August 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in, Week of February 20

This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

I think we can kind of skip the intros by now, but do so I feel you'd like!

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

GTKY: What, if anything, have you purchased for baby so far?
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: PGAL Check-in, Week of February 20

• Options
    This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

How far along are you? 
    17 weeks tomorrow
    How are you doing? 
    Good. I seem to be having slightly less nausea, so that's a blessing. 
    Tomorrow with the MFM. I'm so anxious. Praying this hematoma has shrunk!
    I'm starting to hate my body with the weight gain. I struggle with this during every pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15 weeks

How are you doing? Good. Better than last week but still very exhausted every day. 

When is your next appointment? One week from today!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I told DH that I'm annoyed that so many maternity clothes hug the bump rather than being flowy. And he said that he wants me to show off my bump and I had to remind him that we haven't even told everyone yet (especially my coworkers) so for now, I'll stick with loose clothing. It's adorable how much he loves the little bump but I'm a little embarrassed how large it is for being a FTM. 

GTKY: What, if anything, have you purchased for baby so far? I said nothing in another thread but I remembered that we bought little Lord of the Rings cartoon prints for the nursery since we're doing LOTR theme. 

@a2003tiger sorry that you're having a tough time with the weight gain but try to remind yourself that it'll be worth it for the baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @a2003tiger positive vibes for your appt tmrw!

@mokay19 I hear you on the maternity clothes. We haven't told anyone yet but I so desperately want to wear what maternity clothes I have bc my work clothes (esp my pants) are juuuust not buttoning. Hopefully you're telling people soon so you can feel comfier!

AFM:
    How far along are you? 13 weeks

How are you doing? nausea is lessening and I don't have to eat every two hrs so I'll take that as a plus!

When is your next appointment? Not until March 3rd

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I wrote about this in my Monday ticker change, but I had caffeine on saturday for the first time in 13 weeks and the effects were like nothing I've ever had before. I was still shaking at 2pm when I had it at 9am. I think I'm gonna steer clear for the rest of my pregnancy unless I get another migraine!

Also, I found out that I'm still waiting to hear on 4/5 of the microdeletions from the Panorama extended panel results (when I thought I had everything resulted already) so I'm still a little anxious. 

GTKY: What, if anything, have you purchased for baby so far? Nothing yet. I don't want to get anything until after our milestone loss at 17 wks just for peace of mind. Lots of online window shopping, though!
  • Options
    @szwill86  I hope you get your test results soon!
    @mokay19 it is so cute your H wants you to show off your bump!
    @a2003tiger  I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and the hematoma has shrunk!   I am sorry you are struggling with pregnancy weight gain.  I had definitely had some moments where I have been frustrated with the amount of weight I have gained, especially when I was stupid and plugged it into a pregnancy weight gain calculator.  I will not be doing that again.  And the worst part is, that it can go both ways.  You can either be frustrated you have gained too little or too much.  

How far along are you? 
    13+6

How are you doing?  I have been worried that something has happened to the baby a lot in the past week.  Logically, I know this is probably not the case, I can't seem to completely shake the feeling though.  

When is your next appointment?  3/15

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  I feel like crap, nauseated and have a headache.    I am hoping this passes at some point during this pregnancy.  

I am also frustrated with DD 2 and her fear of pooping on the toilet.  She has pooped her pants 3 times in the past week.  She is really good at peeing on it.  I know it will pass and she will get it, but it doesn't make it less frustrating right now.  

My rave is that the weather was gorgeous last weekend and I got out for two runs.  I was slower than slow, but I was proud of myself for getting out there and doing it!

