Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In 2/20

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? 

Re: PGAL Check-In 2/20

• How far along are you? 36w3d

How big is baby
    ? The size of a chihuahua according to ovia... According to my growth scan this morning, she was 6 lbs. 7 ounces! Exciting!

Appointments coming up
    ? I now have twice weekly appointments and non-stress tests along with weekly growth scans. Had one of these appointments today and the next one is Thursday. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically
    ? So Thursday was a rough day... I went in for a regular appointment and my heart rate and blood pressure were way too high so they sent me to triage at the hospital for monitoring all day. My blood pressure fluctuated for hours as borderline preeclampsia (like 156/95 most of the time with some higher "spike" number and some lower numbers at times too. Resting heart rate in the 160s)... They talked about inducing me but after a little begging we decided to increase my heart meds (I am already on heart meds for a pre-existing heart condition) and proceed with bi-weekly appointments....

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to
    ? I was in denial at first, but I have come to accept the fact that I will likely end up being induced early... Friday is 37 weeks for me, and Saturday is my last big event at work so right now my goal is just to get through this week! 

Rants/Raves/Questions
    : Lately it feels like we have a bunch of new people on our PGAL board and it makes me so happy to see everyone coming back with that BFP! 

GTKY: Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert
    ? Introvert at heart, but that certainly doesn't mean I don't love being social on occasion. 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 wow! So scary! I'm glad they let you go home and try to hold out. Prayers for you that you can keep baby in there as long as possible but also that they keep a close eye on you to do what's best for you both. I'm also loving the positivity here lately. Such a blessing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 17w6d

How big is baby? 
    Pomegranate t

Appointments coming up? 
    Thursday - it's been a long month's wait!

Emotionally I feel my PGAL brain is slowing down which I couldn't be more grateful for. Physically still feeling really good. So overall - I'll take both of those!

A/S on 3/7

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    We registered this weekend and it was fun! I'm glad I did a cramming session on Wednesday and took a new-mom friend because I didn't feel nearly as overwhelmed as I thought I would.

Extrovert, for sure. 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • HGRichHGRich member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you?  32 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    Approximately four pounds. My OBs don't do growth scans unless they think there's a concern so I'm excited to be surprised by her weight at birth. :)

Appointments coming up? 
    Thursday is a regular bi-weekly appointment. The dog is going to the vet Friday too. Gotta take care of the fur child before the non furry one gets here. 

Physically I'm tired and struggling with a lot of aches and pains and reflux. Emotionally, I had a moment of panic and denial after my baby shower this weekend because I thought "she has to get here now. We have all of this stuff for her." But in general I'm doing alright and feeling optimistic. 

Full term! But on a personal level, having the baby showers done and being able to nest. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I'm with @JustAnotherUsername16--I've loved seeing ladies here on the PGAL boards reach big milestones and get good results in early ultrasounds. Thoughts and prayers continue for you all! It feels like just a short time ago and also ages ago that I was hoping and praying my little bean would stick. This board has helped a lot. 

I was an extremely introverted child, then I became more extroverted for awhile. But marrying an introvert and a homebody means I've become more introverted again. But I have to have good, quality conversations with close friends to survive. Haha. 
  • @byrneme I did the same thing with registering - took a friend who could help me understand everything lol. I'm so glad you had such a positive experience with registering!! And happy to hear your PGAL brain is calming a bit :)
    @HGRich I'm sorry to hear all the third-trimester aches and pains are getting more intense... But think about how close you are to meeting your LO soon!!!! It'll all be worth it soon :). Also, I'm glad your showers went well and you are getting the opportunity to nest! 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 thanks! I really can't complain. I've had an easy pregnancy from about 18-20 weeks or so onward. And all of these aches and pains are exactly what I expected would happen. Doesn't make it better, but I guess it makes me feel like I'm earning my stripes as it were. :) 
  • How far along are you? 18 weeks

How big is baby? 
    can of cola

Appointments coming up? 
    anatomy scan on Friday!

starting to feel better physically most of the time, emotionally i'm anxious about my anatomy scan

other than the anatomy scan, i'm looking forward to getting my registry and shower sorted out

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    this is both a rant and a rave, the rant part is that my husband gets a lot of time off work since he works for a school system and is off when the schools are off.  he's off this whole week and i'm really jealous!  the rave part is that he knows how lucky he is so gets a ton of stuff done around the house when he's off.  this week i'm hoping to get the old library/new nursery all cleaned out and ready to paint.

definitely an introvert in large groups or around new people. 

