September 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In 2/22

If you are new this week... Welcome! Please introduce yourself. 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...)

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY:  What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? (Both now that you're pregnant, and before)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL Check In 2/22

• Options

How far along are you? 
    11w2d

Pretty good. But I had a "bad pregnancy day" yesterday after 2 weeks of good days (so I know I shouldn't complain). I just couldn't accomplish anything and decided to leave work 2 hours early yesterday and just collapsed on the couch at home. I was just drained. Then I got moody. Then I cried. And I was crying so hard that I threw up (which cured my moodiness). So far today I feel ok, though again with the zero energy. But now I have all of yesterday's work to make up. It's gonna be a long day.

NT scan on 3/3. I can't wait to see our baby looking like a baby (instead of a cornflake/whole uncooked chicken)

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I'm super happy I ordered an at home Doppler. Although it's still hit or miss right now, since our little zebra is so small.

Also, I don't drink very often (before pregnancy). Maybe two drinks over three weeks. But we went out to eat Saturday and Sunday and the people I was with all got a drink (a mojito and a margarita on Saturday, and Old Fashions on Sunday). And ALL I wanted was to chug them down. They smelled sooooo good. I'm still thinking longingly about them. 

GTKY:  What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? (Both now that you're pregnant, and before)
    eggs and homefries. Or a high quality bagel. Or fresh made from scratch waffles. Or all of the above.
  • Options

How far along are you? 10 weeks 

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) I had to quit my job and that was causing me a lot of stress and anxiety. So I feel a bit better 

When is your next appointment? Monday 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
     I'm ready for this baby to be here. I am having bad baby fever 

GTKY:  What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? (Both now that you're pregnant, and before) bacon!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9+3

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) good. I've been really tired, but other than that, not many symptoms. Nausea goes more than comes, which is nice.

When is your next appointment? 11+1

Rant/Rave/Questions?

unhealthy things like bacon, pastries, cream cheese and jam... I didn't eat these things OFTEN but they're my fav!

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    @cmar1006  So glad you got to see those babies! 
    @jmn1985  Those pancakes look amazing!! Sorry DH is going out of town... I would probably cry. I'm basically a cat at this point... I can kind of make it, but I really need someone to take care of me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 i love the cat reference! i totally am a cat right now that is running out of food/water and clean litter, I need DH to hurry the eff up and get home.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    10+2 

Pretty decent...broke out the Doppler today and pretty sure I found Jellybean. Heartbeat was far faster than mine (which I could hear on both sides)

Next Tuesday!! NT scan and genetics...

Rant/Rave/Questions?
     Rant: Just got back from my trip to see my dad and his fam in CO...they were underwhelmed at me being pregnant. Herummf. My sister is anti-kids which is fine but I could see how self-absorbed she and her hubs were...also kind of bummed me out that she sat there and planned not one but TWO trips to see my brother in Napa this year but hasn't tried to see me at all. Hadn't seen her since I was pregnant with DD (now 2.5). So that kind of rubbed me wrong. I get that they grew up together (my dad/stepmom have been together 40 years...so they're a tight unit. He was divorced from my mom when I was 1.5). Still hurts to be obviously on the outside though...funny...my stepmom rocks, love her, but dad/sis/bro we're kind of being pills lol
    Rave...it's like 85 here today in Houston and GORGEOUS! No humidity and my windows are open...love it!

Do mimosas count? lol Obviously those are out right now...I've been eating Noosa yogurts just to get my damn nasty pills down!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    For the new folks, I've had two losses: one at 12 weeks almost 8 years ago, and a chemical pregnancy this past May. We've been actively TTC for 4 years.

How far along are you? 
    11+3

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) Physically about the same. No decline in my symptoms, especially the nausea, and I'm just so tired of being tired and nauseated all the time. The other symptoms I can handle, but 6 weeks of constant nausea will wear on a person. Mentally, I've been doing well until the last few days. The closer I sneak to being the most pregnant I've ever been, the more it doesn't seem real that this baby could stick. I find myself waking up every morning expecting to find blood and it all to be over. I just really want to hit that 12 week mark, and then get to my next appointment quickly to see a healthy baby.

