September 2017 Moms

concerned

I'm 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I haven't been to the doctor since 8 weeks and 5 days. my concern is I'm not feeling very pregnant anymore and I'm soooo worried about it. my husband and I lost a baby July 29th around 8 weeks and I didn't feel pregnant anymore then either. is this normal ? I see that is is normal to start feeling "normal" towards the end of the first trimester but I just can't stop the worry. I also got a fetal doppler and am unable to find the hearbeat. my friend is a ultra sound tech and says that it's Normal not to hear it on bigger women with a fetal doppler till around 14 -15 weeks. any advice will do. thanks 

Re: concerned

• I know it's hard not to worry when you're PGAL. I too have had some weeks where I felt really good and was worried that something may be wrong with the baby. So far everything seems to be good. :) I would try not to worry yourself too much or search around for a heartbeat until you are a few weeks further along. 

I won't use a fetal Doppler for myself because I am a worrywart by nature and I feel like it will feed my anxiety instead of easing it. 

When is your next appointment? Have you had any spotting? 
  • no spotting cramping etc. last time I didn't miscarry naturally either the doc told me our baby stopped growing and I miscarried by medicine ( misoptostol worst thing I've ever done I'll never take that medicine again !!) but I guess because I'm not cramping bleeding etc. I'm worried the same thing that happend last time is happening now. The good thing is my appointment is thurs at 1030 thank goodness I'm not sure I could wait much longer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't feel pregnant either but I know the baby is ok. I had a miscarriage back in August around my sons 1st birthday so I know it's hard not to worry. My boobs are the only validation of me being pregnant because they have gotten huge. If you are worried call your dr better to be safe than sorry 
  • we don't have any children, been trying for 3 years together for 7 and finally got pregnant over the summer and lost our 1st angel baby. I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed. I'll let yall know how it goes. 
  • @aVr please let us know how it goes! I'll say a prayer for you 
  • @aVr step away from your home doppler! They aren't as sensitive (at least mine isn't!) as the hospital grade dopplers OBs use. Trying to find it yourself at home - when you might not even know what you're doing - isn't a good idea. My doppler is sitting in the basement. I'm not using it until I want to hear the HBs for fun, not reassurance. Don't stress yourself out and try not to worry. You only have a little longer to go until your appt. Hoping all goes well for you!
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• @aVr It's so hard not to read into everything when you're PGAL. My first pregnancy I had very few symptoms and felt fine until the swollen yucky 8 month mark and had a great birth to my DS. My second pregnancy I had lots of symptoms and thought things were progressing but had a MMC. This time I'm feeling good so far and barely feel pregnant. 

Symptoms don't necessarily correspond to the status of your pregnancy. Unless you're having cramping or heavy bleeding, try not to worry (easier said than done!)

Fingers crossed for you!  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @aVr I am feeling really concerned tonight too. I bought a home Doppler and got it in the mail today. I tried it a couple of hours ago and couldn't find anything other than my own heartbeat. I am 11+4. I'm having a lot of nausea, but now I'm worrying that it's all in my head and I'm not really having any symptoms,
    ! Worry makes me really irrational. I have my next appointment Thursday at 10:30 too! Fingers crossed for us both.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• I think it's normal to stop "feeling" pregnant around this time. But it won't be long before your pants stop fitting. You won't always feel pregnant, but you'll see it. I know there is nothing any of us can say, but bad/negative thoughts won't do anything for the outcome. Keep moving, eating healthy, getting plenty of rest, and taking care of yourself. Let your body take care of your LO. 

FWIW, I'm just over 9 weeks and the OB couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler at my appointment. She said she rarely can on any woman and 13ish weeks. I'm not a big woman at all. Don't let the doppler guide your worry. 

• I Feel your worry. I was just telling DH this weekend I felt really good and i was worried. The next day morning sickness came back with a vengeance. I have no additional advice than what's been given. Fingers crossed for your appointment. I'm sure it'll be all good. 

• edited February 2017
    I know it's hard not to worry when you've miscarried before, but it's normal to start feeling better and "not pregnant" at 11w3d. 2nd trimester is usually when women feel the best! And you're almost there. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Breathe easy, mama!  I'm sorry you're PGAL brain is causing worries.  I know the feeling all too well myself.  I had a similar experience recently, woke up and felt fine!  That caused my brain to go haywire!  Symptoms don't necessarily correspond to the baby's health.  When I called my doctor to report the lack of symptoms she said, "Good!  You'll get a reprieve!"  Hugs to you!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • @aVr Yay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Glad your mind can rest a little easier!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Glad to hear 
  • It always makes me feel better when things like this turn out okay! Glad you and your little baby are doing well!
  • Congrats @aVr! I'm glad things are going well :smiley:
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank God! I'm so glad I read the thread and found the good news in it :)

Wishing you a full term, happy healthy baby!!
  • Great! PGAL is hard. All of us that are going through it know that. Therapy can also be really helpful in managing anxiety. 
  • SummerGirl21SummerGirl21 member
    edited February 2017
    I'm happy for the good news!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy to hear happy news!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Yayyy!!! SO glad to hear!! Baby is lookin' great! The placenta may be starting to take over most of the work and that's why you're feeling less symptoms. ;)
    Mommy to Gabriel (12) and Isaiah (10) and Step-Mommy to Danely (17), Diego (9) and Leo (4). Trained doula going for certification!
    5 losses (2002-6 wks, 2004-9 wks, 2005-11 wks, 2015-7 wks & 5/27/2016-19 wks) 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay! So happy to hear. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers