October 2017 Moms
Options

Where my dizzy moms at?

My gosh today has been rough! I was dizzy earlier but just figured I was tired. I had a nap and then did a bunch of errands. At 8pm I went to get my oldest from a birthday party and almost passed out on the way to the car. I usually have a couple dizzy spells when pregnant but not usually two in one day and not usually this intense. Anyone else feeling this and have any relief? My only thought is that both times I hadn't really eaten in a while but I'm not even five weeks so don't have a whole lot of changes going on quite yet.
                                      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                 Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                     "Squishy" 2007
                                                       "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                        "Fishy" 2012
                                                                        "Bean" 2014
                                                         "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                   "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                            1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                      Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                          Pancolitis

Re: Where my dizzy moms at?

• Options
    ✋ I am learning to get up with extreme caution, since that's when it usually happens. I have not passed out yet, so far it's Meg 9, Dizziness 0.

If it is happening when you rise from sitting or laying, get up more slowly. Eating small meals throughout the day is a good idea. Also, make sure you aren't standing too long and avoid really hot showers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not that bad, but I've definitely had several days where I felt dizzy all day long.  The only thing I've thought if is to make sure I'm drinking enough water.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto @miamiumeg it happens to me when I get up, so I am being overly cautious and getting up slowly. I fainted with my first pregnancy and that was really f* scary cuz I had never fainted before in my life. Hoping that doesn't happen again. 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Options
    Thanks ladies. So far it's not when I get up strangely enough. The first time was when I sat down on the floor to change DD2 (I had been sitting for a minute or two when it hit) and the second time was when I started to walk after standing, I had been standing for about 20 minutes though so that could have contributed. Hopefully eating and drinking more regularly will help!!
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    Speak to your doctor/midwife about this. Low blood pressure is very common in pregnancy and dizzy spells can definitely be a sign. 
  • Options
    Me! Definitely have felt dizzy a couple of times and had a case of vertigo last Saturday before I found out I was pregnant.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was oddly dizzy right before my BFP if I bent down to pick up stuff and it lasted 2 days. Hopefully it's not a lasting symptom for you. Ask to get your BP checked at your next appointment. 

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh so dizzy, I hate it! I've been trying to wonder if it's part of the nausea?