Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Saturday 2/25

Happy Saturday ladies! :)

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Whenever CD1 hits, what is your drink of choice? 

Re: WTO Saturday 2/25

• Loading the player...
  • Happy Saturday @LoveInDC So glad to hear the little pug is doing better! I can't begin to imagine how stressful that would have been

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: ya know

R/R: headed to crossfit soon and then a 10 mile run. Eek!! I'm going to be soooo sore!

CS/Q:

My drink of choice is not impacted by CD. A nice glass of red (H3) has been my go to as of late.
  • @cdnrunning wow, GL with your run! 

@LoveInDC glad to hear the pup is responding 

Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: pnv right now. Might look at adding coQ10 and a multivitamin for DH

R/R: I think we are getting BBQ for dinner tonight! Yay! On the negative side, still trying to decide which HVAC to purchase. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: Whenever CD1 hits, what is your drink of choice? Replace the white with red...

Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Many things

R/R: So I think I ovulated either overnight or it is happening today. 2 days of + OPKs with the darkest one being yesterday morning, and negative today so we shall see what my CM and boobs do.

CS/Q:

First of all, you forgot the letter 's' on the end of drink. Its ok. I forgive you. My drinks of choice are red wine, red wine and red wine. I am a big fan of Tempranillos, Riojas, Cote du Rhones and Montepulcianos
  • @KariAnn323 The weather is so crazy lately! I think it's more of a rave on my end. I'd rather take random 70 degree days than have 40 degree days straight through.

@cdnrunning My choice is completely influenced by CD lol When I have the CD1 blues, I need the comfort of my favorite wine. If I'm having fun/indulging mid cycle, I love a peach Long Island iced tea. I can't be sad and enjoy a Long Island. It just doesn't work :) Enjoy your run!

@BertieMeetsGertie DH and I did Mission BBQ last night! Warm weather always gets me in the mood for a pulled pork sandwich.

@kiwi2628 Yay for O! FX this is it. And you're so right, one drink is never enough on CD1 lol
  • @LoveInDC I'm so happy to hear your IL's dog is doing better and that stress and responsibility is off of you! 

Month/Cycle: 16/15

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU:  Stuff.

R/R:  @KariAnn323 This may have come up before and I'm forgetting, but from your rant I suspect that you are geographically very close to me!  Of course it's cold and snowy on Saturday and 70 during the middle of the work week. 

CS/Q:  Predicting when I'm going to O is always a fun game.  FF is currently pegging it for sometime between CD25-27 based on previous cycles, which I'm sure is exactly when it will happen this cycle because then H will be out of town for ALL of my fertile window.  Nevermind that I didn't O until CD32 last month.  And I had such a good string of 30-34 day cycles running for 3 months before that...

Add me to the red wine count.  Usually cab or zin, but I've been really into some blends lately. 

• @LoveInDC  glad to hear your ILs are back & you don't have that added stress

@cdnrunning you're a fitness inspiration! GL with your run

@KariAnn323 I'm with you on the crazy weather. Also, $4.50 moscato sounds wonderful

@BertieMeetsGertie yay for a night out. BBQ sounds yummy. 

@kiwi2628 FX this is the one 

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: the basics 

R/R: it's a lazy Saturday! 

CS/Q: with so many ups and downs it looks like it would make a good roller coaster track. 

I'm typically a white wine girl,(I like a good Riesling like @lulu1180 ) but recently I have become obsessed with Cupcake Redvelvet. It's a blend, it's less than $10 and it is delicious. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @zwink1 @dragonfly87 we're in northern Illinois. This whole winter has weird for us, barely any snow and not that cold.

@avrilmai the cupcake red velvet is the best! I usually don't like reds but that one is good

Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LoveInDC glad you IL's dog is doing better.

@KariAnn323 we have had some crazy weather the past few days too!

@cdnrunning good luck on your run!  

Month/Cycle: 11/11, 1AL

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: OPK, BBT, PNV, EOD, Preseed when needed.

R/R: It's Saturday and I've been up since 4.  Enough said.

CS/Q:  I'll prob have to use OPK detector this month.  This is ridiculous.

