July 2016 Moms
Options

FFC 2-24

It's been so long! Let's hear all of them. 

Re: FFC 2-24

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm convinced my husband pulls that poop trick!
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    1. I was not loving BLW so I've started introducing puréed foods. 

2. I'm not making the purées either.

3. When M falls asleep in the car seat while out and about, I put the car seat in her room, and let her nap in it. 

4. As much as I love date nights out, I hate paying a babysitter. 

5. We have made it 7 months exclusively breastfeeding. At this point it's just as much for me as her. Like, I'm just really amazed at what my body can do. And damnit, I want my golden boobies. 
    Literally every single one of these
  • Options
    I was just thinking about how much I love breastfeeding, even though we have to now supplement with formula since my supply has stubbornly stayed the same amount since she was 4 months old (mastitis, clogged ducts, milk blisters, damn pumping, I hate that darn thing so much, if only C can hang out with me at work). I realize now that I was way too hard on myself with breastfeeding, everyone should do what is right for their baby, it would have better for my sanity or for my family to introduce formula before 6 months. 

And yes to paying a babysitter, the going rate for ours is 15 dollars, 15 DOLLARS an hour!!!! What the damn hell!

Yes I send my kid to a daycare center, yes it is not the best neighborhood, but it is safe and she loves her teachers, and IDGAF about how you love the one on one attention of a nanny. 

My house is like a crisis center, when it looks like a landmine went off or me and DH get tired of digging through bins for our clothes, then we clean, if you don't like it, don't come over.

As for baby proofing, DH is a police officer so we need to get in the habit of storing weapons in the safe, not laid out on the counter or in the unlocked closet. As for gates for the stairs, DH has tripped over and knocked the gate over 3 times in the first hour of putting of it in. 

• Options
    @adough27 I second the gun thing! It's one of the few things I'm super nervous about as DS gets older.
  • Options
    we got a safe right before S was born- definitely gives peace of mind.