October 2017 Moms
Options

3rd Time Mommas- Anyone else FREAKING OUT??

I am freaking out over here! This is baby #3- my 2nd is not even 2 yrs old yet (2 at the end of May). And he still wakes up in the middle of the night for a sippy of milk. Every night I am waking up I keep getting hit with that reality of going back to the dark days of waking up all night long and starting over with diapers. I just feel like I was so close to the diaper finish line! :s Anyone else panicking about "starting over"? I did read something about "third baby syndrome"... not sure if this is a common feeling or if I'm being realistic about my situation and have legit reasons to be stressing.

Re: 3rd Time Mommas- Anyone else FREAKING OUT??

• Options
    I just found out about #3 today and I am totally panicking. This is a suprise baby for us. Our oldest turns 3 in April, our baby turns 1 in May, and my edd is Oct 19th
    May siggy challenge - Parenting Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Katie122491 oh my gosh that's close for all of them. I feel for you! Well if its any relief... I found out last Monday and literally said the F word for 2 days straight... and as a few days have gone by I am feeling a little better... Pinning things on pinterest has helped distract me. Have you told your SO yet??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have and he is frustratingly calm lol i'm panicking and trying to figure out how this is going to work and he's not bothered at all. He just keeps telling me that we'll take it a day at a time and keep on going. He's right, but ugh
    May siggy challenge - Parenting Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Katie122491 lol I totally understand. I knew mine would be super happy cause he wants 2 more (he's insane) so even though I was freaking out.. I decided I needed to make it special when I told him so I got V-day Balloons and a card and put the test in the box. He was so excited he cried. We talked about my feelings the next day and he was super supportive and agreed with all my concerns. Which I guess also helped sway me the other way. I started balling my eyes out and he could see how much this is weighing on me.. so he said lets put those feelings on hold and head out to home depot to pick out décor and paint for our new store we are opening up. Lol, I perked up and said okay! It was the perfect distraction I needed. I haven't cried about it since. Still stressing and concerned but I at least stopped saying F*** every 5 minutes. :D
  • Options
    I am on #3 but my older two are older ( 6.5 and 9.5). I'm only nervous to "start over" with items etc. but not nervous to start over with a newborn. I am beyond excited. We have been TTC. I am a little nervous how to manage my girls dance schedule but their team and my fellow dance moms are super supportive and I'd be the 3rd mom on the team to have a baby while their kid(s) competed. It's a giant family and I'm blessed that everyone will be eager to help. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    I'm more like the last momma - my boys are 5 & 9 (will be 6 & 10 when #3 arrives). They are from previous marriage and this one was planned but happened a lot quicker than I expected. I thought it would take longer to conceive since there was a big gap and my age and since I was on bc since I had the last one. Very excited and nervous.  Good luck to you all. 
  • Options
    Yes!!! This was a surprise for us and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all! My oldest just turned 8 and my youngest turns 3 in May. I know it's going to be a crazy journey. I'm also right smack in the middle of potty training too  :# so for me it's like just when I thought I'd be diaper free... BAM
  • Options
    Cudos to all you mamas! I feel like everyone stops at two so I love hearing about women having three kids. It's so exciting.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! I'm on #3 too!! Totally excited but mine are close as well. (3 in April and 14 months). I'm more just feeling like it'll be crazy that hubs and I are outnumbered now and how crazy it'll be having 3 in car seats.  :#<3
  • Options
    Number 3 for me too! First 2 are 22months apart and this one there will be a 4 year age gap. My 4 year old still doesn't really sleep through the night so that will be interesting to adapt to. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This will be number 6 for me, but my oldest is 20 the other 4 are 8,7,2 and 1.
    Is it chaos, yes haha but we pull together as a family and get everything done.  This will be my last my hubby got a vasectomy about 2 weeks ago
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cut off the other half of my reply lol
    My goal is to have the 2 year old potty trained before baby comes, wish me luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is my 3rd as well. Huge age gaps in my kids which is almost like having an only "baby" for a long time. My oldest is 15/freshman, my little guy just turned 9/3rdgrade. I am 40 so this is a planned "advance maternal age/ aka ELDERLY pregnancy LOL
  • Options
    We are expecting number 3 as well. Our first will be 4 next month and our second is 19 months. It just happened to work out that our kids are fairly evenly spaced apart  (first two are 28 months apart, and the next gap will be 27 months).  Originally we planned to wait a little longer for the third, but I got a case of baby fever, didn't want to wait any longer, and my husband was all for it so here we are!
  • Options
    3rd for me too! I'm a little nervous for the all night wakings and diapers, but excited too. My boys are 6 and 3, there will be the exact same age gap between 1-2 and between 2-3. I'm actually really relieved that we JUST got my younger son potty trained almost a moth ago. I was dreading that he wouldn't be potty trained by the time the baby was born and it would be THAT much harder to get it done. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    mamabear148-2mamabear148-2 member
    edited February 2017
    #3 for us too! 
    Our youngest starts preschool this summer and just when I thought freedom was mine... nope! Another little to keep me company every day, lol. 
    It was a complete surprise but now that I've had time to assimilate the news, I think it's perfect timing. My 3 will be close in age (5 and almost 3 when baby is born). 
    Now to get my butt in gear to meet some business goals before baby is born so our financial concerns disappear! 
  • Options
    mamabear148-2mamabear148-2 member
    edited February 2017
    (duplicate post, disregard pls)
  • Options
    Haha I was so chill when I was pregnant with my third, I think because we'd had such a crazy time with my son that I couldn't imagine things being crazier. Plus I liked the middle of the night feeding because it was the only time I got to bond with her one on one. Don't get me wrong, I love my sleep haha, but I sleep worse when pregnant and really loved the quiet time with her. I'm pregnant with my fourth now and hope I'm not insane haha
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    @CTNURSE I'm 40 too haha I got to hear all about that the other day, but whatever I'll get extra scans
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MamaBear148 ya i know what you mean about feeling almost done. Thats kind of how im feeling. My first boy was so easy and my second has been the exact opposite. So ive been looking forward to reaching milestones with him because as hes getting older and able to communicate a little better and understand... hes getting easier. So to me I was like... 6mos away from getting out of diapers and hes all independent, and i was looking forward to having myself back. Now i feel like i got kicked off a mountain and have to start climbimg again even though im exhausted! 
  • Options
    YES!  My oldest is four and my youngest is a year and a half.  I'm so excited but really nervous for a third baby. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! Still freaking out a bit...My first 2 were 14 months apart so I felt like I didn't get to really enjoy the 2nd one being a baby it was all just insanity. But this time around my girls are 3 and 4 and I think they'll be thrilled, but it's definitely going to be insane because of grad school and the kids activities and preschool. It was definitely unexpected and not amazing timing but I'm getting excited. It's also kind of calming to know the decision has been made because I had been back and forth about a 3rd for awhile now. Now I just hope he or she doesn't feel left out because my girls are so close! 

