July 2017 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In 2/22

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

How many kids do you plan on having? Has it changed or stayed the same?

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more/less?

Re: STM+ Check In 2/22

• Options
    How far along are you? 18 weeks!

What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Feeling pretty good right now! Starting to feel some movement, but nothing regular yet. Second tri is usually good to me *knock on wood*

Rant/Rave/Questions? Meh. Just excited it's a short work week.

How many kids do you plan on having? Has it changed or stayed the same? Well, I planned on never getting married or having kids. Then it was just 1. Now it's just 2. So who knows. 3 would definitely be my max though. I just worry about being outnumbered! And I don't want people thinking we tried for a 3rd to have boy. I'm perfectly happy with 2 sweet girls.

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more/less? I have 3. 2 brothers and 1 sister. I love them and we're really close. I can't imagine it any other way.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17+4

What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

Just exhaustion still. Well, gas too but not so bad. I was never exhausted before so just really want it to end.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope

I started out wanting just a couple. When I realized how difficult my oldest was going to be (ADHD and ODD) wasn't sure if I wanted more. I am now on my 4th child lol. 

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more/less? I have 2 biological sisters and 4 stepbrothers. I'm not close to any of my siblings. Between life and not wanting to be taken advantage of I've just stopped talking to them. A lot less stress in my life right now.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks!

What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? I have been feeling pretty good lately! I pushed myself too hard on Saturday and got sick- lesson learned. But I finally am in the mood to start working out and eat healthier.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I found out from my A/S that I currently have a low-lying placenta. I need to read through the A/S and questions threads to see if anyone has experienced this and what to expect.

How many kids do you plan on having? Has it changed or stayed the same? 2- the same number that we discussed when we first got married. I might be persuaded to have 3 but DH is firm, which is just fine. It's for the best both in terms of our age (mid-thirties) and finances.

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more/less? I have a brother and sister- it was a great number. They are my best friends. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    18 and some change 

still exhausted, now with a bit of diarrhea 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    i got nothing! 

2 - we were one and done up until last summer and then dd started asking some hard questions, making us realize we have small families on both sides and she wouldn't have any cousins either. telling her she'd assemble her family from friends wasn't working for me, so we decided to give her a sibling. 

i have one brother and while we're not too close, i'm glad he's out there in the world for me. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    20w4d

What symptoms are you having?
    Pelvic girdle pain, but that's been a constant since 14 weeks. Honestly, not sure it counts as a symptom, but the most annoying thing about pregnancy for me is always the inability to fully empty my bladder or fill my stomach as my uterus expands. I told my husband after my son was born that they best part of having given birth was no longer needing to peed every 20 minutes and the ability to finally finish my dinner.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    My toddler has been such a love recently. Last night, after dinner when my husband went to the gym, I sat down on the couch and my 17 month old, who is normally ALL movement, crawled up on the couch and just laid his head in my lap and snuggled his stuffed bunny for a good half hour. Completely delayed his bedtime, but it was totally worth it for baby snuggles, especially since they're so rare from him these days. Totally clinging to the last couple months I have left with him as an only child. Definitely bitter sweet.

We want 4, though I believe we are open to more after that. I always wanted a big family. We're having three, regardless, since we have our son and this time around, it's twins, but I love a crazy, busy household and firmly believe the craziness will pay off later. Honestly, though, I'm comfortable playing it by ear. I had fertility issues with my son, so there was honestly a time when we didn't even know if I COULD get pregnant or if we'd ever have the family we envisioned, so every pregnancy for me is a blessing and I'll take what's God sees fit to
    give me. On the upside of the fertility struggles, once I get pregnant, my body seems to carry babies fairly comfortably and easily, so I'll take my blessings where I can. And the twins, while planned, were a total surprise shakeup to what we were envisioning and happened MUCH faster than we thought possible, considering our struggle to conceive our son.

How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more/less?
    I have a brother and a sister. I am very, very close to both of them and, though my mom wishes she had had more, I never felt as though something were missing.

@Clio, I had a low lying placenta with my son and have one again with my daughter (the twin closest to my cervix). I'm happy to answer any questions you might have in regards to my personal experience, but the short version (from my end, anyway) is don't stress about it, especially this early. It almost always moves and is only annoying and a concern in that it prevents my husband and I from having sex. Otherwise, unless it's still there at 30 weeks or so, it's almost a non-issue.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 19w3d

Starting to get hungrier, but still not interested in much dinner or meat.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Not today

How many kids do you plan on having? Has it changed or stayed the same? 2. I always wanted 2...no more, no less. When DH had his stroke and subsequent seizures, I assumed that we would be done. 3 years later, and here we are.  No more though, because then the kids outnumber the parents.

