Pregnant after a Loss

Weekend recap! 2/13

How was everyone's weekend?! 

Re: Weekend recap! 2/13

• It was a good weekend. We had a game night on Friday with a couple of friends and, on Saturday, a fellow PG friend and I went to pre-natal yoga. OMG - I'm in LOVE. It's not like I did a lot of yoga before but this was just awesome. I think we are going to go weekly now. We had a birthday dinner with friends on Saturday night and I was out WAY past my bedtime. Yesterday my DH and I came to the decision on our nursery furniture so that's exciting! 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @byrneme that's awesome about prenatal yoga! I wish I had tried it out in the second trimester and now I'm afraid it's too late. 

My weekend started off badly with some frustration with DH--we had to watch the online module for our half-day childbirth class on Saturday, and his attitude about doing it was so negative and cranky. He said he was ready to wing it as a coach and the online info was a waste of time. Of course that makes me feel like my fears about childbirth are also stupid and needless, and I told him that's how he was making me feel. That if he isn't on board to take his role seriously as my coach it adds to my fear and nervousness about the entire childbirth process. Fortunately after going through it, followed by the class Saturday morning and the birthing center tour, I think he came to realize there's a lot more to childbirth than he thought and that I'm incredibly nervous and don't know what to expect and he needs to really get with it to help me prepare and take his part seriously. So in the end it turned out well. But I still have no regrets and feel so much better about the fact that my mother will be my second coach. He just has a terrible bedside manner and not a lot of natural empathy. My mom is a tireless and focused beast in tough situations and I'm going to be so glad she's there. 

And then I got to enjoy baby girl having a dance party during the worship music at church yesterday. At one point she kicked or head butted me in the crotch so hard I doubled over. Hahaha. I have no idea what the people sitting behind me thought. Also DH made some good progress on the nursery. 

Sorry that was a book. But a good weekend overall. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @byrneme I wish I could get into yoga at all! I know it's good for you but omg I can't get over how it's all those slow movements. I'm always rushing rushing rushing and to slow down and do it right is like torture to me!

@hgrich I'm so sorry your DH didn't initially respond in a comforting way to the classes.  I'm glad to hear he started to come around, maybe after he has more time to digest all the new information he'll be even better. 

Mine was really productive and it felt so good!! We are having our kitchen updated and construction starts today. All weekend I was cleaning out the cabinets to give the guys room to work. I'm so excited, I've been waiting for this day since we bought the house four years ago! But man is it dusty in here!!!

We also took a tour of the hospital. It was pretty straight forward and really I just wanted to check out the rooms and see how to get to this hospital since I've never been before. 

• @byrnem Picking the nursery furniture is so exciting!!! Also, putting together the furniture was a really positive experience for my DH - I think it was the first time he felt "connected" to the pregnancy.
    @HGRich Your mom sounds awesome! I'm sorry your husband didn't respond well to the first part of the course, but happy he's on board now. I wonder if that was a bit of a defense mechanism for him? 
    @Bok Bagok The kitchen reno sounds so exciting! You certainly did have a productive weekend!

My weekend was relatively boring... I've had visitors almost every weekend recently, so it was nice to have a weekend at home. I washed, sorted, folded, and put away all the baby clothes we have so that felt really good - I can't believe how much clothes we have! Between hand-me-downs, gifts, and stuff I bought at Once Upon a Child (second-hand children/baby store), I think we are covered for the first year of this baby's life lol! 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 To be honest I really think some of his negativity is defensive. He prefers to avoid thinking in advance if he can help it, and he's feeling a lot of pressure at work and the fact that we have only nine weeks left. So I think that's getting to him. Plus he's recovering from being knock on his back by mono for three weeks and missing a lot of work. I do think a lot of it is stress and I'm trying to be understanding while also conveying to him how important it is that we're on the same page, and soon. 
  • @HGRich Yea I tend to think our DHs are similar in that regard... I was getting really frustrated with my husband's negativity when it came to talking about the baby - I would bring something up and he would go straight to the expense and how costly everything is and it was a downward spiral from there. I knew he was excited because he loves talking to the baby... but the negativity about everything else was really starting to rub me the wrong way (especially when I read about how wonderful everyone else's DHs have been). Finally, I called him out on it and he broke down and said he was so nervous to be a dad because he doesn't know how he can live up to be as good as his own dad and still provide for his family financially as well. I had never understood before that how much pressure he was feeling and how all the negativity was a defense mechanism for him... Once I understood that I found it so much easier to empathize with him. 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 yeah that does sound similar. I know he has a ton of pressure to provide, especially since we've always planned on me staying home while our kids are little, so we're about to go down to one salary. I just wish he hadn't put off all his reading up and house projects until the last two months, which only adds to his pressure. But all I can do for him at this point is encourage. Meanwhile I just want him to get his crap together so he can be there for me as I start freaking out and nesting soon! Haha. Glad you and your H were able to talk through that as well.