May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Friday Ticker Change (2/17)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 26 weeks!

How big is baby? Butternut squash (holy cow, that is huge!)

Any appointments this week? Follow up ultrasound next Friday to check the placenta placement (*fingers crossed it has moved far from the cervix!*)

Symptoms? Heartburn, vacillating between insane hunger and aversion to all foods multiple times per day. At this point, there's pretty much no in between.

Cravings? Nothing specific, though I have a pretty intense sweet tooth (not that that's entirely unusual for me)

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

GTKY: Describe your dream house. Some must haves: huge kitchen with a massive island in the middle and a cute breakfast nook, open floor plan, lots of natural light, spacious fenced in yard. Definitely central A/C, and maybe a pool (depending on location of the house- I wouldn't want one in the midwest or anywhere I wouldn't be able to use it for much of the year). 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    How far along are you? 27 weeks

How big is baby? Cauliflower or bunch of bananas

Any appointments this week? Next Thursday, I meet with the midwife again. I think this will be my last appointment on the every 4 weeks schedule. We are almost to every 2 weeks. 

Symptoms? Kicks are getting stronger. I saw my belly skin move last night when he jabbed me. I'm starting to get back aches, but it's not constant. 

Cravings? Again, nothing specific. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have today off work, because we had parent/teacher conferences this week. I'm so glad to be off. 

GTKY: Describe your dream house. In fantasy land, I'd have a castle with lots of land, and a Beauty and the Beast style library. The castle would have modern conveniences but a romantic, antique feel. my bathroom would have a huge bathtub with a fireplace nearby. My kitchen would have multiple ovens for hosting holiday dinners easily. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27 weeks.

How big is baby? Head of lettuce

Any appointments this week? No, just glucose testing.

Symptoms? red patches on my cheeks, foot cramps, some stretching pains.

Cravings? Nothing too bad this week.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am currently doing the 3 hour glucose test and I am already cranky about it and thought I was about to (TMI?) throw up. The only positive so far today is that they actually have free wi-fi. 

GTKY: Describe your dream house. I would like a good sized house on about 10-15 acres. The house itself would have 4-5 bedrooms, a large kitchen, and many other add-ons. DH would like a pool, but I could pass on that. I think I more concerned about the land being a pretty place for the kiddos to grow up on and have adventures.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27 weeks.

How big is baby? Head of lettuce

Any appointments this week? Not until next week.

Symptoms? Some leg pain, red patches on my cheeks, not much else

Cravings? Nah

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing comes to mind. I'm boring this week. 

GTKY: Describe your dream house.
    My dream house would have a gorgeous kitchen with a big island and a nice pantry. I'd like a large master bedroom with a decent bathroom and big closet. I'd like to have 3 bedrooms upstairs and a big playroom downstairs. A big backyard with a nice deck would be great too. Ideally, I'd like all of this to be on a lake....Not going to happen, but a girl can dream!
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 27 weeks! (I'm thrilled to be at that 90% mark, if you know the chart I'm referring to)

How big is baby? Head of lettuce, almost 2 pounds!

Any appointments this week? I had my first PT appt for my hip and apparently I have bursitis, which is a wicked inflammation of the helpful cushion between the bone and muscle, so it can't do its job, like, at all. It's awesome that with all the tenderness, inflammation, and sharp pains that I can't take my beloved ibuprofen---oh, how I miss you!

Symptoms? Mostly focusing on the hip pain right now. Tons of baby movement, though, which keeps my mind from going to that horrible place of what-ifs and oh-nos. Every squirm, flutter, kick, and punch puts me in my place, of knowing that everything is fine and I'm doing what I can right now to be healthy. (Need to start training for the marathon of labor, though...)

Cravings? Still with the Mrs Thinster's chocolate-chip cookies and outshine bars. I can't. get. enough.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: I love our BMB. I actually feel a lot of support and helpfulness emanate from all the posts and convos. Other months and other folks make it clear that they treat these boards as strictly a social gathering, and they kind of expect all the cattiness and craziness that comes with it. But I really do feel like I'm surrounded by a wonderful group of talented, educated, experienced, helpful, and thoughtful women (I'm pretty sure there's no guys here? but I might be wrong) and I appreciate that it has helped me get to the halfway point and beyond so far with my sanity (mostly) intact. IRL I have no pregnant friends, so I love it.

GTKY: Describe your dream house. I love everyone's answers so far! I'd like a little more space than what we currently have, but not too much more, because I know myself and I'd just fill it up with more crap we don't need. Maybe another bedroom. Maybe a bigger yard. Definitely more closets!