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more/less?  1 sister and 1 stepsister. I love them and they make me nuts.  I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Options
    yellow1daisyyellow1daisy member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you?
    18w1d 
    Feeling pretty good! 18 weeks is when I really started to enjoy second tri the last time around and I think the same is happening again. Feeling a little bit of movement and the bump is just starting to make a little bit of an appearance (but not enough where people would ask lol).
    Not sure to be honest. I know if I have a RCS the recommendation is to stop at 3. Although maybe they would be ok with a number 4 if I wait a while. I'd have to ask my doctor. I always wanted 4 at least. 
    I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. I loved growing up in a big family. I just wish they were closer in age to me. The closest in age is 5 years older than me and the closest after that is 10 years older. I was a later on oopsie baby. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    How far along are you? 21+3

What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Heartburn and insomnia (if I don't take unisom). 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope

How many kids do you plan on having? Has it changed or stayed the same? We want 3, and this is our third, so we are done. 

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more/less? I have 1 younger brother. I wish I had more siblings as he and I don't speak and it would be nice to have more of my
    family around. 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    @ktewart Thanks for the heads up! I am withholding worry until the follow-up scan, but I have been hesitant to have sex even with the Dr's consent, which sucks. Fingers crossed for both of us!
  • Options
    mamadcbmamadcb member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 19w6d

I feel pretty good, and that's the same as last time! Starting to feel more movement (anterior placenta this time) which is nice. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope!

How many kids do you plan on having? Has it changed or stayed the same? 2. My DH is 51 (I'm 35) and he already has two grown kids from his previous marriage. It took a lot of talking and deliberating on his part to decide to have a vasectomy reversal on the understanding that we would have one. I agreed to that, because although I knew I would prefer more I knew it was a huge idea for him to even have one with me. But once our little Davey arrived I just couldn't imagine him not having a sibling and not getting to be a mom to another child. I just didn't know what I was agreeing to back then! Fortunately I have an amazing husband who was never mad at me for changing my mind, although he still did not want a second. We spent several months discussing it and went to counseling about it. Finally we agreed to ONE more (I'd have five if he were up for it!) and here we are :)

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more/less?  One older brother, one stepsister my age, and one younger stepbrother. I am thankful for all of them! I think if my mom hadn't remarried I would have wished I had more siblings, but with my stepsiblings it feels like the right number. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 18w4d

What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? No more symptoms, back to my old self finally. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nada 

How many kids do you plan on having? Has it changed or stayed the same? This will be # 2 in 2 years and I'm happy with that and so over being pregnant. My husband wants another one eventually, but that all depends on finances. We need to make sure we are stable enough to put 3 kids through college! 

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more/less? I have 3 sisters, we're best friends and wouldn't want it any other way! 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    20+5

I still have issues with excess saliva which I hate because I can't stay hydrated enough. If I have a busy day and don't get in all my water my legs start cramping up that night or the next morning. The saliva has minimized a lot though which used to keep me at home all the time. I can finally get out of the house now. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Just the above symptom

I have always wanted to have 4 and here we are on our fourth. This will be the last one for us. 

I have 1 brother and 3 sisters. I loved growing up in our big family. I'm close to all my siblings. I mostly talk with my two youngest sisters we love just hanging out and laughing. My brother and I are great when we see each other but he isn't big on keeping in touch. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 21+4

What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? None to speak of.  This pregnancy has been nearly identical to my last.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

How many kids do you plan on having? Has it changed or stayed the same? Plan on 3 (this is #2).  So far it's stayed the same but it will depend on when we feel ready for the third.  I don't want to rush before we are ready but I don't want to wait too long since I'm 33 now and always wanted to be done by 35.

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more/less? I have a half sister, 2 step brothers and a step sister.  I could do without all except one step-brother but I wish I had more siblings that I was close to.  Unfortunately most of them are not great people so I keep my distance.  
  • Options
    Interesting to see so many of us interested in having 3+ children! Wonder if that's a new trend or just the demographic of who posts here, or what.

How far along are you?

21+

Feeling pretty good! I was lucky last pregnancy, too. Got a GD warning at the anatomy scan and haven't craved sweets in 2 days, so maybe it was all in my head anyway.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

DH has a new career opportunity, and we are on top of the freaking world! I wish I could freeze time. We are in such a lucky period right now, and I don't want the goodness ever to end. 

How many kids do you plan on having? Has it changed or stayed the same

This is #2. We planned for 1-2. Now I want 3-4, and am working on DH to be open to at least one more. He seems maybe open to the idea, but wisely says let's see what happens with this one. 

I have an older brother. We are pretty close though not in constant contact. I'm really grateful for him - he's always there when I need him, and it's a relationship unlike any other in my life. A best friend can't replace him. It never crossed my mind to wish for anything different - it's not my choice, and is what it is. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 18 weeks

What symptoms are you having? How are you feeling? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? I am just so sick and nauseous all the time it's annoying. I don't remember it being this bad with my other two.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Just that I'm sick of feeling like crap and I wish the second tri energy would kick in so I could hang out and play with my kids more.

How many kids do you plan on having? Has it changed or stayed the same? 3, this baby will be our last. We wanted 4 but I don't think I can do this again.

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more/less? I have one older brother (by 23 months) and one younger (by 9 years) sister. I don't think I'd want to change it. My brother and I didn't get along when we were younger but now he's one of my closest friends, we went to college together and hung out all the time and he married my best friend. I have always been close with my little sister and it's been fun to be there for her as she goes through her preteen/teenage years but it's also been nice to not have to live with her during that time as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017