I bought two coming home outfits, one of each since we are team green.  They had a sale at Kohl's and I decided to indulge. 
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 
    13 weeks 5 days
    How are you doing? 
    I feel like I have fewer symptoms this week other than crazy bad skin so that kinda freaks me out. We've been telling a lot of people now so it feels like the emotional stakes are much higher now 
    Not until next Friday. I may have DH check with the Doppler tonight. But sometimes we can't find the hb so that makes it worse 
    Work has been really stressful lately, my DH is sick coughing constantly, and DD just came down with strep! Serious case of the Monday's here. 
    Nothing so far but our friends dropped off a huge bin of nb/3 mo/3-6 mo boy clothes. I'll probably wait til after the a/s like I did with DD to get anything else 

• Options
    Hi, I'm new to this app, so I thought I'd do an intro, I don't know how everyone else introduced themselves, but here goes:

I'm 31 from PA, DH and I have been together almost 5 years ago. We found out we were pregnant in Aug 2016, just a few days after we put an offer on our new house. Everything was seemingly well. Drs appts were going well, had a nice strong heartbeat at 8 weeks. Husband was traveling for weeks 8-12 in WA state for work. Just a few days after he got home I had a spot of blood.Oncall Dr sent me to ER bc I am Rh negative. We found out at 12w4d, we lost our baby (the same day we closed on our new home and were scheduled for our NT ultrasound) side note: my SIL (my husband's twin brothers wife) was/is one week ahead of us. We aren't the closest, and unfortunately this has pushed us further apart, as she didn't feel I should grieve for the baby we lost. I am happy for them, but admittedly, it is very hard for us.

Fast forward: 

How far along are you: 15 weeks tomorrow

How are you doing: I finally feel great! It was a hard first trimester (technically I was in my first trimester since July, so it's been a rough/sick 7 months) my energy is finally back and I feel so much more myself. I can't deny this baby bump already, and I'm loving it!

When is your next appointment: Friday we have our 15 week check up!

Rant/rave/positive vibes:

Rant: my SIL had her baby shower yesterday. My BIL told my husband that we weren't allowed to mention we were pregnant
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    13+2

How are you doing? 
    My nausea is pretty much gone, but I'm still exhausted.  Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good.

I have a regular checkup with my OB on Friday.  I hope MFM has the results of the NIPT before then.

My mom keeps bothering me about when I'm sharing the news with various family members.  It's so frustrating.  My kids don't know yet, work doesn't know and I just don't feel comfortable with the whole world knowing.  She wants to tell all of her friends and I have family members who will tell lots of extended family.  I was so angry when she shared that I had an ectopic last year with family members who then told other family members.  I'm not ashamed of my loss, but it should've been up to me to decide with whom to discuss that information.

While I'm relaxing more the further along that I get, I still have a nervous feeling that there's going to be some issue.  PGAL brain is really tough.

Normally, I'd never personally feel comfortable purchasing anything at this point.  However, the timing of the BRU trade in event and the fact that the next one probably wouldn't be until the fall prompted us to head there last weekend.  We had expired car seats and some broken gear to get rid of.  We replaced the gear and bought a new infant car seat and stroller frame.  Other than a crib, we don't have any other big items to purchase.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @MetsGirl18 glad your nausea is almost gone! Hopefully your NIPT results are in before your appt- I know how nerve wracking that wait time is. FX for great news! Re: your Mom: I mentioned I think in one of the past PGAL posts about giving parameters to parents/in laws about sharing info. Your mom sounds like my mom- the day I got home from my miscarriage/delivery, I had an aunt who I don't talk to messaging me on facebook her condolences (and my Mom was the only one who knew what happened). Sad to say, it's really put a damper on my ability to trust her and subsequently I haven't told her I'm pregnant yet. Saying something to your Mom like, "I know you're excited about everything, but given my past history, this is our news to share and I'd appreciate you not telling anyone before I get the chance to do so myself" might help. GL!
  • Options
    @mokay19 I definitely have a bump now, and Im a FTM.  Dont worry too much about having one at this point, but I understand about wanting to hide it until you tell people.  when are you planning to tell everyone? 

