Options

Monday Ticker Change 2/13.

1. How far along?

2. Baby size?

3. Team pink, blue or green?

4. Appts this week?

5. Symptoms?

6. Rants/Raves?

7. What did you accomplish this week re: preparing for baby?

8. Are you taking any classes to prepare for your birth or for having a new baby? If so, what & when?

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.

Re: Monday Ticker Change 2/13.

• Options
    MWoodsideMWoodside member
    edited February 2017

1. 31 wks.

2. coconut.

3. pink.

4. none, next week is my next appt.

5. Shortness of breath has started, even running errands or going up/down the steps to do laundry. My husband told me yesterday I'm breathing like a rhinoceros, LOL. If I don't go to prenatal yoga weekly my back and neck bother me.

6. Rant- Baby moved into a malposition last week. Breech or some version of slanted transverse. I think she may have shifted out of that and into a somewhat head down position yesterday, I'll be waiting to see where I feel kicks today.

7. My mom very kindly sent me a check for some baby stuff, very unexpected. So we ordered some more newborn cloth diapers, a few pieces of basic clothing (sleepers, kimonos) on sale and we are watching for a good coupon for the infant car seat since ours has expired. We also had our last hypnobirthing refresher class.

8. Yes, we take a hypnobirthing class before each birth. This time, our teacher isn't officially teaching anymore, but she agreed to do a 2 session refresher for us, which was perfect. Each session was about 2.5 hrs and we practiced all the techniques and labor positions. I reread the hypnobirthing book and DH is more than halfway through. She recorded some tracks on my phone for me to practice with while DH is at work at night before bed. I've been listening to our hypnobirthing affirmations CD as I'm falling asleep at night.

Before DD1, we took a newborn essentials class (DH loved this as he was inexperienced with NB care), a breastfeeding class and a cloth diapering class. I am glad we did all 3, but we don't need to take any of those again at this point.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    HGRichHGRich member
    edited February 2017

1. How far along?  31 weeks--single digit weeks left! 

2. Baby size?  Football, giant tub of Nutella....

3. Team pink, blue or green?  Pink

4. Appts this week?  Nope this is off week.

5. Symptoms? Intense RLP, lightning crotch, sciatic pain off and on, back pain, heartburn/reflux still bad, shortness of breath, hip pain, fatigue, irritability, all kinds of things.

6. Rants/Raves?  The nursery is making slow but steady progress. DH complains that new problems pop up and it will take him longer than he thought. I'm a mean wife and remind him that I TOLD him to start on it eleven weeks ago. Also I'm taking bets on how many times he's going to run to Lowe's for a new tool or item he forgot he needed.  :D

7. What did you accomplish this week re: preparing for baby?  We had our childbirth class, and our birthing center tour two days ago. My mom is coming to visit this weekend for my first baby shower and since she's my second birthing coach I plan to talk to her about my birth plan and expectations on visitors and such. My Amazon discount becomes available on Thursday so I plan to order my breast pump (wanted the discount just in case it's not fully covered) and the bassinet and the car seat and stroller. 

8. Are you taking any classes to prepare for your birth or for having a new baby? If so, what & when?  Yes; childbirth class as above, which made me feel much more comfortable about my options. We have a baby care class next Tuesday. And then DH was sick for the last breastfeeding class they offered and they don't have another one until twelve days before she's due.... so I may end up taking the online course sooner. I'm glad they have that option. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. How far along?  31 weeks

2. Baby size?  Asparagus? Really TB? That seems like a weird comparison...

3. Team pink, blue or green?  Pink

4. Appts this week?  Nope - next week I do and then I think I start going every 2 weeks.

5. Symptoms? Just this stupid sinus/ear infection that won't go away. 

6. Rants/Raves?  The nursery is pretty much done - just need to order the name for above her crib. We're slowly ticking items off the to-do list but I still don't feel nearly as prepared as I did for DS (weird, I know...).  I think it's just bc with everything I keep saying "Eh, we will figure it out - we have done this before..." 

7. What did you accomplish this week re: preparing for baby?  I washed and put away clothes for her and put all of the other hand me downs in storage containers in her closet.  We did buy some diapers so at least we have that part done. Not much else got done this week... 

8. Are you taking any classes to prepare for your birth or for having a new baby? If so, what & when?  I want to take a breastfeeding class but I haven't exactly scheduled one yet - gotta get on that!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1. How far along? 33 weeks

2. Baby size? who knows, every app is different and seemingly inaccurate. Estimated fetal weight from my growth US last weeks says 5 lbs 2 ounces.

3. Team pink, blue or green? blue

4. Appts this week? yes on Wednesday, I really hope my OB is there.  He wasn't the last 2 times and although I love the NP, I have questions for him!

5. Symptoms? no new symptoms, but the sciatica is getting worse as is the carpal tunnel and meralgia parasthetica. All of which WERE feeling a lot better and less frequent due to the magnesium, but not so much now.

6. Rants/Raves? Rant: I had a field trip with the kiddos today where we walked around in the heat from 9:30-1:30 and I feel like I was run over my a truck!  I haven't been this sore/in pain all pregnancy.  And I have ANOTHER field trip tomorrow!  Luckily it's only 2 hours and indoors.  Rave: My principal agreed to let a 2nd grade teacher take my kiddos to our field trip in March while I stay in her room and watch her kids.  That way I don't have to walk around all day again.

7. What did you accomplish this week re: preparing for baby? a *little more organizing in the nursery

8. Are you taking any classes to prepare for your birth or for having a new baby? If so, what & when?  No, and I hope I don't regret it. But I'm a HUGE researcher.  I have watched countless hours of videos on everything pregnancy, labor, delivery, complications, post partum, baby stuff!  DH and I have our OB tour this coming Saturday...does that count lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Late to the game this week

1. How far along? 30 weeks

2. Baby size? I don't remember, these things seem to blur at this point

3. Team pink, blue or green? Blue

4. Appts this week? Had one on Wednesday.  Got to see our little one!  and his huge head!  96 percentile for head.  Should I be worried?  

5. Symptoms?  I think I'm becoming bitchy which makes me feel bad.  Other than that just some bad heartburn and trouble sleeping

6. Rants/Raves?  My shower is on Sunday!!  I am so excited! 

7. What did you accomplish this week re: preparing for baby?  Got the TDAP vaccine 

8. Are you taking any classes to prepare for your birth or for having a new baby? If so, what & when?

We signed up for a labor class, breastfeeding class, and I'm going to sign up for a newborn class all through our hospital.  They are set up so I start them at week 33 and finish by week 36