When is your next appointment? 3/6 for the NT scan and official "first" OB appointment. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I think it's cruel to make someone with losses wait until 13 weeks for the NT scan and first appointment. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to go longer than 4 weeks between ultrasounds. 

GTKY:  What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? (Both now that you're pregnant, and before) I'm trying to think of a breakfast food I don't love, and I'm drawing a blank. Stuffed french toast sounds particularly good right now, though. Mmmmm. While PG, I'be been eating a lot of rice krispies and fruit and yogurt for breakfast, and bagels with cream cheese at any time of day I can get my hands on them. 

• Options
    Not new but thought I might as well re-introduce... this is my second pregnancy (first child); I had a natural m/c at seven weeks back in September 2016. 

How far along are you? 
    10+5! But at my appointment yesterday the u/s indicated the baby was measuring at 11 weeks with an updated EDD of 9/11. But I'm going to stick with my old EDD of 9/15 for now. 

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) So much better since I saw the little nugget flailing around on the ultrasound yesterday and listened to a "strong" heartbeat (according to the doc). I will have another u/s next Monday as well since I am considering switching OBs and have an appointment with a different one. Then I'll have an NT scan that week or the week after. So glad for these chances to ease PGAL brain, though also hoping that so many ultrasounds isn't actually bad for anything. 

Physically, I thought morning sickness was headed out until it came back with a vengeance today. Meh. 

When is your next appointment? See above. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rave: told my parents for the first time last night and my mom started crying (first grandchild for them).  We'll tell my husband's family in a week or two; my sister-in-law just announced that she is due over the summer (already has one kid) so I don't think it'll be quite as dramatic a response!

Not really a question, but I will say that I'm not so enamored of the photo from my ultrasound... baby looks a little like a bug stuck on its back with its arms/legs sticking up... Later month/higher resolution ultrasounds might be a different story. 

GTKY:  What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? (Both now that you're pregnant, and before) Uh, everything? I hate that I have to pick at brunch between sweet and savory. I would like french toast AND eggs AND sausage, thanks. Or blueberry muffins. Or pancakes. And a mimosa or three. 

@Texafornian I LOVE noosa yogurts. LOVE. I've been dutifully trying to switch to no-sugar plain yogurt but my mouth started watering when I read your post. Sigh. Same for your photo @jmn1985. I literally just finished lunch and could still demolish a plate of pancakes now. 
  • Options
    LaceyC1020LaceyC1020 member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 

11+4

Much better after having the ultrasound yesterday. Spotting is tapering off so I'm happy about that! 

Next Tuesday I have a doppler appointment. I scheduled a just for fun scan on March 8th, but I don't see my OB again until 3/22! She said they don't really do the NT scan much anymore. I had the Harmony blood test so if anything comes back abnormal with that, I'll be calling for a scan. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Anybody else's OB not doing the NT scan? I had an ultrasound with them at 10+4 and they said everything looks good as far as measurements go.

I'm not a big breakfast person but I do like waffles and pancakes. Lately I've been eating oatmeal with fruit and peanut butter and banana sandwiches. 
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    @LaceyC1020 My Dr doesn't do the NT scan either. She said if I chose to do the genetic blood work and something came back high risk, she would order an additional ultrasound then. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 OK that makes me feel better. I can't wait to get our results back. Should be any day now!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    not new but just for an update

How far along are you? 

