Pregnant after a Loss

Weekend recap! 2/20

what did you all do? How's the weather by you?

Re: Weekend recap! 2/20

• This weekend was beautiful in Michigan! We took advantage by walking to the downtown area of our Detroit suburb for dinner Saturday night and then spending some time playing outside with my niece and nephew on Sunday after taking a long walk. It was great. I HATE the gym, would much rather walk/run outside so my exercise so far this pregnancy had been minimal. 

I am also way too proud of DH and I for finally deciding on and buying new living room furniture! We have been hemming and hawing for over a year between huge sectional, smaller sectional, couch, rocker recliner combos. With a little one on the way, we went with maximal flexibility and got a couch and rocker/recliner, both lazy boy. Won't get them for 6-8 weeks but it's a load off having pulled the trigger. Can now focus on the nursery/registry. 
  • @cpr79 sounds like a super nice weekend!! Congrats on the new furniture! That's a big deal!  Lazy-boy furniture is so nice too.
    My husband is originally from Harrison Twp, is that close you?
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds so nice @cpr79

My weekend was awesome too. 70s and sunny all weekend which was perfect for my first baby shower! I loved it. We got so many cute things for this child. Got to see my mom and some very close friends who don't live near. I also got a beautiful hand made quilt from a friend who knew my nursery colors and theme and made it absolutely perfect. I was blown away. 

DH also got the ceiling painted in the nursery! Still have the walls and trim but it's a step forward! 
  • @hgrich so glad you had, what sounds like a wonderful first baby shower! 
  • My weekend was nice too. Saturday we celebrated my daughters 3rd birthday with a dinosaur themed party and she had a blast. Originally, we were going to have it at a park, but it rained so we moved it to our house. Doesn't matter cause it turned out great. 
    Sunday was spent relaxing as much as we could. 

• @Bok Bagok I absolutely love that your daughter had a dinosaur themed party!
    @CPR79 lazy boys are so comfortable! Congrats on pulling the trigger! I hope you love it all when it arrives :)
    @HGRich I'm happy to hear you had a great shower! 

This weekend DH and I finally did our 2 part childbirth series class. I was a little annoyed that it was so late (I gave the hospital my due date and they assigned us to a class) but all in all the class was highly informative and covered labor and delivery, a tour of the hospital, basic infant care and infant CPR. 

Real question... Can nesting be a thing for DHs as well? Because every since we finished the class (plus a hospital stay for me last week due to possible pre-E) DH has been a whirlwind of activity... deep cleaning the entire house, changing the oil and cleaning all the cars, putting finishing touches on the nursery... It's freaking amazing but so very very sudden and kind of out of character for him...
  • The weather was GORGEOUS here in Iowa this past weekend - it's such a tease since this weekend it's going to snow. We had a great weekend both in and outside and we registered! So happy to have that checked off the list!

*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @Bok Bagok Harrison township is about half an hour northeast of us, so not too far!