August 2017 Moms

Wednesday ticker change 2/15

This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 2, Aug 9, Aug 16, Aug 23, Aug 30

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Favorite store to shop at when not pregnant?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wednesday ticker change 2/15

• This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 2, Aug 9, Aug 16, Aug 23, Aug 30

How far along are you? 
    16 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    Avocado

Not till next week

Still all the nausea. Seriously I thought this would go away in 2nd trimester.
    on a bright side, I think I'm feeling baby move.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    See above
    Is 4 weeks too early for the baby to go to daycare? Found a daycare that will accept baby at 4 weeks
    The Loft and Victoria's Secret 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? 

13 weeks!

How big is baby? 
    A lemon
    None this week but we got our panorama results back last Friday so that's when we started telling more people. And we found out it's a boy!

Just still soooo tired in the evenings 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?

@Kathryn0903 - 4 weeks would be really tough! If I remember the first round of vaccinations are at 6 weeks so I would wait for that. You may not even feel recovered to work yet at 4 weeks and the sleep deprivation is real. Do what's best for your family though !
    Loft for me too!

• Loading the player...
  • This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 2, Aug 9, Aug 16, Aug 23, Aug 30

How far along are you? 
    15+1

How big is baby? 
    Peach

The 22nd

Having a lot of nausea still. And some indigestion and heartburn that I didn't have with dd. Also feeling LOTS OF flutters. Love that part.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I am starving constantly. And I'm trying so hard not to gain as much this time around. Having a hard time finding things I can stomach and that will keep me full!
    I really shop at a variety of places. There's a store here called Long Tall Sally for tall women and I love that store. I live in business clothes for work so I probably only own 2 outfits for lazy days. The rest is all business attire. Booooo.

• @Kathryn0903 there are definitely families that do have their LOs in daycare that early if the daycare will accept them. However, I agree with @bubblesmtu that 6 weeks is "better" since they have their vaccinations. Are you needing to return at 4 weeks for a specific reason?  Having had a csection myself, I don't think I'd have physically been ready to return at that times. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you? 15 weeks

How big is baby? Apple, lemon or navel orange depending on app

Just bloodwork.  Sadly have to go to two separate labs to get it all completed.

Does bitchiness count?  Lots of people are driving me nuts this week.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Favorite store to shop at when not pregnant?  Loft, JCrew, Gap.  Some TJ Maxx/ Marshalls
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bumpybump I teach college and semester starts end of August. It would be ideal to be back for the start of the semester, but I'm open to the fact that I may not be back and ready at the start of the semester. Daycare did say they prefer 6 weeks, but will accept a baby at 4 weeks as long as a doctor approves it. Now knowing that vaccines aren't till 6 weeks, it would probably be better to wait till then.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 14 weeks and the size of a peach. 

Next appt is not for a month at 18 weeks and we scheduled my 20 week ultrasound. 

No new symptoms. My insomnia is picking up, between 1am and 4am I have the hardest time getting back to sleep. 

I shared my rant in twatwaffle Tuesday... waiting over an hour to be seen at my appt yesterday. 

I like shopping at TJ Maxx, Burlington, Marshalls but they can be very hit or miss. If I'm looking for something specific Gap or Target. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• To add to my rant - the office that was supposed to do the nt scan/first trip screening never called to schedule an appt. I had called and they said they give me a call back once my file was reviewed. so now I only have the blood test but no ultrasound because they won't do it in the second trimester. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• How far along are you? 13 weeks! 

How big is baby? lemon or peach

Upcoming appointments this week? none until 16 weeks

Any new symptoms or changes? sensitive skin :( I have rashes all over from using a new product, and I have redness starting around my nose, which I hope isn't the beginnings of the "pregnancy mask"

Rants/Raves/Questions? my belly is growing oh-so incrementally, but my thighs seem to be softening and expanding by the minute! I used to bike every day, but the weather has been crap and I haven't trusted my balance (had a few bad wipe outs at 9ish weeks). I took that exercise for granted! I gotta get on the elliptical stat.

GTKY: Favorite store to shop at when not pregnant? H&M I'm cheap and I like basics. I used to dress really loud and crazy, I think I used that all up for my lifetime lol. 
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks with twins!  This will be last week posting here!

How big is baby? I have 2 lemons!

Upcoming appointments this week?  Not until March 3rd.

Any new symptoms or changes?  Im happy to say my energy is coming back little by little, but it's also bringing a little bit of heartburn with it.  I just carry tums with me in case of an emergency ;)

Rants/Raves/Questions?  My in-laws have been great helping me paint rooms and helping make room for the twins.  I don't have any questions right now.

GTKY: Favorite store to shop at when not pregnant?  I love J.Crew.  They do have maternity stuff but it seems to be just 2 pairs of realllllyyyy expensive pants that i can only wear for a few months.  no thanks. I did buy some maternity clothes at Loft though.  They are super cute and comfy.  Best when gotten on sale ;)
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers