October 2017 Moms

Friday Ticker Change

Happy Friyay!

This check-in is for those whose weeks change over today! Meaning your EDD is on October 6, 13, 20, or 27.

*If your week does not change over today, please do not post. There will be check-ins every day so everyone has a weekly check-in*

1) How many weeks are you?
2) How are you feeling?
3) Any appointments or tests this week?
4) Rants/Raves/Questions?
5) GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure tv show?

Re: Friday Ticker Change

• 1) How many weeks are you?
    6 weeks today!

2) How are you feeling?
    Occasional nausea and I'm super emotional, but mostly pretty great. I still get cramps every now and then and I HATE them they make me so nervous.

I had my first ultrasound yesterday and it was good, although a little scary. We saw our little pumpkin and it was much smaller that TB says it should be, and there was only a heartbeat flutter that wasn't measurable yet, but the RE and nurse said everything was absolutely perfect so I'm trying to listen to them and not Dr. Google.

I finished a huge project for work that was taking up my days and making me extremely stressed so between that, Friday and the framed picture of my u/s sitting in front of me right now, I'm happy today.

Well my favorite show right now is GoT, but that's not a guilty pleasure, so I would have to pick Vampire Diaries. All the love for sexy vampire love triangles.

• Loading the player...
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 6 weeks!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    I feel hungry all the time but can't figure out what to eat (so annoying). Slightly nauseous but it's not half as bad as my first pregnancy. Other than that great. I'm also tired all the time.
    No appointments. No ultrasound until Match 3rd. Waaahhhhh! 
    I really wish my DH would pick up some of the cooking/cleaning duties! Ugh.. I'm dying here. Also, I'm feeling a little selfish right now thinking about all the fun I will be missing out on this summer. My friends are booking trips and events and I'm sitting here like... Won't be going to that. Sorry I haven't had a baby in 10 years. I thought I had my sexy back. 
    Guilty pleasure is coffee right now. I cannot stop drinking it in the morning at work. I try to stay away from sodas and any other caffeine other than this. Nightwatch has become my favorite pass time when I can't sleep.
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    edited February 2017
    1) How many weeks are you? I hope you don't mind, I am sticking here based on ovulation and my tracking app until OB says different :-) If going by all that and LMP 6 weeks. 

2) How are you feeling?
    Tired, stressed a bit,  breasts are very tender. 

Moved my Thursday to Monday because ER wanted me to get retested for HCG levels in 2 days but they had nothing for today. 

UTI sucks....food aversions blow...I need more hours in the day. 

This is Us is not a guilty pleasure it is LIFE lol. It has been helping me a lot with some of the stress and grieving on my heart and making my husband understand some of my relationships a bit better. 

*Edited to unbold answers!
    Nichole Tampa, FL

• 1) How many weeks are you? 7 weeks!

2) How are you feeling? 
    I had the worst MS, until the nurse told me to take Unisom and B6. Now I feel amazing! Also, I think I have Sciatica. Anyone else?

Yes, I had the nurse intake last Tuesday.

See above for question. Rave is that there are new Pokemon lol!

Some times I watch keeping up with the Kardashians.
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 7 weeks

2) How are you feeling? 
    Tired, a little crampy, sore boobs and occasionally nauseous.

I had my third ultrasound this week and it was a little nerve racking. The sac has grown since my last ultrasound a week ago, but no fetal pole. Crossing my fingers that we see more in two weeks! 

Besides some nerves everything is going good!

My husband and I are really into The Path on Hulu, but more of a guilty pleasure show is definitely anything Real Housewives.
  • tnicole1stnicole1s member
    edited February 2017
    @feeislove You are probably just having one at 8 weeks which is what is normally done. I have been to the office a lot because I was being monitored because of it potentially being ectopic. You don't want to go early! It has been driving me crazy! 

@Dinosaur I don't know if it is Sciatica, but I am having hip pain for sure! 
  • @tnicole1s No you're right. I shouldn't want to go earlier because I know what that would mean. I'm just anxious. I don't even get an ultrasound at this visit, they told me so on the phone. I just want reassurance that everything is ok. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hiddenlake Congrats on that beautiful heartbeat!!!!!! 

@mommaswizz I'm so impressed by your secret keeping skills, and everyone else who is still holding it in. I word vomit on everyone. I told our mailman the other day. 

@dinosaur I'm going to have to try that combo! I've been sleeping terribly too.

@tnicole1s I have my fingers crossed for you 

@feeislove you could always ask for a blood beta test at your first appt? Hearing the high levels might help.

I have a conference call at 2 (I work in sales from home) and then you know what I'm going to do? Take a nap. Yep. I'm a rebel like that.

• tnicole1stnicole1s member
    edited February 2017
    @feeislove I so get it! I never knew the beginning of pregnancy would be so suspenseful. And maybe you could ask for a blood draw or even an ultrasound? Good luck!
  • @bluejeanbabi05 I'm pretty sure they'll draw blood. I went to this same office when a friend of mine was pregnant and they took a few tubes. That makes me nervous though because the last time they tried to draw blood (just for routine blood work) I passed out. I was fasting though. So I plan to eat something before I go and HOPEFULLY I won't faint. I may even ask them to have my lay down.
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 7 weeks!

2) How are you feeling?
      Physically, pretty well.  Slightest nausea that passes quickly, sore boobs, tiredness and moodiness but nothing too extreme. Emotionally, much much better after a good first US!

Ultrasound was earlier today.  Everything is looking good, I was measuring ahead by one day but RE kept my 10/6 due date.  Got to see the heartbeat (136) and I'm feeling so freakin' relieved.  **TW** I started to miscarry on this date last year and had an ultrasound confirming no heartbeat.  I am so glad to now have a positive memory to associate with this date.  **End TW* 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Just enjoying a couple minutes to be happy about a good ultrasound.  No rants.

I love GoT, but probably I'd say Unreal.  I'm excited the second season is on Hulu now!
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• So excited to hear about all the ultrasounds! Can't wait to see my little bean in two weeks!

@Hiddenlake -Get the bartender to give you soda or seltzer.. no one will be able to tell you're not drinking for real.
    @Mommaswizz -I know! Keeping this a secret is burning a hole in my brain! lol I'm so bad at keeping my mouth shut but I don't want to tell anyone until the viability screen. Gah I'm dying.
    @ShakeUpTampa - GL with your blood work. Looking forward to hearing good news!
    @tnicole1s -So sorry you're going through that... T&P for a healthy bean.
    @feeislove - The wait really sucks. Hang in there!

1) How many weeks are you? 5

2) How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good. Sore boobs and cramps that come and go.

Nope

DH is driving me nuts already lol. We were looking at some expense projections regarding the new baby and I mentioned maybe needing to hire a lactation consultant if I have breastfeeding issues. His response was basically that I'm a woman and I should just be able to do it. :|  (And that I read too much.) Anytime I bring up concerns about symptoms (like- I'm bracing myself because the morning sickness is coming.) he says "Well you wanted this." Dude... empathy. Grow some.

Teen Mom, Married at First Sight, 7 Year Switch, Dance Moms, ugh.. why do I gravitate to the drama?

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19
  • ^^How could i  forget married at first sight?! I love that show!!

The secret keeping is a little bit easier for us since we live in jersey and our families are in NY. We only have one visit with my family since finding out so we only had to survive that one visit. Next time we're there will be after the first appointment so i will be getting it all out then. 

I should move this to the random thread but are any other STMs dreading the "treatment" you get after you tell everyone? Dont get me wrong. i appreciate everyone being really nice and asking how i'm feeling. however, this time i just dont feel like talking about every little thing with my very sweet in laws or even my parents. Let's just proceed as usual people!!
  • @Mommaswizz- Where in NY? DH is from Farmingdale on LI  :) We live in MD and my mom is 10 mins from us. I tell her everything so it's been hard. Plus she knows we've been trying so she asks  :s

• @crazypuglady I'm in MD too. In between Baltimore and Annapolis. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• crazypugladycrazypuglady member
    edited February 2017
    @canonmom413- Ah! Cool! I'm in Harford County  :) Are you in AA county? My grandparents lived in Milllersville and Severna Park and I have an aunt in Annapolis.

• @bluejeanbabi05 congrats on the happy ultrasound and on getting the work project off your back. great way to start the weekend!
    @Hiddenlake hooray for another happy ultrasound! It's funny you put it that way about the Magicians. I remember when I was watching first season I thought "oh, this is so YA", but I couldn't stop watching.
    @Mommaswizz keeping this secret a secret is hard work! I don't know how I'll make it another 7 weeks.
    @ervincherise we're appointment buddies! The wait seems like forever!
    @ShakeUpTampa ugh sorry about the UTI. Pregnancy symptoms in general are more than enough to have to deal with.
    @Dinosaur glad your MS has been relieved. I'll have to remember that combo if I end up coming down with it myself.
    @tnicole1s best of luck at the next us appointment, hopefully you're just measuring a little behind.
    @feeislove I'm so with ya there on the waiting game. Trying to will the time to pass quicker.
    @laeberge3 so happy you got such good news! Those trigger days are so important to be able to get past!
    @crazypuglady we're due date pals! If only men could take over just half the stress and worry that we have to carry around!

1) How many weeks are you?... 5 weeks
    2) How are you feeling?
    ... Boobs are very sore and my hips hurt quite a lot. Bloating, and here and there a little queasiness, usually when I haven't eaten in a bit, but that's not often. Some wacky vivid dreams, but I've only had a few that I remember.
    ... Nope. Countdown til March 3. I plan to call on Monday and see if I can't chat with the nurse since it's driving me nuts that I don't really know what they will do in my first appt.
              *TW - The first time I was pregnant I started spotting/bleeding at 6w3d so the OB appt I had was modified for the situation. Due to two previous losses I'm really hoping that I can persuade them to do an early ultrasound or at least beta testing with progesterone (since that was super low w/ both losses). - End TW*
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions?... Rant: I just discovered that the horrendous gas and bloating that I've been experiencing is being caused by my very favorite food, potatoes! Still eating them, being miserable, and blaming the farts on the dog, lol.
    ... Sadly at the moment I don't have one! The last one I ate up was Married at First Sight but I haven't caught up with the newest season.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @crazypuglady I'm right in between there :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• 1-how many weeks? 6 weeks 
    2-how are you feeling? Pretty good so far, - little nauseous here and there but nothing too bad. Super tired already!
    3- any appointments or tests this week? 
    ugh, no.trying to be patient until my appointment on march 7. With my first pregnancy I was seeing a fertility dr so I had blood work and ultrasounds, this waiting 8 weeks is tough especially when I have a strange feeling it could be twins!
    4- rants/raves/questions-
    just hard keeping the pregnancy from some people. We have told my family a few close friends but I would love to be telling everyone!!
    5-GTKY guilty pleasure tv show-
    housewives, teen mom, married at first sight, the list really could just go on and on! I love reality tv!