• Options
    4th time momma and I am definitely freaking out. 5 if you count my SO''s son. My first 2 were 19 months apart and they're 9 and 10 now. My youngest will be 2 at the end of July and my step son is 6 and with us almost full time. I LOVE children but I am scared. I thought my son would be the last and I had made peace with that. Then the nausea hit and I got my BFP.
  • Options
    I am freaking out too a little with #3!!!  We have talked about and planned to have #3 but since it happened so fast and its really happening I think I am a little freaked out.  I think it is more of being outnumbered.  I am not really sure why I am so freaked out about it.  I go to the Doctor tomorrow i will be 7w6d.  I am just freaking out because I have a 2 year old and 4 year old, we are finally at the point where its easy to get in the car and go places almost no diapers and so on. It will be an adjustment like everything is but I just hope it doesn't change my kids routine too much.  I need my sleep but as long as my older two stay as normal as possible I will work through it ..

Anniversary

• Options
    Well this isn't #3 but it is #4 so can I post?lol.

Our age gaps will be 4 years, 21 months and 24 months (we'll have an almost 8 year old, 3 1/2 year old, and 2 year old). 

I've told multiple people that we we're talking about #3 being our last and have not been shy about how much #3vhas stretched me to my limits....so yeah....having to eat my words now. 

I was freaking out initially and still get legitimate mad when DH laughs at how awful I feel. But I'm reading a book call Dream Birth and today I decided to visualize my little pea-sized baby and I talked to her. I told her I love her. That's she's wanted. That I want her to keep growing string and healthy. It was the most peaceful I've felt about this pregnancy and reminded me that although this will likely be quite the challenge it will also be a blessing.

That being said I'm making sure DH schedules his vasectomy for right after the baby's birth. :)

It is crazy but it's also wonderful. Your capacity for...everything...will grow but don't feel bad if you feel like you need to lean on others a lot more than you have in the past. Its normal and healthy. 

• Options
    @rockinro_17 LOVE THIS! I am feeling much better about everything. I've even been looking more ways to make it easier going out and about with 3. Just trying to find ways to MAKE it work!
  • Options
    My 3rd too. 1st baby with dh. Between two of us we will have 4, ages 9, 8, 6, +baby. It will be interesting!