October 2017 Moms

Instant Pot

I don't think I seen a board for this yet? Does anyone here use an instant pot and if so what are your favourite recipes. My mom bought me one for Christmas and I love it but I'd also like more meal ideas to make in it! Tonight I'm testing out meat loaf. 

Re: Instant Pot

• What's an instant pot? A crock pot?
  • I don't have one but I want one badly!!!  One of the ladies I work with has one and swears by it!  She has a friend who has a blog and uses one too:  

https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/category/recipes/instant-pot-recipes  

They are both on the Slimming World diet but their food always looks delicious and I know from the leftovers my work buddy brings in that they smell, look, and taste delicious!  

• Loading the player...
  • @AiramH It's a pressure cooker, it's a slow cooker, it can sauté. You can make yogurt in it. It's amazing lol
    @ashleyluxe Thank you for the link! They are so worth it. It's a life saver, I work long hours and it really helps us have options for supper that are fast.
  • It's my favorite thing on earth. Skinnytaste has a lot of great recipies. 
  • I love mine. I suggest starting with a basic risotto. Then you can make different versions with whatever you have in the fridge and it's such an easy weeknight meal. I also like it for short ribs, potatoes in many forms, brown rice, beets, hard boiled eggs, beans/hummus... i even once made a frittata in it. Anyone have good freezer-to-pressure cooker recipes that will make for easy dinners when baby is here?