August 2017 Moms

When to announce?

I'm 13 weeks and still wondering if I should post our baby announcement on social media. I've had 2 healthy scans so far and heard baby's heartbeat. Have another midwife appoint in wed feb 22 to get blood work back from first trimester screening. I have had a cute idea planned. DH thinks we waited long enough and wants to share tomorrow in Facebook but I'm wondering if I should wait til after that midwife appointment. But I'm dying to tell people too! Just cautious I guess 

Re: When to announce?

• Hey Knottie! You might find more feedback in the Announcements thread, but to start: this is totally up to you and your husband. There is no right or wrong time to announce. For me, it's off social media while SO and I negotiate the answers to all the follow up questions, and since he's not on social media much at all, he doesn't care. However, it's public knowledge to people we see regularly.

If you both want to share, and the results of the blood work won't change your decision on continuing the pregnancy, then I wouldn't let the bloodwork be an arbitrary hoop you have to jump through first.
  • We haven't told either. Im almost 13 weeks as well, but PGAL, so that makes me even more hesitant with this baby to announce. With DS we shared with the world at about 16 weeks. We are starting to tell family today I think, and then may tell the rest of the world around 16 weeks again if all our bloodwork comes back ok. Like PP said, if you would keep the baby regardless of the test results I'd say go ahead and share. Odds are that you are in the clear if you look at all the percentages of miscarriage at this point. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally a personal decision but don't feel bad if you still aren't ready to announce. I think I'm going to wait until next week after my next appointment. I'll be 15 weeks. But I know people that live tweet while they're peeing on the stick. Not my style. If it's a MC you're concerned, be encouraged the percentages are very small at this point.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • I told my family and friends right away. And social media at 7 weeks around Xmas. Last time, I didn't tell social media til 18 weeks when I knew the sex...only because I didn't want to be attention seeking with announcing pregnancy then sharing boy or girl lol but this time I didn't care because it was special to share a big brother post of my son. 
  • Thanks ladies.  Yeah I guess I'm just scared of still miscarrying. Regardless of the blood work I'm still going to love this baby no matter what. It's just getting harder to hide.  I still worry everyday something can go wrong but part of me wants everyone to know that despite what happened this baby was wanted and loved from the start. Just having FTM jitters I guess. 
  • Immediate family I told right away. Other family members and close friends I told at 12 weeks after NT scan. Now at 14 weeks I have told most people I met in person. I'll only announce on social media after anatomy scan (20 weeks). 
  • People typically tell at 12 weeks because by then your miscarriage rates drop dramatically since all the vital organs have been formed. It is all up to personal preference though.we threw caution to the wind and told everyone as soon as we found out at 4weeks. We waited until 14weeks with our first and the wait almost killed me! Good luck with your blood work!