@byrneme i'm jealous of your registry help, it's been very overwhelming to me and most of my friends that are moms have kids that are at least 5 and they aren't good at remembering what they needed/didn't really need!
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks and 4 days.

How big is baby? 
    A butternut squash. 

Appointments coming up? 
    I have a regular OBGYN this Thursday. 

Ok for the most part. Tired. Emotionally, kinda weird. I'm not worried any more about losing the baby, but I do have this underling fear/worry that something is going to be wrong with him. I know this is a common fear, but I think it might be worse than what's normal. After all we've been through to get here, and with all the red flags we had during this pregnancy I just can't help but worry that despite all the testing we did that something is wrong. I HATE that they keep mentioning he is on the small side cause it just adds fuel to that fire, confirming in my irrational mind "see something is wrong with him". I'm worried when he is born that the first thing I'm going to ask is "What's wrong with him? Is he normal?" and all the people in the room will think I'm crazy. I'm going to talk to the OB doctor Thursday about all of it. My point is, even though I'm not worried about losing the baby, I'm still having a hard time letting myself get attached. Like with my daughter I kept a journal throughout my pregnancy with her, and I had a baby book for her. I totally forgot about getting a baby book for this baby, and it kinda upset me that I didn't think of it. I ended up buying one online this morning. I don't know how else to explain it. 

not a milestone but I'm looking forward to my next MFM growth scan, I'm hoping he is getting bigger. I'm still not gaining weight. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

I'm a big time introvert and my husband is even more so. I have one good GF (I've know her since kindergarten) who I'm close with that lives in another state, we text throughout the day and that's really all I have. And to be honest, that's about as much as I can handle or want. My husband is truly my best friend and I'm super close with my mom. I don't have the time or energy to manage multiple friendships.I do wish there was a couple our age that we liked, with kids that lived close to us, that we could visit with by walking down the street, that would work for us, LOL. An old co-worker/GF of mine that I talk to once in a while, is a huge extrovert and just hearing about her life exhausts me. 

@Justanotherusername16 I'm about to be in the same boat as you with the twice a week appointments. I'm happy to hear your little one is measuring at 6lbs 7oz! That's totally spot on for 36 weeks isn't it? I know your doctors were having concerns about her size right? Are they still saying that she is small? 

• @cpr79 - I'm happy to PM you the links to both our BBB and Amazon registries if you think it will help! I started with the cheat sheet from Lucie's List and also asked some girls in my office (we've had a baby boom over the last year) so I feel I've got a pretty good base! Obviously a few things are brand/personal preference but I can tell you why we chose what we did if you had any questions. LMK.
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • edited February 2017
    @cpr79 - I totally agree with @byrneme that Lucie's List was a lifesaver for me as a FTM who didn't know where to start. 

@Bok Bagok Yes! It was so exciting that for the first time she was measuring right on schedule. Like you, I had been told for weeks that she was measuring small and it was giving me strong anxiety. Yesterday she measured right on and I almost cried out of happiness. My doc was shocked that I had been hiding so much anxiety - he said that while they were monitoring it just to be safe that he had never been actually worried about it since growth ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate and can be off by 2 pounds! I hope the same for your LO and will send a prayer up for you both! 
  • @Bok Bagok thinking of you! I hate for you too that they keep bringing up his size. They did that to my mom constantly when she was pregnant with me and worried her so much. But there wasn't a thing wrong with me. I was just little! And your fears seem pretty normal. Hang in there! 
  • Hi! I'm 7w2d and feeling very tired most days, but then can't fall asleep at night. I have some nausea and aversion to smells that I used to enjoy.  The next appointment is on the 27th which will be the first u/s. The milestone we're most excited for is hearing the heartbeat, a strong one! :) I'm definitely an extravert! I'm an open book and an oversharer lol
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • @byrneme I have the Lucie's list so it's good to know others are using that as a start, but if you don't mind sharing I'd love to see another FTM's registry!
  • Hey guys,

6 weeks today, size of a blueberry 

still just patiently waiting for our first appt march 3, feeling pretty good, have had some waves of nausea starting over the weekend, and never had that with my first two pregnancies - so taking it as a good sign! 

Im kind of in between introvert and extrovert, like right in the middle!

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3