May 2017 Moms
Options

Bringing Home Baby Outfits

edited February 2017 in May 2017 Moms
Let's see those sweet outfits you have to bring baby home in! Details on where you got it would be awesome too! 
Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
DS2 5/17
#3 Due 9/20
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bringing Home Baby Outfits

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will probably use a sleeper too. I feel like their skin is still so new and sensitive i like to cover them up as much as possible while also being able to put them in the car seat. 
  • Options
    @swe2 I love that! Thanks for sharing. I just ordered the moon and stars. 
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I love that gown set but I agree that gowns can be pretty tricky in a car seat! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    Darn! Off to Etsy I go...
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Loving everyone's outfits! 

I had basically this set (it was giraffes in 2015) to take home DS last time and the little socks are the absolute best thing. They are only little socks that fit snug on a newborn foot. It can also convert to a gown. I may buy this set just for the socks, but I also want something a bit different for this little guy for his "mug shot" hospital photo and his take home outfit. 

@melonmug I have never heard of that website! That romper is adorable! Away I go to shop! 

@nda_roxybabe Yeah gowns are kinda a bummer for a carseat. Great for home though! Some convert back and forth, so that could be worth checking out. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited February 2017
    I talked about this on Tuesday Ticker this week, but I have recently become OBSESSED with Kickee Pants. If you are still looking for something, they have several outfit options and the prints are endless. You won't find a softer material! (They tend to run small, so consider sizing up.)  

https://www.kickeepants.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=301 (Side snap shirt sets)

https://www.kickeepants.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=306 (Footies and Coveralls)

@mcvgal - We had the footie/sleeper in that same print for DS (maybe 3-6 mos). I LOVE that brand, and I loved to put him in it. Such a sweet color and so soft! 
  • Options
    Question: Do you need to worry about the umbilical cord in the beginning? I've been trying to get separates for baby's first 1-2 weeks. Does this not matter? I don't want something to rub against that little nub!
  • Options
    @BeachMommy2B Okay, thanks! Now I need to rethink my whole bringing-home-baby outfit plan! I guess that just means more shopping. :)
  • Options
    @hp_momma & @WombThereItIs Same, I left DS in what they put him in (diaper and kimono shirt wrapped in a blanket) until it was time to go. They have to mess with him too often to have real clothes on. This baby is going to be getting a hard core 2nd child treatment with nearly nothing new, so I am hoping to have at least one newborn outfit that will have been just his and set aside a few special outfits of DS' so that new baby doesn't wear them. 
    DD2 still wears 95% of her sisters hand-me-downs! She has no idea although I know that will change as they get closer to teenagers. It is hard to not want to buy new stuff for DD2 so I do pick up a few things here and there! Now that this one is a boy I have to buy pretty much everything new and I'm realizing how nice it was to have such a huge supply of clothes already for DD2! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @hp_momma DH and I are realizing that this LO is set for clothes for years to come! She's definitely getting big sisters hand me downs, it'll really save us a lot of money. We have felt a little guilty already and she isn't even here yet but we have gotten a few outfits of her own! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    I think I may have 1 or 2 sleepers and about 10 summer outfits for DD. I'll porbably put her in a cute sleeper and hat. 

Maybe I am way behind on buying things?
    My shower is still 2 weeks away and we have a rock N play, bassinet, 1 pack of diapers, 2 blankets and a dozen outfits.

• Options
    lrwardrop said:
    Gowns would be tricky in a car seat @nda_roxybabe because you'd have to hike it up to get the buckle done between baby's legs. 

Last time we brought a couple of sleepers and out him in whatever when we left. That's probably our plan this time too since baby just rocked a diaper and swaddle during the hospital stay (and for like 2 weeks at home) 

I feel the same way. I don't know why but I don't care about having a special coming home outfit. Baby just needs something comfy to wear. Likely the outfit will be changed shortly after we get home due to milk, spit up or poop.
    Phew, glad I'm not the only one. I hadn't put any thought into a particular outfit to bring the baby home in.
  • Options
    @erinh2005 I'm surprised purple has been hard to find. We have a couple of nb onesies that are purple from when we had DD. Where have you looked so far?

Im just whatever on a special outfit. I dont even remember what DD wore when we brought her home. I do remember that I packed at least one short sleeved onesie in nb and 0-3 and one long sleeve in both sizes bevause the weather in CA can be very warm in the day but chilly in the evening. I will probably do the same with this one.

• Options
    @pshaortao I'm leaning towards short sleeves because Phoenix. At the same time, AC gets cold. Hmm..
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I'm in the group with everyone who leaves LO in the hospital kimono and swaddle while still there. The nurses seem to appreciate it and while I was getting use to feeding it was nice not to be getting spit up on our own stuff.
    As far as going home, I think I'll just copy what I did with DD and pick some soft footie pajamas.
    This, 100 percent the same for me. Also I'm with chicky-clog on the mom guilt for not having a true going home pic. We were ready to bolt! H got the carseat and came back to the room. We put the LO in the carseat and packed up everything else and tried to flag down a nurse to check him, then he got hungry again, so another 20 mins later, we did it all over again (into carseat, find a nurse), all while the car sat in the no parking zone because H thought we'd be right down, oops. I didn't even think about a pic until we were back home. Maybe things will be smoother this time around?
  • Options
    @fbmandy55 - You don't sound behind at all. You will probably receive entirely way too many clothes at you shower because people love to give them. And as long as you have a couple of blankets and a place for baby to sleep in, I would just wait until after your shower to buy anything else. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    vrj0522 said:
    @fbmandy55 - You don't sound behind at all. You will probably receive entirely way too many clothes at you shower because people love to give them. And as long as you have a couple of blankets and a place for baby to sleep in, I would just wait until after your shower to buy anything else. 
    Agreed. I've bought a bunch of clothes for the baby, but not much else. No diapers or gear, just the big nursery items like the crib, dresser, and glider. My shower isn't for another month and a half, so I'm anxiously awaiting that time to figure out what else I'll need to buy.