I do like a Grand Traverse Riesling or a moscato.  Usually It's whatever we have in the house at that point.  
  • @dragonfly87 yup, I work night shift. I'm a medical technologist in a hospital lab. I work part time, only Friday and Saturday nights which is nice, but it's 6:30pm-7am and then the rest of the week I'm home with DD so I operate on a normal schedule. I think the constant flip flop in my schedule is really starting to get to me, hence the added stress, and since we need my salary and I need those type of hours for childcare I can't just up and find another job. I'm thinking of asking my boss to modify my hours a bit because my mental and physical health has been suffering over the last year. I'm glad to hear you've slept better the last two nights! Insomnia is the worst. And as for trying to make your DH healthier, I feel your pain. My DH rarely exercises and while he's nowhere near overweight, he has high cholesterol. I'm constantly trying to push him to do some form of exercise. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Month/Cycle:8/6

CD:3

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,pnv,hio

R/R: Went with H to test his homemade windmill, but it wasn`t quite windy enough to get a good reading on his multi-meter.

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: Whenever CD1 hits, what is your drink of choice? I don`t drink alcohol so it would be earl grey tea.
  • @LoveInDC forgive me if you don't actually live near D.C., but have you been to Garden District?? Highly recommend if you haven't been there. Amazing BBQ and a beer garden! 

• @BertieMeetsGertie I'm in NOVA :) DH and I met working in DC. Between DH still working in the city and most of my family/friends living in MD, we're up there all the time. I'll  have to add that to our list of places to check out!
  • Month/Cycle: 11 / 8

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: Well we HIO'd a lot. My FW should be over now but my chart is a mess. I think I have this high temp that is an outlier and I should invalidate it or whatever, because I think it's confusing FF. (Note: This is my first full cycle of temping, so I have no history to go off of.)

R/R: The sun is out!

CS/Q: I'm posting below from mobile. I've never done this before so I hope it isn't enormous. As you can see my temp spiked by a lot on CD 12 (doesn't help that I didn't record temps the two days prior). But basically I way over indulged at a wedding Saturday night and got sick. I felt shitty all day Sunday and even on Monday morning, which is the morning of the temp spike. Should I leave it, or disregard it?

My favorite drink is a Moscow mule or a margarita on the rocks. But if I'm drinking at home it's probably prosecco or hard cider.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @TravelingCouple so glad you are feeling better!!! Sunshine certainly helps! 

• zwink1zwink1 member
    edited February 2017
    @KariAnn323 okay, so we haven't talked about it before then, but close enough that we have the same weather!

@TravelingCouple It's amazing what a little pampering can do for you. I hope your party goes well tonight!

@MJDsquared I think you're fine to leave the temp. I usually make a note as to what might have thrown the temp off. As you temp more, you'll get better at seeing what affects your temperatures. Some people notice large jumps after having a few drinks the night before, some people see jumps and others see dips if they wake up during the night. It really is just one of those things that takes a little time to learn.  So, that being said, when temping it's important to look at the picture overall. After you O, there should be a clear upward shift in temps that are consistently higher than the temps pre-O. One high pre-O temp isn't going to throw that off. However, FF does need something to compare your post-O temps to, so if you O-ed on CD15, FF may be off because your temp 3 days prior is artificially high. I still don't think you need to discard it, just be aware that this cycle may not be super accurate, and use it is a chance to practice for next cycle (though I hope you don't have a next cycle).

ETA: @dragonfly87 Thanks!  FF is rarely right with me either.  Then again, it's not like I have even remotely consistent cycles so I can't really blame the app. I'm just sure it's right this time because that's how this journey has worked for us! I think it's interesting that FF splits the difference for you. Given that women frequently have different O dates depending on whether it's the L or R ovary, it would be helpful if it would pick up in that in its predictions. 
  • @BertieMeetsGertie @zwink1 thanks friends! I've always been affected by the winter months but never actually thought I had seasonal affective disorder.. But this winter I think it was exacerbated by all the feelings I'm having about not being pregnant so it definitely has hit me harder this winter. I literally crave the sun over winter. The doc didn't say my vitamin D was low but maybe I'll ask if they specifically checked it. My PNV does have some but maybe it's not enough.
  • cdnrunningcdnrunning member
    edited February 2017
    @LoveInDC You make a very good point. I may need to rethink my drinking strategy 
    @zwink1 I'm in the same boat. I probably have a better shot at winning the lottery than guessing when I'm going to O
    @dragonfly87 I feel like I'm trying to get caught up on the few weeks of workouts I missed while I was sick. I can say for sure it wasn't pretty but I got the mileage in and that's all that matters. I so wish I could be disciplined enough to get a few more workouts in during the week though 
    @mispanda when I read OPK detector, I was thinking more like detective - you know Sherlock Holmes with his magnifying glass searching for the illusive O :)
  • @zwink1 That makes sense, thank you!!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020