Options

Fit Mama Check-In: Feb 13th!

Happy Monday, Ladies!

1: How far along are you/weeks left to go
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: Any new challenges or needed modifications you want to share?
?

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
!

6: 
Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

7: GTKY: any Valentine's Day plans, and/or traditions?
?

8: challenge chatter---> How's it going?  Today: SQUATS Day 29 Tricep Dips day #1!

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: Feb 13th!

• Options
    1: How far along are you/weeks left to go? 35 weeks and 2 days. Hopefully this baby is coming sooner rather than later. 

? If possible I'd like to go to the gym twice plus my yoga class. Although, this week is a bit full on and with my energy levels the past few days not sure how realistic that is.

3: How was last week? Last week was okay. Technically I met my goal of 2 gym workouts and yoga, but it was a push for sure. I only went to the gym last night because DH drug me out with him. (he didn't really drag me out... I more just went because he was going). My energy levels have been so low lately, that I feel like I can get in one activity a day (whether that's work, or gym or a social event) and that's me done for the whole day. 

? Just adjusting to my energy levels. trying not to be too hard on myself if I don't get the things done I want to get done. 

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
    ! Stayed in the majority of the weekend and had movie marathons with DH. It was super windy and rainy here all weekend so it kind of sucked going outside. 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I'm really struggling to stay motivated to keep going into work lately. I'd much rather spend my time and energy on doing things for myself and baby instead of going into the office. My last day is March 3rd, so I only have three more weeks, but that feels like an eternity. 

? DH and I don't really celebrate valentine's day. I have to work until 9pm that night, so our treat will probably just getting some nice take-out food and eating it at home. 

8: challenge chatter---> How's it going?  Today: SQUATS Day 29 Tricep Dips day #1! yeah.... so I've not been doing great with sticking with these challenges.... BUT I have been doing squats in general most days. Going to try to stick with the triceps challenge the best I can. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited February 2017
    @kjd291 SOOOO excited for you that you're so close!! I felt the same way as you with this past week & feeling worn out and tired most days. Hope your appt today goes well!

@npaulie same with the energy levels and also feeling un-motivated about work lately! I've been counting down my "work days" left and just not feeling like putting forth any extra effort really. 

? 34 weeks tomorrow! I'm counting 37 as being term so potentially (hoping for) only 3 weeks left!

? stretch more, squats/pelvic floor exercises, 3 days of yoga videos...but also listening to my body and not pushing myself too much as I've been having a lot of pain all over and generally feeling sore more often than not.

3: How was last week? Eh. Like I mentioned above, feeling drained most days and not up for more than my usual work/errands/daily activities. Other than that, I only did a yoga video one day, took my dog to the dog park another day, & spent another afternoon at the SPCA walking dogs.

? #2^

! Keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to fit in a manicure tomorrow morning before work. Although now that I can't wear my rings anymore I don't know if I want my hands photographed anymore on Wednesday during our maternity shoot haha....The maternity photos will definitely be a treat though, even though DH doesn't see the point as he says (really he just doesn't like getting his picture taken most of the time because he's self conscious about his hair line lol) but I'm really looking forward to that this week! 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I went to the movies last night for the first time in forever - went with my mom to see A Dog's Purpose and I went through all the tissues I brought and then some...I don't know if pregnancy hormones make me extra emotional reading books/watching movies lately, but I've never cried so much through any movie and experienced the same thing when I read the book a few weeks ago.

? Nope. Since my birthday is only 5 days after Valentine's, in the past DH has occasionally gotten me flowers or a card or cupcakes as a "V-day/B-day" joint present, but lately we haven't been exchanging gifts for any holidays so I'm not expecting/wanting anything this year. I guess him going along with the maternity pictures counts though haha

8: challenge chatter---> How's it going?  Today: SQUATS Day 29 Tricep Dips day #1! Gonna go get my squats in now and looking forward to the Tricep Dips challenge!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

? 34 weeks tomorrow - so this baby is coming within the next 6 weeks since I know they won't let me get past 40 weeks! 

? I really liked @vino831's analogy last week of pre-baby working out leading up to labor being like training for a marathon. In that sense I think soon I am approaching the "taper" phase to let my body rest up for labor after putting in all the hard work! I'm going to shoot for 3 days this week max, plus ending the squats and starting tricep dips. And need to drink more water. I was good for a while, now I feel like I'm slacking...

3: How was last week? Surprisingly good. I had good energy and worked from home a lot, so without having to do that dreadful commute, I dropped in on CF 3times since the workouts where easy to scale back but still get sweaty. 

? Nothing really new. I've stopped running though. With this weather and my growing belly, it's no longer comfortable. 

! I had my 2nd shower with DH's family this weekend. It was so nice, and my sister brought dessert from an italian bakery in Boston! OMW it was good. So I treated myself a lot. ;) Also was 100% on board with the epsom bath/half a glass of red wine idea and I had a nice relaxing time following the shower, since there were 40 people there, so many people to talk to, I was on my feet a lot. And, if you read in the random thread, a friend's baby fell out of her arms and down a flight of stairs during the shower so it was very worrying. But the baby is ok, so thankful. 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I'm still concerned about weather baby is breech or not. It feels like he has flipped up and down at least a few times since he was seen breech on my u/s the week before last. I have an appt Thursday and I THINK right now he's head down again, but sometimes he also seems transverse and I feel kicking way out on my sides? 

? We don't make it a big day since my birthday is a couple weeks after and we save our nice dinner out for that. DH usually gets flowers, and even though I feel like the whole concept of the day is pretty cheesy, I do appreciate the bouquet. :) 

8: challenge chatter---> How's it going?  Today: SQUATS Day 29 Tricep Dips day #1! I loved the squats! I missed a few days since I made up for them in crossfit WODs that had lots of rounds of weighted squats - but overall it felt good to be prepping for labor this way! Tricep dips are gonna be tough, but they don't look too bad to start out! Will be good to mix back in some more upper body! 
  • Options
    @jenny0228 great job on the workouts! Hope your baby stays head down & you'll get some reassurance at your appt Thursday! The last two appt's I've had the doctor has told me my LO is head down but there's still plenty of time for him to switch positions - they'll do an US after 36 weeks to check the position the final time since he shouldn't move after that they said. So glad you had a nice shower and got to relax after too!! I was so worried when I read about the fall in the other thread, I'm so thankful the baby is alright!! Super scary to think about that kind of stuff happening.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @npaulie hope March 3rd speeds along, and work is a good combo of steady busy but not too stressful so it will here before you know it!! 

@serenity13 happy early birthday! And I hope you can squeeze in the nail appointment-can't wait to see your pics!!

@jenny0228 glad you had a good week of workouts and a nice shower! And yay for wine and baths!! :] hope you can figure out LOs positioning soon so you can stop feeling anxious about it!  ((I feel you though! I know mine is head down, but still constantly confused about where exactly she is because there's feet or elbows or who knows what pushing every which way! I thought I'd be better at identifying things with a second pregnancy-but I'm clueless! HAha.
  • Options
    Squats, triceps, and (half because I'm crazy, half because you guys motivate me to do more than I think I could accomplish) 39wk 1day, 40min cardio/strength workout DONE!! Whoop whoop! 

• Options
    @kjd291 you are doing AMAZING! Everytime I go to TB these past few days I wonder if I'll see your name in the birth announcements! SO exciting... I can't wait to hear your news!  :)

@serenity13 YAY for your shoot coming up on Wednesday - that's going to be great! I had to take off my rings too, somedays I feel like I could fit them on, but too afraid to chance it! 

@npaulie you're getting so close to your maternity leave, only a few weeks to go! I know what you mean though - 3 weeks can seems so close and so far at the same time... 
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Hi my Fit Momma Friends!!! So exciting to know that we are ALMOST THERE!! You are all amazing. SO VERY GRATEFUL for this group to keep me inspired and accountable.  THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!

@kjd291 ... BEYOND anxious for you!!! Wow! Wow! Wow! Like @jenny0228 I am always hopping on here to find out if your baby has arrived!!! <3 

@npaulie ..You're doing great! It's amazing how we have some good days and some bad days and some good weeks and some bad weeks.... Our bodies are working such overtime. Keep your head up!! :)

@serenity13 ... HOW EXCITING!! Have so much fun at your maternity shoot!!! Can't wait to see the pics! Will it be outdoors or indoors? Do you have outfit changes? YAY! I can't wait to see A Dog's Purpose! We have the amazon firestick so we watch most movies at home but for some reason the stream for A Dog's Purpose is taking forever to show up. Maybe I can convince hubby to actually go the theater tomorrow for Valentine's Day :)

@jenny0228 ... Which bakery in Boston? I miss the North End!! Hope your 2nd shower was a blast!! Quick question (if it's ok to ask) ... why are they not letting you go past 40 weeks? Hope everything's ok!!!

1: How far along are you/weeks left to go? 36 weeks & 4 days !! 24 days til date... but my prediction is that we'll go late. I'm hoping for 3/13 :)

? To continue doing what I've been doing.... Aim for 4 but be satisfied with 3!
    MON: CrossFit / Cardio (DONE!)
    TUES: Cardio
    WED: CrossFit / Cardio
    THURS: OFF
    FRI: CrossFit / Cardio

3: How was last week? Not as well as I would've liked.... I did 2 CrossFit classes and 1 Upper Body / Cardio workout. I felt a bit tired & achy last week, so I just sleep most days, LOL. 

! Well my maternity photo shoot ended up getting rescheduled because of the rain.... but I still took advantage of my hair appointment and got my hair cut & colored. I figured it'll be a bit before I'm able to do that again! Here's a pic of my new do!! :) 

My photo shoot was rescheduled for this Friday, HOWEVER... forecast is now showing RAIN all day FRI, SAT, & SUN! What the heck??????? I feel like I'm back in New England!!!

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Oh my gosh, I have so many rants from this past week...... don't even know where to start!! AAAGH!!!!! Maybe I'll make a separate post about it!! 

? We are having dinner in Pasadena at our fave Greek restaurant.... it was also where we had our first "official" date... I say "official" because that's where we went for the first time AFTER we both proclaimed our love for one another, LOL. (We had gone out a few times prior but as friends) And if Hubby agrees, we'll head to the iPic theatre which is right across the way from the restaurant. Do you guys know about iPic? It's a cool underground theatre with big leather recliners and personal service (drinks, snacks, full meals ets) They also provide blankets and pillows.... it's pretty divine! :)

• Options
    @triwellnessgirl I've never heard of iPic, but it sounds so so awesome! 
    You look stunning!! Loving the hair!! I'm sorry your maternity pics keep getting moved due to weather :[ hope you can find a time with some sun that works before baby arrives!! You're getting so close to the end too! 24days!? Yay!! And, Great job as always with your workouts!! 

((I suddenly realize the only punctuation I ever use in this thread is punctuation marks!!! Hah))  
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl you are absolutely glowing! SO jealous of your SoCal tan!! I feel like I am basically neon white by March, I may start glowing in the dark soon if I get any more pale. So sorry your shoot was rescheduled, hopefully it doesn't rain this weekend for you! At least its not snowing!! And great job as always with the workouts!!

The bakery in the North End is Maria's. SO GOOD. I know everyone covets Mike's Pastry, but I think Maria's is better. Their ricotta pie is a dream.

