May 2017 Moms
Options

Yoga

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good pre-natal yoga video. I recently had to stop working out because of my back and hips. I just feel like all my muscles are so tight. I'd love to get a little yoga/stretching in!

Re: Yoga

• Options
    I have a Heather Seiniger prenatal and postnatal yoga DVD DH ordered for me last pregnancy. I've done it all of 5 times this go round but I really should try to get to it more often. She's not my favorite fitness personality I guess you could say but the workout itself is pretty good which is what counts! 
  • Options
    Not a video, but I'm really liking the app "Down Dog" - it has a "restorative" practice option as well as several beginner levels. You choose those aspects plus the time (10-35 min) and it plays like a video with awesome music. You can skip poses (or just modify / replace them with others) and songs you don't like. Pretty awesome. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you can pay a little, there are plenty of options on Barre3.com for like $20/month. That's my #1. Otherwise, I just youtube "prenatal yoga". I'm a fan of SaraBethYoga, here's one of her videos.
  • Options
    There are some on YouTube. Just do a search for prenatal yoga. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    https://www.heyfitmama.com/ this was recommended to me when I did PT at the beginning of my pregnancy for low back/hip issues. I have a week right hip and SI joint. They aren't videos, but she describes what you do an for how long. 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    I've been using this DVD, and I dig it so far as it breaks into three different segments that can be done together or alone, and it's pretty fast-paced, which I prefer as I get super bored during yoga, but it helps so darn much! https://www.amazon.com/Home-Hilaria-Baldwin-Mommy-be/dp/B00DSR6EBG 
  • Options
    I second @saric83 . I've been using the Hilaria Baldwin video, as well. I love it because each of the three sections focuses on different areas of your body. I don't always (ok, EVER) feel like I have time for a full hour of yoga, so the small chunks help for targeted stretches. Also the hip/lower back stretches have been a lifesaver. 

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    I second YouTube...lots of options based on skill level and trimester