@hupp0013  I have heard its super common for kids to be afraid of that! My sister (who would hate that Im telling this story online now) wouldn't do it for a super long time, and started to hold it in and make herself sick, so one night we were out with friends, and she really had to go.  All of the adults stood in the bathroom with her and sang her a poo poo song (they made it up on the fly), and that got her to go.  So for almost 2 years after that, if she had to poo she would sing the poo poo song.  Oh and she had to have someone in the family see her poo after too.  Not sure there is anything to help you, but hopefully it makes you giggle some. 

How far along are you? 
    16 weeks 

How are you doing? Starting to get anxious for the AS on the 17th.  Now that everyone knows its nice to not have to hide anything, and so far no ladies at church have tried to touch my belly, but Im starting to pop now, so that might end, and im not looking forward to that. 

When is your next appointment? March 17! 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Bought maternity clothes, and am in love. Im looking forward to the AS, but I wish I didn't have 3.5 weeks left to go.  

GTKY: What, if anything, have you purchased for baby so far? We bought a book, ha! We are really trying to wait until the AS, plus we are planning on getting a few more renovations done, so we want to wait to get that done before we do too much in the nursery. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @a2003tiger Good luck tomorrow!!! Fingers crossed for good news!

@mokay19 definitely showing over here too at 15+2. It's like she can't be contained! I mean I'm 5'2 and short in the torso so there really isn't anywhere else for her to go. 

@szwill86 just sending you love 

@hupp0013 PGAL brain is the WORST! I feel like that daily. You're not alone. I try and lay verrrrrry still no distractions in bed and see if I poke her and feel her at all to try and calm my nerves. I may be feeling belly bubbles, but it puts my mind at ease enough to fall asleep.  Also sorry about the pooping, I refused to do it anywhere but at home when I was a kid. My mom threatened me with death if I didn't finally go. I made her guard the door so nobody would come in haha

@bubblesmtu what is it about telling people that changes the entire game? A lot of my coworkers "guessed" and so it's out in the open here. It makes me sooooooo nervous!

@ars51615 Welcome! Sorry about SIL and BIL. I don't have a stellar relationship with mine either. 

@MetsGirl18 I hope you get your results! I waited 2 weeks for mine and it was pure agony!!

How far along are you? 
    15+2

How are you doing? 
    I feel stuffed up! I keep thinking I'm getting a cold, but then I'll feel fine and then crap again. Thanks hormones!

3/8 ... I'm dying!!!

My DH came home for the long weekend which I'm so glad I got to see him BUT he was helping my dad tile the kitchen the ENTIRE weekend so we literally got to have breakfast just us the entire weekend. I was pretty bummed about that. I'm looking at flying him back home quick next month so he can go to the anatomy scan at least. Flights are just SO expensive!!!

I waited until we got the NIPT results back and I was just SO excited for clear results and knowing baby was a girl that I treated myself to a few cute pieces for her. My cousin has also purchased things for her as well as my mom lol I also scored a box of 216 size 1 pampers on Amazon for $25 so I'm stockpiling those as I see them on sale. Otherwise trying to limit myself. 
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I'm just waiting until after my next appt on 2/27! I'm hoping to get an ultrasound since I haven't had one since 10 weeks and then once I can calm my mind a little more, I'll share at work. I didn't mind telling family and friends earlier as much since I'm close to them but it'd be super awkward having to untell my coworkers so I'm waiting as long as possible!
  • Options

@a2003tiger go away hematoma!  And I feel you on the body shame.  I dread summer clothes.

@mokay19 Um, Im going to need to see this nursery!  I LOVE LOTR!!! 

@szwill86 4 more weeks!  You are almost there!

@hupp0013 Super cute take home outfits!

@bullemtu feel you on the bad skin thing.  I had the “glow” with DS.  Never had my skin been clearer.  Now I have this HUGE zit on my cheek.  I asked my boss at my review if she could double my raise since I had this new zit to take care of too now. LOL

@ars51615 um your BIL said what?  I wouldn’t go if I were you then.  That is BULLSHIT.  You lost your baby.  And that baby is JUST AS MUCH a baby as theirs.  How dare they question your grief or tell you to not talk about your child.  I’m SO SORRY. 