And they won't let me go past 40 weeks due to my age. I know you and I are very similar ages so I guess it's a difference of the practices of our OB offices, also I work with the doctors as opposed to midwifes so I guess they are more on the side of intervention? I was surprised when I heard it but I would rather get baby out in the world sooner than later so I'm hoping I go into labor naturally before that date, but if not, I'll take the induction. :)
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl SO beautiful!!! Hope the weather clears up on Friday for you so you can get your maternity photos exactly as you want them to be! Ours are going to be at a huge local garden area, both outdoor & indoor since they have so many nice areas inside filled with flowers (no flowers out this time of year around here) we're going early in the morning so I'm hoping we'll be able to do an outfit change since it shouldn't be busy, but we're not supposed to since apparently it's against the rules at the garden? lol oh well if we can't I'll just be wearing a green dress. Can't decide if I should try to wear heels, flats, or boots...I haven't worn heels my entire pregnancy though so I feel like I'll probably trip & fall if I attempt it haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so excited, Ladies!! We finally received our nursery furniture today!!!! Here are some quick pics, but note…. Wall mural (to go over the dresser) will be painted this weekend, Glider will be arriving in a few weeks, and we still need to decorate, put up curtains, overhead lighting, and change out furniture knobs (all once Baby is born & we know if we have a Boy or Girl!) but it's coming along!!!!! Hooray for Baby!!! 

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Thank you @kjd291 ,  @jenny0228 , & @serenity13 for the sweet compliment :) Funny thing is, I feel soooooooooooo pale!!! I haven't been in the sun AT ALL since being we returned from Turks & Caicos in July and found out I was pregnant. It's crazy how pale I am compared to how dark my skin usually is, LOL… I think that's why the veins on my belly are SO obvious!!!! 
  • Options
    @jenny0228 …. I've heard of Maria's!! Hope you enjoyed the dessert!!!!!! :):):)
    And I didn't realize that about our age! Yeah, my Midwife hasn't said anything to me about inducing if I go late, and my Doula has been pounding into my brain that I may go as far as 42 weeks….. that Full-term is now 39-42 weeks  and to not be made to feel guilty to go sooner. Hubby and I also watched "The Business of Being Born" yesterday, which is making me pray even more that I don't need any intervention! I really hope Baby cooperates!!!
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl omg love the nursery!! It's so cute!! And I feel you ladies feeling pale. At least everyone else here is super pale so it makes me feel normal, haha. 

@serenity13 can't wait to hear about/see photos from your photo shoot!! Hopefully no one will be there to give you hassle about the outfit change. 

@jenny0228 fair play making it to CF 3x. I like your reminder from @vino831 about this being a marathon. Depending how the next week or two go goes, I may just switch to at home prenatal yoga videos instead of gym workouts. 

@kjd291 that's so cute about your DD praying for baby every night. I bet she'll be a great big sister. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kjd291 that's so sweet your little lady is praying for her little sister! And nice you get to see her on Valentine's day! :-)

@serenity13 funny story....maternity photos is how I got my rings stuck on me last pregnancy! I insisted on wearing my rings for my photo shoot. I was 37 weeks. It was August. So be smarter than me - don't push them haha! ;-) Really hope you have an awesome shoot!

@jenny0228 sounds like you had an awesome shower followed by some relaxation! Scary about the baby I'll have to go read the story. So glad the little one is okay. Had to be scarey for that mama.

@triwellnessgirl looking stunning mama!! I've been to theaters similar but never one that gave you pillows and blankets! Sounds amazing! But your nursey!!! So sweet!!! <3

1: How far along are you/weeks left to go? 37w2d today! I constantly think shell be here early but am hoping for later!

? Stretch, hydrate, yoga, squat and arm challenge. Arm challenge, lots of streching, 2 days of stroller strides (Monday done!! I forgot how awesome it feels to start the week out right!) Yoga tonight.

3: How was last week? I was happy to get the workouts in that I did. I can say I'm fully healed thabk goodness. I've uped everything possible to try to prevent that from happening again. 

? I feel slow! Haha! At SS yesterday we did a count down drill. Starting from 10 - 1. Squats, pushups and situps (I did side to side ankle touches instead) I was doing the exercises fine but it was getting back up to do the squats that slowed me down. So I just ended up going from pushups to planks and starting to get up a little earlier for the squats. 