12 weeks

physically i'm doing well.. mentally i'm exhausted and just tired of all the anxiety

NT Scan tomorrow 02/23... it's the first ultrasound DH won't be able to make it to :(

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    type 2 diabetic, i was put on insulin as soon as they found out i was pregnant and i'm constantly chasing my blood sugars down... it's so frustrating.. my insulin to carb ratio seems to change on a daily basis.... it's just easier for me to eat low carb but my high risk nutritionist does not like that.... just frustrated 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    @amandarene112 is it your insurance or the doctor's preference that is making you wait so long? if it is the doctors I would try to find a new one, that is just ridiculous to have to wait that long for your 1st appointment especially after previous losses. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 8w6d

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) mentally not too bad. Counting down to my next apt on Monday. Physically...nauseous, starving, exhausted and feel like crap lol.

When is your next appointment? Monday

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY:  What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? (Both now that you're pregnant, and before) Cereal!!! And eggs bacon toast. Mmmm making me hungry lol.
    Nice meeting u all!!
  • Options
    @lahearn18 It's the doctor's office. To be fair, they've already seen me four times just to get a good first ultrasound, dealing with my betas, checking on some bleeding, etc. And honestly, I love my doctor/midwife team, and we're moving in a few months anyway, so these won't be the people I deliver with. It just doesn't feel worth the effort of vetting a new doctor here and where we're moving at the same time, especially when I know they'll always squeeze me in if I really need it. 

• Options
    @HollyGolightly09 I had that metal taste too and a salt water rinse did help a little. It has gone away but in exchange my nausea worsened. 
  • Options
    Just to reintroduce myself. I have had two losses one at 8wks last march and ectopic in June. 

How far along?  9w2d longest I have ever made it. 

How are you doing? had my appointment and an ultrasound about two hours ago so I am doing great. Was an anxious mess before that. 

Next Appointment:  march 8. Last appointment and ultrasound with my re. When I get released to my ob and will see them about a week later. 

Rant/Rave/Questions: I am so tired all the time. I need a nap. 

GTKY: I love French toast. 

Fyi I am mobile so I can't control the bold text. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    10+6

Mentally I'm okay. Kind of freaking out about my next ultrasound because PGAL brain. Physically I'm getting over a cold so I could be better. My nausea has eased though and I'm slowly getting my appetite back.

Next Friday (it cannot come soon enough!)

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Random rant: Work has been so slow lately, it makes me not like going and I actually enjoy my job. If I didn't have to take a couple of days off next week already, I would've taken tomorrow and Friday off because there is pretty much nothing to do. Ugh.

Before, French toast, sausage, and eggs (scrambled or sunny side up) if I was feeling fancy. A bagel and cream cheese if I was being lazy. Now, smores Poptarts or a bagel.  :D I can't bring myself to eat most breakfast foods anymore. 

Also random but hi again ladies!! I haven't been around much the past few days because I've been so sick and exhausted, I haven't even wanted to bother with Facebook, TB, etc. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    12w

physically-exhausted still, nausea was awful last week ended up going on diclegis 
    mentally- super nervous for my appt tomorrow 

tomorrow is my appt with MFM for cell free DNA testing. Really hoping ultrasound looks good. I was supposed to get a call back from the billing company (I guess?) to tell me if insurance will cover/ what it will cost. Never heard from them though, so hopefully it's covered!

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    H finally picked up the slack this weekend after I flipped out on him so it was nice being able to rest 

I love all breakfast food. Love breakfast sandwiches and home fries. Bagels are one of my favs too, with butter, cream cheese, or peanut butter...I love it all. Also love over easy/medium eggs and dipping my toast in the yolk. pork roll is my favorite breakfast meat (I'm from the philly/jersey area). I just love food. My normal breakfast before PG was a peanut butter/spinach/banana smoothie or toast and peanut butter. Now it's usually either a bagel with cream cheese or toast with peanut butter and fruit. 
  • Options
    @sableeg congrats on a girl. I agree with you about being excited for my energy to come back. 
  • Options
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    @sableeg That's REALLY early for the doctor to have confidence in the sex. It'll be interesting to see if your MFM is correct. There must be at least a 49.5% chance. 

Not new but a little reintro: This is my 5th pregnancy. I have lost 4 (3 pregnancies including twins) and have a DS. 

How far along: 12 even

How are you doing? I'm okay. Still have major PGAL brain but I'm working on accepting that and as long as the baby is healthy, all will be okay. I have been dealing with low BP but overall I'm okay physically too.

When is your next appointment? Monday with both MFM and OB.

R/R/Q: Our NT scan went well on Thursday. Now I am waiting on the cfDNA and it is a very slow two weeks. 

GTKY: Pancakes but only if they are from scratch with real maple syrup. Otherwise toasted bagel with chive cheese. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    12 weeks 

mentally I'm a roller coaster, but still really upbeat from my last appt. Physically stared getting headaches this week and exhausted keeping up with everything. My bed is my best friend right now.

March 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

before cherry Pepsi, now I eat oatmeal with my cherry Pepsi  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621 sending you positive vibes this morning!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?  12 weeks, 4 days. 

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) Much better. Still pretty anxious, but after my 12 week appointment yesterday, I'm feeling more calm. 

When is your next appointment?  We go back on 3/22 for 16 week check up and our gender scan! I had my 12 week appointment yesterday. I have a tilted uterus, so we weren't expecting to be able to hear the HB with the doppler - I figured we'd have to have an ultrasound like we did with my daughter at 12 weeks. But amazingly...the nurse found it pretty easily with the doppler! Beating strong at 172. I was so grateful. I had such anxiety for this appointment. My first pregnancy, the 12 week appointment is where we found out we had a MMC after checking for HB with doppler, abdominal U/S and finally transvaginal U/S. My next pregnancy with my daughter, because of my tilted uterus, they couldn't find her with the doppler. Took me for abdominal U/S...still nothing. Finally found her with transvaginal. But it was the most anxious 10 minutes of my life. While I was honestly kinda bummed I didn't get to see baby yesterday, I was grateful to not have to go through the anxiety of waiting for U/S. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm just ready to reach the point where I can feel baby moving. I feel like I'm going to still be on edge up until then. Also -- even though it's February, we're having such weird, spring-like weather in KY. It makes getting dressed in the morning so difficult. Not to mention, I'm def not at the point where I need to bust out all my maternity clothes yet, but I am bloated and uncomfortable, so getting dressed is a challenge anyway. I did break out my Bella band this morning though, just because it's soooo much more comfortable! 

GTKY:  What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? (Both now that you're pregnant, and before) I've always been a terrible breakfast eater, especially during the week. But my favorite breakfast foods are usually bacon, croissants and cinnamon rolls (not all together lol). On weekdays, my breakfast is usually a yogurt that I stuff in my purse and eat at the office, or maybe some toast.
  • Options
    If you are new this week... Welcome! Please introduce yourself. 
    Not new, but I'll introduce anyway. I have a DD who is almost 11 months. I had a ruptured ectopic March 31, 2015. She was born April 3, 2016.

How far along are you? 
    10+4

Exhausted, but generally MUCH better than last time. I am pretty much always tired and have limited nausea. H has 12 weeks of paternity leave that he can use in the first year and it happened to fall right when I got pregnant again. So it has been useful to have him here for the poopy diapers- those seem to be real triggers for me right now. 

March 6, for the NT scan

runny, poached eggs- which I still eat, even pregnant. I also love blueberry pancakes.
  • Options
    I'm on pins and needles waiting for pictures of your healthy baby, @harleyquinn0621 :)
  • Options
    Yall, I set up my 12wk appointment weeks ago, and there was nothing on my work calendar for that day. Now, now there's a seminar that I am responsible for setting up scheduled on that day during my appointment time. How the eff did this happen? Thanks bossman...now to call my OB to see if there is a later appointment, Oy Vey!
  • Options
    Awesome news @harleyquinn0621!!

Side note and unrelated to your fab news lol...I finally barfed! 10+3 today and only had mild wooziness but was never sick thankfully...until this morning. I just had a spoonful of Rice Chex that tasted like ASS... realized milk had expired and when I smelled the container I lost it in the kitchen sink. Soooo yucky!!!

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17