October 2017 Moms
Options

Less symptoms with 2nd pregnancy?

For those of you on round 2, are you feeling less symptoms this time around? My DD is 13 months, and i'm wondering if i'm not feeling much because I did this not long ago and my body remembers (stopped nursing a few months ago), or if each pregnancy is just different? She was also easy on me and had a stellar pregnancy, but I can't help but feel worried right now. Not much bloating or anything, just some fatigue and nausea that comes and goes - otherwise I feel pretty fine. My OB appt isn't for another 2 weeks :( i'm 6+4 today.

Re: Less symptoms with 2nd pregnancy?

• Options
    I have the same pattern you're experiencing during this pregnancy. Last time, I had extreme morning sickness, bloating, and overall felt horrible from 5 weeks through 32 weeks. I couldn't even ride in a car without getting sick. Now, all I have is nausea that comes and goes. 
  • Options
    Each pregnancy is different.  I for one am not experiencing anything like I did with my first.  Check out our Symptoms thread each week.  There are several of us STMs+ talking about our lack of symptoms. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have way more symptoms and way earlier. But I know every pregnancy can be totally different, so I wouldn't feel nervous! Some women just have easy pregnancies!! 
  • Options
    Same here. 1St pregnancy was horrible until the last trimester. I had extreme nausea and couldn't work because of it. This time around I'm having very mild nausea but I'm terribly exhausted. I can't stay up for 8 hours without nodding off.
  • Options
    Same here, I'm only about 5 weeks but nothing really except bloat. If I'm remembering correctly most of my symptoms didn't start until the 7-8 week mark though.  Trying to enjoy it while I can and try not to worry.  I'll feel better after my ultra sound on the 17th. Forever away it seems!!
  • Options
    I was just telling my husband this. With my first pregnancy, I had fatigue and nausea right away (around 5 weeks) and I experienced really bad breakouts.  With this one, I've been a little tired (but I'm also taking care of an 18 month old) but nothing extreme.  I'm a worry wart, and I just want to get my first ultrasound asap! 
  • Options
    I am 8 weeks today and the only symptom I have really experienced so far is nausea pretty much around the clock. No bloating, fatigue and my breasts haven't changed a bit. I guess I can't complain so far!
  • Options
    Me too! First pregnancy I had HG for 4 months and I've been terrified to go through that again. But so far, no vomiting, only mild nausea that seems related to bad smells. Today I actually feel bloated, which I think is normal, but I don't remember from first pregnancy.
  • Options
    Its been 6 years since I have been pregnant. Thought my body forgot and would give me al the symptoms. Not the case. I have sore nipples to the touch ( but only noticing It when I get changed or press them to make sure they are still sore) , decreased appetite but no real nausea. I was really sick with both my girls. Maybe this ones a boy ?!? There I got BSC old wives tale hunting again. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    I'm chalking it up to every pregnancy is different.  My first wasn't terrible but was probably average.  Some nausea and tiredness (It was a girl).  2nd i had no symptoms.  0 morning sickness.  It was a breeze.  (It was a boy).  This one has been a little worse than my 1st.  I'm tired.  I have nausea.  It's not terrible.  I still haven't thrown up, I just don't feel well.  I'm always tired.  I'm also 5 years older.  So....maybe it's a girl combines with being older i'm taking it harder?  I think it just varies.  

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    1st was so easy (other than food poisoning one day early on)...got dizzy once before BFP and got one horrible bring me to fetal position in tears migraine. I had some high BP and swelling of feet, worst of all was the charlie horse cramps in legs. This time...peeing often sooner, tired as all get out, and dry heaving non stop. Sense of smell perked up early too. Can't say it will stay this easy but I'll hope for it!
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Options
    @grkgdss00 I wish that was true!! My first pregnancy was so easy!! I was just tired with sore boobs. This time around I'm nauseous. ALL. THE. TIME!

Im dizzy, shaky, exhausted (like falling asleep on my desk tired), and I still get the joy of these sore boobs. I'm begging for relief at any time!

Every pregnancy is definitely different, I hope yours stays easy! 

Also, is your first a January baby? Mine is also 13ish mos, She was a January baby! :)
  • Options
    I take it all back ladies... I'm a lying, lying, jerk.
    @Myelhsa yes, my girl was born 1/5! Love to see another January 15 mom here. Sending you all the easy vibes.
  • Options
    Definitely more symptoms for me this time around. Nausea is almost constant and I didn't have too much with DD. I *think* I have more fatigue this go around, but it could definitely be from trying to keep up with a 3 1/2 year old this time lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I literally have zero symptoms. I forget I'm pregnant all day and then get on this app at night to remind myself. I had a fairly easy pregnancy with my first, but this is too good to be true right now. And like you said, worrisome!! Hopefully I don't regret saying this in a week!
  • Options
    I've had some food aversions but no nausea this time around. 9 weeks 2 days now! Anyone else this far without nausea?? Reassure me!
  • Options
    I'm experiencing the same thing with my second pregnancy.  I have fatigue and some morning sickness but if I eat it usually goes away. I've felt pretty normal. Maybe because of the first lid we're just used to be exhausted all the time? I don't know but I'm thankful! 
  • Options
    @AlexandriaNewton I am right there with you. Nine weeks, two days and no real nausea to speak of. Often forget I'm pregnant, chasing my 17 month old all day. But I saw a baby and a strong heart rate last week so I guess it's true. :)
  • Options
    Just over 7 weeks and have almost zippo symptoms compared to last time.  My dd is just turning 1.. and with her I had extreme extreme morning sickness.. like vomiting around the clock.. but this time all I have is a bit of an upset tummy until I eat something in the morning and some sore nipples.  My breasts aren't really even heavy or sore with this one.  
  • Options
    I feel like I've been having less symptoms this time too, at least until I'm in the car, and then I definitely need to put my seabands on. Made the mistake of not putting them on and going for a 20 minute ride with my sister last week and thought I was going to get sick, but still didn't. RL pain though I've already been getting, I don't really remember it from my first, so I couldn't figure out what it was but I think that's what it is now after WebMDing it. LOL. I know I'm supposed to stay away, but it was concerning me and at least that's easing my mind. Other than that I feel pretty normal and that in itself makes me worried too. LOL.
  • Options
    Oh thank you so much @nouston!! That really helps me. Love that you just saw the heartbeat too!  <3
  • Options
    My symptoms are almost exactly like my first pregnancy.  Painful nipples, weird smells, and digestion issues right off the bat and nausea that started almost exactly at 7 weeks.  So far, this is feeling very familiar.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My nausea and vomiting is worse this pregnancy. But I haven't had any heartburn! I had heartburn from 4 days after conception until I delivered at 41 weeks. It's how I knew I was pregnant with DS. This time, none!