My cousin treate me this week! She sent me 5 banners that she made with positive affirmations for pregnancy, Labor and even postpardum! It's seriously the most thoughtful gift I think I've ever received! I'll try to add a couple pics

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I think 5 covers this! :-)

? . My husband took the day off! Which is a total shock! So I got to sleep in a bit, took DS to Gymboree to play and now heading out to do a little shopping :-)

8: challenge chatter---> How's it going?  Today: SQUATS Day 29 Tricep Dips day #1! I Obv wasn't able to keep up for the last 10 days or so but am doing extra to try to feel at least a little accomplished with them!
  • Options
    So... tripped and fell walking to work today right after buying man flowers for DH (i.e. A case of craft beers).... just spent the last 90 minutes being monitored at the hospital. Luckily baby is okay, but I twisted my ankle and totally busted up my knee. There goes any exercise the rest of the week.

THEN, on my way home I saw a car hit a cyclist!!

Can I get a do over on today?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @npaulie aww, girl! I'm sorry! Glad everything is okay though! Hope you can heal up really fast! Hope your DH realizes he is a lucky man!

@vino831 glad you're having a good start to the week! Hurrah for sleeping in and getting some "me" time! Hope you enjoy shopping!
  • Options
    @npaulie omg how scary! So glad you & your baby are ok & hope your leg & ankle heal quickly!! Hope the cyclist you saw get hit was ok too!

@vino831 so glad you're feeling better & had a great start to your week! Yes I'm scared to force my rings on again, I wish they could photoshop them in haha

@triwellnessgirl I love your nursery!! Looks so nice!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @serenity13    I wore mine around my neck on a nice silver chain for most of my pregnancy with DD - maybe you could do that to include them in a different way?
  • Options
    @npaulie So happy to hear you and Baby are OK! So scary!!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. More just embarrassed about having fallen. Why is it that falling always makes us feel embarrassed? 

Anyway, hope you ladies are having a fab day, and getting your workouts on!! May try to do some basic stretching still tomorrow to stay limber. Thank you ladies for being so awesome!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @npaulie I'm so glad you and baby are ok- but bummer about your ankle and knee! I hope it heals quickly- sounds like you are always walking everywhere so I hope it doesn't slow you down too much. "Man Flowers" - that's amazing! 

@vino831 glad you are all healed up and got to sleep in today!!! 

I have not not yet worked out this week aside from squats and arm challenge- hoping to get a little cardio in at the work gym tomorrow....my restless leg thing really acts up when I don't work out enough! 
  • Options
    @serenity13 You look beautiful in this week's HDBD pic!!! Love that dress and great choice on the heels!!! You must've had so much fun!!!!

We have to reschedule our shoot this Friday AGAIN (for the 3rd time!!!) more crazy rain!! But we saw rebooked for next Fri.... weather's looking beautiful next week!!! yay!
  • Options
    @vino831 !!! I just noticed your maternity pic in the AW thread too! WOW! Gorgeous!!
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl yay for good weather next week but so sorry you have to keep putting it off! We still haven't taken photos yet either, DH was going to take some of us together with his nice film cameras but it just keeps snowing! 

@serenity13 and @vino831 I agree ^ you both look amazing in your pics! 

I've had a pretty lazy week ladies.. REALLY low energy over here, plus getting home late from work a couple of days. Going to crossfit at 9a though to get some blood moving! It's so funny how I declared I was done with it 4 or 5 weeks ago.  I think I just had a few bad workouts and got discouraged. I haven't been doing spin, I feel like every time I went, baby felt like he flipped that day. I'm incredibly superstitious so I haven't been back to spin since!  :| 

@npaulie how is your leg doing after your fall? 
    @kjd291 did you make it through another snow storm? 
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl thank you so much! It was really nice, even though DH was so against having the pictures taken I'm glad he went along with it and glad we got to use the location we did. I hope the 3rd time will be the charm for your shoot & hope the nice weather in the forecast comes true for you!
    I was feeling less swollen yesterday morning so I actually did end up wearing my rings for one final time...might try your recommendation @kjd291 with wearing them on a necklace chain the rest of the pregnancy. :)

