October 2017 Moms
Options

Sex....but whyyyyyyy!!??

Let me start by saying I love my husband dearly and usually enjoy it; however I'm bloated, gassy, constipated, exhausted and irritable so back off haha!! He's still in trying mode when we were doing it every other day ttc. Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Re: Sex....but whyyyyyyy!!??

• Options
    Right there with you! I love DH so very much, but sex while pregnant is super uncomfortable. I hated it my entire pregnancy last time and it has nothing to do with him! Thankfully he gets it! 
  • Options
    Add me to the hate sex list right now. With our first DH was so nervous about hurting the baby (so I took that excuse and ran with it) now he knows better. I feel guilty for continuously turning him down lately.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just feel yucky so I'm in that same mode. Nauseous and gassy don't make ya feel frisky

• Options
    I feel for you in regards to the gassy, bloated discomfort! It's a conflicted feeling for me, because going through Ivf treatment, and having a surgery in the middle of it, I haven't had sex in months. I'm waiting to get the ok from my clinic. I "want" to have sex badly  but between being cramps, and the nasty progesterone suppositories, it is a turn off.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Same here. My DH is always frisky.. Everday or other day would be the norm for us. I just truly don't feel sexy right now and not really in the mood. I just want to sleep. Ugh. 
  • Options
    I'm nervous, because with my first I bled bright red the first time we did. It lasted for 3 days, baby was checked, blood was checked, ultrasound, the whole 9 yards....everything was fine, but I'm now on guard because of that. 
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Options
    Totally with you! I'm so not in the mood! And my OB recommended we don't do it anyway while I'm on progesterone. 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • Options
    Same here.  I'm exhausted, bloated, constipated and not at all in the mood.  My husband loves to touch my stomach, but I don't want him anywhere near that area.  I feel bad about it, but it is what it is.
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Other than being bloated, gassy, and nauseated I've also been just nervous. I know if I start cramping or spotting I would absolutely panic!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mommac2017mommac2017 member
    edited February 2017
    We've had sex once since finding out we were pregnant. Actually probably since GETTING pregnant. Poor DH. But he's been surprisingly very okay with it. He knows how horrible I'm feeling. Plus when I'm going to bed at 8pm he doesn't have too much of a choice haha
  • Options
    We've been having sex in the morning or during the day. That way I can fall into bed without worrying about it. 

• Options
    Haha me and my sister just had this conversation and we laughed because our SO's hung out in my garage last night and my sisters SO came over to the garage again tonight and we're both pregnant and we said good they can entertain each other and we don't have to say no another night! I think we've had sex maybe 2-3 times since conceiving 6 weeks ago.