@metsgirl18 nice work on the shopping!  You guys are ready!

@littlebug2010 your scan is so soon!  Jelly! 

@cmmiller531 nice work on the diaper score! 

How far along are you? 

13 + 1

How are you doing? 

I feel pretty great physically.  No real sickness anymore.  I have my energy back for the most part.  And since I don’t feel like constant ass I can make better food choices so that’s been nice.  I gained like 15 lbs the first tri, for real.  And lost 5 from my appt last monday, so I hope to lose at least another 5 by my next appt in 3 weeks just by working out and eating like my old self again.  I never checked my weight once with DS but I am obsessed with it right now, which SUCKS.

3/13 for my regular monthly appt, then 4/1 for the A/S

Waiting on my NIPT results.  I called the lab and they said probably Thursday.  Longest wait ever.  Just trying to stay positive.  Since we told DH’s family this weekend my paranoia seems to be multiplied.  And MIL keeps asking when we will have the genetic test esults back.  We aren’t finding out the sex just yet.  We plan to keep that in an envelope until mid march probably, when we can do something fun together to find out. 

Nothing.  If it’s a boy, we won’t have to really buy anything.  I plan to move DS (17 mos) to his new big boy room and then reuse the crib and changing table/dresser, rocker etc for him.  If it’s a girl, that whole plan is out the window.  Come on baby boy!!!! 

• Options
    @mokay19 well good thing the 27th isnt too far off.  I can say that telling people at work is super weird.  I told my original boss at about 10 weeks, because he knew about my MC in July, and wanted to keep him in the loop.  I told another friend in early Jan, but it was mostly because we eat lunch together sometimes, and I had to hide it for a long time.  I told my actual boss and only other teammate after 12 weeks, but they both work overseas, and so it was a a super awkward message over messenger (they are both unmarried older men, who have kids, but it was strange still), but it was fine, they are both excited for me. 

@dmbfan46835 I wish I could see it as soon!  March 17 feels so far away!!!! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12 or 13 weeks, I had a NT scan and my dates were changed but not yet confirmed by my doctor.

How are you doing? I'm so angry. see rant below.

When is your next appointment? March 2nd a prenatal appointment

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: So I had my NT scan this week and they booked my anatomy scan for May 3 when I'll be like 24 weeks. Because they base it off of your BMI now apparently? I had my AS for DS 2 years ago when I weighed 25 pounds at my NT scan than now at 18 weeks and had no issues. The thing is, DH and I are not telling anyone we are pregnant until we know the gender because of some serious issues with family and having more children. The whole NT scan was awful. The technician didn't speak to me, when I asked a question she just told me "ask your doctor." When I asked what I was measuring as she said, "ask your doctor" It was so awkward and terrible and horrible, BLAH. Anyways, today I booked one of those ultrasound places where I have to pay out of pocket but will hopefully be able to find out the gender a full month ahead. Sorry, long rant today!!

I bought a baby book, that's it. Still want to make sure I'm out of the woods.
  • Options
    @maebee87 Im sorry your NT scan was not great for you.  Its odd to me that you are only 3/4 weeks behind me, but my AS is the 17th of March, and yours wouldn't be until super late.  I have never heard of them looking at BMI to schedule one.  FX you can get in your elective one sooner rather than later. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    @littlebig2010 Thanks! I just booked an elective one for 18 weeks so hopefully baby shows the goods lol

@ars51615 welcome!! Goodluck at your appointment!

@MetsGirl18 Tell your mom your concerns and that she has to respect your decision on when to tell YOUR news. I know easier said than done. You could also tell her you regret telling her anything and that in the future you may not based on her behavior. I'm a bit jaded about all of this because I have a terrible relationship with my inlaws and father. Setting boundaries is key.

• Options
    @a2003tiger good news, even with the sch being the same size! 
  • Options

@maebee87 I've NEVER heard of AS being based on BMI. I thought they always wanted them between 18-22 weeks?