You guys. I am SUCH a slacker. :'(  I haven't done a true workout since last week and haven't started the tricep challenge yet so today I'm going to do days 1-4 for the challenge and will do a full yoga video this morning too. I planned to do a workout video last night but was just too exhausted (but DH & I finally did have sex so maybe that counts as a mini workout session lol). I've been doing great the last few weeks with drinking a ton of water but feeling just too tired/sore to do anything extra for activity and I need to get back on track. So I'm hoping that writing it on here will help keep me more accountable!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jenny0228 ankle is mostly better, but my knee still hurts. Hoping it'll be mostly be better by Monday. 

@serenity13 if it makes you feel better, I haven't done a single workout this week. Partly because I fell. But also even if I hadn't, it's just been one of those weeks I've been lacking energy. I'm contemplating taking a SECOND nap today, haha. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not glad everyone is having a rough lazy week - but glad you all are mostly okay taking it easy!! This is the last leg of our journey ladies!! A little rest is good! Take advantage of those nap times!!

@npaulie  I'm glad you're ankle is doing better! Hope your knee quickly follows suit!
    Its so annoying but true that often our pride takes the biggest hit with things like that! I know I felt the T way about fainting too--Moreno embarrassedthan anything.

@Jenny2228 yes! made it through another snow storm! Hurrah. Going to my midwife appointment this morning was still awful though! The roads are a total mess and the snow banks are so high you take your life in your hands trying to pull out! Hopefully we get a bit of a break to have some melt before the next one hits.
    Glad you're still enjoying crossfit when you can! Don't feel bad for canceling membership-you never know when you'll be done for good-dropping in works great for now and has less pressure if you don't feel up for going!

@serenity13 yay for sexy time (finally!)! Totally counts as a workout ;) 

@triwellnessgirl gosh! You've had so much rain! I'm glad there is finally sun in the forecast!! Hope there are no other bumps that come up before then and you can get them done. can't  wait to see!

im surprisingly having a great week! 39+4 today, and no signs of baby, but so thankful to be feeling good! Not feeling the stereotypical : "get this baby out" feels.  Did another good decent workout yesterday with some yoga and then some cardio. Especially hoping I can keep feeling this way if I go to 41wks.
  • Options
    I'm an idiot!! Over did it shoveling slush and pulled a groin muscle. Half pathetic and annoying half hilarious that I'm slightly waddling today and it's not even because of being pregnant!  Rest day for me!
  • Options
    @kjd291 oh no that's the worst!!!! do you guys still have more snow coming? Hope your muscle heals soon! I walked to the grocery store earlier and carried my groceries home, I'm counting that as my workout today, ha ha. Maybe the dog will be lucky and get a walk too if the rain holds off this evening. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kjd291 all that snow - I can't believe you're out shoveling at nearly 40w! Groin muscle pulls are the worst too, ugh! 

I feel like I have a cold coming on today. I made it 34+ weeks without getting so much as a sniffle this whole pregnancy but my luck just ran out! 

Crossfit was so hilarious yesterday, the WOD was 34/28/18/12: kettle bell squats at 35lbs / sit-ups (I did hanging knees to elbows from the bar) and 10y shuttle run. I was ok with the squats and knee raises, but running back and forth across the gym was just hilarious. I had to go so slow because I was being so careful on the turns though. I told the coach he has a great poker face, I'm not sure how he doesn't just flat out laugh at me, haha!! Not even in a mean way but I'm sure I look ridiculous. But who cares at this point? Sumo squats and preggo-shuffle from here on out! 
  • Options
    @jenny0228 yuck! Awesome you've made it this far! Up those vitamins and water. Hopefully you can nip it!

@kjd291 Definitely take it easy! Glad you can kinda laugh about it but yeah I understand it would be frustrating too. It's funny you point out your waddling and not from pregnancy... not quite the same thing but my husband pointed out last week that I was waddling and I snapped at him a bit telling him it was NOT the pregnancy  (it was the hemorrhoids lol)