July 2017 Moms

PUPPP rash?

I apologize ahead of time if this belongs somewhere else.

About 2 weeks ago I noticed the skin on my stomach was extremely dry. Literally flaking off of me. Then, parts were rash like- red, risen, itchy. I brushed it off as just dry skin. But now, for the past 2 days it's like rash all over belly and boobs. Very itchy! 

Next check up is March 14th. Anyone else have this? I did oatmeal bath, applying lotion. I read that PUPPP rash was more common in late pregnancy, first pregnancies, multiples.... I'm 17.5 weeks, not my first pregnancy. 

Re: PUPPP rash?

• You should probably call your doctor. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Yes call your doctor but honestly I see no problem asking for opinions / experiences either. Doctors don't know everything!

www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/amp32593/online-search-helped-my-daughters/
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the PUPPP rash last pregnancy  (twins) and for your sake hope that is not what you have this early on. Nothing helped, cortisone cream gave some relief  but it was always itchy. If your OB doesn't know I would go to a dermatologist.
  • @munchkinsmama Thank you. I plan on calling my OB office tomorrow. From what I've read it sounds like misery. I pray I don't have it, but it seems like I may. I'll definitely go to my dermatologist if I need to as well. 

• I had PUPPS with my first son and yes usually it's later in pregnancy but I got it around 31w.. i really hope you don't have PUPPS because it truely is so uncomfortably itchy and spreads everywhere. I definitely would consult your doctor. But for relief now, the 2 things that helped me was Sarna anti-itch lotion (sensitive or regular) and showering with Grandpas pine tar soap, it smells like burning wood buttt it really did help! I hope the best to you, and hope it's just a mild rash caused by something else. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. 
  • Agree with all PP, definitely call. In the meantime have you tried cortisone lotion? Benadryl? Benadryl can make you very sleepy but it's safe for pregnancy. At least something to relieve the itch. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I had it with my first, very badly... but it didn't start until after 30 weeks. Has your belly grown a lot already? It might be an allergy to soap, lotion, detergent - even something you weren't allergic to before can cause rashes in pregnancy. I hope it's not PUPPPS but if it is, be assured it's harmless to baby, you can't "give" it to baby once they are here, and grandpas pine tar soap helps a little. So do frozen washcloths.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you guys so much for the advice and suggestions. I have an appointment at 1:30 today I will update when I find out what they say. 
  • Good luck! @ankanyo
    iv been gettting itchy spots aswell but it's almost always only when I use this "organic" moisturizer and gloss gel.
  • I have tinea versicolor on my skin that since getting pregnant has progressed to being extremely dry to the point of flaking. Coconut oil put on daily helps a lot. Im not saying thats what you have, but its an option. And the coconut oil should help regardless of what it is 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Lurking from May.  I had PUPPS with my last pregnancy as well. I actually started getting a similar rash around 20 weeks this time.  Doc said way too early for PUPPS and that It was prob just stress and after a day or 2 of rest it was gone.  PUPPS will show up in the 3rd tri and be extremely itchy starting on stomach and spreading out. Looks like huge hives as well.  I have to agree with others its the worse because other than cortisone cream there really is nothing that can be done.  Luckily unlike colistasis(sp?) PUPPS is not harmful to the baby just annoying AF to the mom...
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh I feel for you, I really hope that's not what it is this early. I had PUPPS with my son, it started around 33-34 weeks. I was miserable until I gave birth at 39 weeks. The ONLY relief I found was a steroid cream and heavy doses of Benadryl. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • I'm just now seeing this. Glad it's not PuPP rash. I know a few people that had allergic reactions to things they use everyday after becoming pregnant. Pregnancy does wierd shit to your body, hope you get some relief soon.
  • @ankanyo what have you been doing for your rash? Did they give you anything? The doc said the same to me and now I'm not even able to wear clothes, I have to apply coconut oil every other hour, even walking too fast and air is stinging. I'm in tears while sleeping. It got this bad 24 hours ago. 
  • BusyZee said: 
    @ankanyo what have you been doing for your rash? Did they give you anything? The doc said the same to me and now I'm not even able to wear clothes, I have to apply coconut oil every other hour, even walking too fast and air is stinging. I'm in tears while sleeping. It got this bad 24 hours ago. 
    I'd definitely go to your doctor to get it checked out. A friend had PUPPP really bad during her pregnancy with her son almost two years ago and she was miserable. She had to take multiple oatmeal baths a day and lather up with the lotion because nothing much else helped.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017