Only my second week particpating so....just a reminder... I'm 34 and pregnant with my 3rd. I have a 4 year old and a 2.5 year old. I had a CP in June 2016 followed my a miscarriage and D&C in August 2016.

How far along are you? 

16 weeks :) 

How are you doing? 
    Still throwing up occasionally which is lame but mostly when I skip a meal. I have a herniated disc that I got under control through a chiropractor last year...I can feel it starting to hurt again so I'm freaked out. Anyway go to the Chiro while pregnant before? I'm going to talk to my Dr next week. 

Next week....AS March 9th!

See above with my back...

This will be baby boy#3 so not going to get much. Haven't bought anything yet but ALWAYS looking on craigslist and nextdoor for deals. 
  • Options
    @pinkyswife I have gone to the chiropractor during this pregnancy.  My doctor told me to tell the chiropractor that I was pregnant.  Everyone at the office is well aware that I am pregnant. 

@a2003tiger I am glad he looked good!  I am sorry the hematoma hasn't shrunk, but I am glad it isn't bigger.

@maebee87 I have never heard of an anatomy scan being based off BMI.  They are typically between 18-22 weeks because otherwise the baby could be too big to get certain measurements.  I am also sorry your NT scan was so unpleasant. I know that a tech really can't tell you what they see, but courtesy is very important when you are speaking with people.

@dmbfan46835  I am glad you are feeling better and that your energy is mostly back!

@cmmiller531 I hope you feel better soon!  I am sorry H was busy all weekend when he was home!

@bubblesmtu I hope everyone in your house gets healthy soon!

Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @a2003tiger great news on he baby! Such a big boy!!! Sorry about the hematoma tho :(
  • Options
    @ars51615 I am sorry about your in laws.  They sound like peaches.

@littlebug2010 your story did make me chuckle!  I can't believe you are so close to the anatomy scan time already!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @szwill86 I'm sorry you went through something similar with your mom sharing your loss with others.  I ended up getting my NIPT results back yesterday, which were negative/low risk.  I texted my mom to let her know and then specifically said this has no effect on when I'll decide to share the news so please don't bother me about it.  Of course, she responds to let her know when she can share the news with grandparents, aunts and uncles because they'll be happy and won't say anything.  That totally set me off and I let out how I felt about what she did last year sharing my loss with various family members.  She spent a while trying to justify her actions, which made me so angry, but eventually she apologized for upsetting me so much.  I'm still hurt and I'm not sure she really gets that it wasn't her place to share, but I need to move on.  She hasn't shared the news about my pregnancy.  She just keeps reminding me to let her know when she can share.  It really annoys me and I get mad at her.  She backs down for a little bit, but then will bring it up again.  Ugh.

I keep wavering about when to tell my kids, work, etc.  I have a regular appointment on Friday and will be 14 weeks on Sunday.  Part of me would like to at least tell my kids this weekend and it's getting hard to hide my stomach at work, but there's still this fear in the back of my mind that once I share, something will happen.  I guess there's really no right or wrong time to share.
  • Options
    @MetsGirl18 girl, you and I are one in the same when it comes to this- I feel your frustration. And I'm sorry your Mom semi-apologized- I say semi because if she really was sorry, she wouldn't keep bringing it up. Your annoyance/anger is normal, so don't feel bad about your reaction! I'm also so, so glad everything was low risk for your NIPT! I get your fear with sharing. You don't even have to share if you don't want- people will be able to connect the dots in time and I think for FMLA, you only have to let your employer know at least 6 weeks before your due date (don't quote me on that!). When you say kids, do you mean your own kids? I only ask bc my mind goes to the kids I work with at my job since I don't have any of my own (yet). I tried answering my own question by looking in the spreadsheet, but didn't see your info there!
  • Options
    @mokay19 I'm not even a LOTR fan, but that is ADORABLE! They're so vintage looking :smile: Can't wait to see the final product!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    14 weeks 6 days
    How are you doing? 
    Better now
    March 16th
    I  feel like I am waiting for another ultrasound! my first was at 10 weeks and my OB mentioned the next at 21 weeks. Last time we shelled out for a private one, but its not going to happen this time. 
    This is our second, so nothing yet. I need a new swing because our last one was donated and I lent it out and it never came back. The only other thing I am considering is a double stroller. 
  • Options
    @a2003tiger so glad to hear the good report!

@ars51615 Sorry your inlaws aren't the best. mine suck too. I know that doesn't help, but solidarity might make you feel better? I would totally let it slip at the shower... But then again, I don't mind pissing my SILs off. I make them mad even when I don't try, so I figure why not do what I want?

@maebee87 My OB mentioned not till 21-22 weeks, but I don't think it was because of BMI. It is much later than last time too!

I can't believe how many of you haven't spilled the beans! I could barely wait till 12 weeks! And like many o fyou, my old clothes no longer fit and my tummy is pretty obvious. 
  • Options
    @szwill86 Thanks for the support.  It's nice to know I'm not overreacting.

I definitely need to tell work soon as I'm supposed to be leading two big matters that will conclude at the beginning of September and October.  I don't want to create any issues by not being upfront before they begin.

I was referring to telling my children.  They are 8 and 4.5.  I've been so nervous with this pregnancy whether it's because of my loss and/or being older that I think seeing their excitement when we share the news could help me relax more and finally start enjoying this pregnancy.
  • Options
    How far along: 15+1 weeks. 

How are are you doing? I am great, happy to be out of the first trimester. Not showing yet and still able to do run/exercise which is nice. I was doing nothing for a month because I was terrified of another loss, finally pass the 1st 12 week hump. 

Rants/Raves: I still get annoyed with other pregnant people. Not sure why, kinda stupid. This is my 3rd so I thought I'd show sooner. My pants are snug but no official bump.. just hope I show sooner than 25 weeks. 

Have you bought anyting yet? Nope, not a thing. I'll start that in July or maybe the day after the kid is born I'll have my husband get diapers and go to target for baby stuff. 

• Options
    @mokay19 ok, seriously, cutest pics ever! Etsy?? Like I can't even!!

got our NIPT results back yesterday and all is good!!!! Baby is healthy!!! I got home Tuesday night to DS with double hand rash and a fever and he's been a sick mess ever since, but those results make it all manageable!!  The baby's sex is waiting for us patiently in my chart til we decide when and how we want to find out.  Thinking of telling my family this next weekend, it's my moms bday and she lives in a nursing home already so it will just make her life  <3

@kycade3013 I get being annoyed with other pregs. There's his super cute pregnant girl that sits near me at work and she is ADORABLE. 26 weeks, cute clothes and all belly. She hasn't gained a pound any place else. Sounds like you are in fab shape so good for you mama!
  • Options
    @dmbfan46835 yes Etsy!!!  And happy to hear that your results came back all clear! 
  • Options
    I figured I'd ask your guys opinion here since some of you have kids... I have my 16 week appointment on Monday. And we're team green so I don't want to accidentally find out what the sex is. Should I not look at the screen at all or is it difficult enough to tell that I'll be okay? The other side of the predicament is that DH is TDY so he's out of town and I usually record the ultrasounds for him so I would like to still do that but then I would be watching. 

Basically, how easy is it to tell the sex at a regular 16 week ultrasound? I'm a FTM and an ultrasound n00b. 
  • Options
    @mokay19  I thought it was really hard to tell with DD but it might be different with a boy. Just make sure the tech knows you don't want to find out!
  • Options
    @mokay19 Make sure you tell the tech several times. When I was pregnant with DS a couldn't tell until the they told me. Now I can tell but only when the show the obvious shot. I think as long as they know you don't want to find out you'll be fine.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    hupp0013hupp0013 member
    edited February 2017
    @mokay19 I defeated told my doctors that we did not want to find out what we were having.  I did look away a lot of the time the second time around because I was scared of seeing anything accidentally.  I would definitely ask them to tell you to look away when they are taking measurements where you would have the potential to see something.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker