. Crazy! 
  • How far along are you? 18w6d

How big is baby? 
    Artichoke

Appointments coming up? 
    None this week.

Good for the most part on both! I am able to stay awake a little later but I still wake up at the crack of dawn. I'm using that time to do some reading and walk on the treadmill to catch up on my DVR. I know as I get further along I'll use that time to prep for the baby but it's still a little early so it's my 'me time'. I'm feeling flutters which is super cool :)

A/S next week!

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    None- I'm actually in a pretty good place!

Sounds silly but yesterday I smoked a turkey. Smoking things is usually my DH's territory but he was out of town last week so I did everything from the thawing to the brining to the smoking. One tiny grease fire since someone, I don't think I have to tell you who, didn't clean it after the last smoke but it was AMAZING. We had Thanksgiving in February with a group of friends and watched the Oscars, it was great. The company AND doing something I've not done before. 

@Dobrovolskaya - that's amazing, congrats, you've got this!

@JustAnotherUsername16 - I'm sorry about your back and the bedrest but think how close you are to meeting your LO!!!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @HGRich, you're right that she won't remember probably any of this, I gotta remember that. It still pulls at my heart though when she comes over and says "Mommy, will you please play with me?" and I'm like in the middle of cooking dinner with raw meat on my hands, LOL. Find time for the massage for sure, I just had one this past weekend and it was really nice. 
    @Dobrovolskaya congrats on the degree!
    @aprilsarahjune I also had spotting with all my pregnancies, no matter their outcome. It always freaked me out too, even though we all know it's normal. 
    @JustAnotherUsername16 sorry to hear about your bedrest. I'm sure that's not how you want to spend the end of your pregnancy :( We just do what we have to, don't we?
    @byrneme congrats on the turkey smoking!

• How far along are you? 19 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Mango

Appointments coming up? 
    Have a 20 week checkup and anatomy scan follow-up next week. 

Emotionally I'm ok.  Everything they could see at the A/S was considered normal, but of course now I'm obsessing over the fact that everything was measuring around 75% except amniotic fluid was 10%.  They didn't say anything was a concern, but I'm a worrier. Also, they couldn't get good shots of a few things so I have to go back next week.  They said it's no cause for concern and that it happens often, especially when you're on the earlier side of the range, but still.  Mostly it was the heart they couldn't get good pictures of.  

Finishing the full anatomy scan and the halfway point!

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Does anyone else get sore after ultrasounds?  It's almost like my abdomen feels bruised. 

We've been doing a lot of purging recently in preparation for the baby stuff, and that's definitely not a strength of mine.  The nursery used to be a library with 3 full bookcases and we downsized to 2 so we could move them into the guest room.  

@JustAnotherUsername16 Congrats on the GRE!  What area are you pursuing?  I finished my PhD in 2010 in Biomedical Engineering. 
  • @cpr79 my little one wouldn't let them get shots of her heart either so I had to go back. I just enjoyed getting to see her again! I'm glad everything looked normal for you, and if they weren't worried about anything I'm sure baby is doing well!