June 2017 Moms

Weekend Chatter 2/11

2»

Re: Weekend Chatter 2/11

• Today has been a day of hanging out with a good friend, shopping for clothes for her, and now watching a movie on the couch.  No idea what tomorrow will bring...probably laundry and grocery shopping.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Traditional: paper
    Modern: Clocks

obviously you could do a watch, but if he's not a watch guy, you could do something like this:

• Loading the player...
  • @krex he's an avid scuba diver, BBQ guy, and work a holic.  He has 2 extremely expensive BBQ/smokers.  All the dive gear possible....oh he's also a star wars nerd.  Specifically Darth Vader.  
  • @Wearmi1 I got DH a Star Wars book for our first anniversary! Because it's made out of paper  :p Does your DH read any of the books? I can give you some suggestions! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wearmi1  what @krex said. Experiences. Our first I was 5 months pregnant like you and we just went back to the hotel we had our reception, ate a fancy meal there, and did all the activities offered there. We didn't want to travel since I was high risk so being close to home felt safer. Gifts too just for the first. First is paper, right? I got him tickets to a comedy show at the hotel, cigars (rolling paper) saying "It's a Girl" and regular ones to share when our daughter was born, and probably something else involving some kind of paper. Since then, we have gone to a beer festival, a wine tasting, a weekend away. Our anniversary is 6 days after my birthday and a week before Mother's Day so we do gift for b-day, experience for anniversary, and being spoiled for Mother's Day (breakfast in bed, do what I want that day, etc.)

• @alm52386 there are Star Wars books?  
  • @Wearmi1

Two of those shelves are 2 deep. DH also has a Boba Fett tattoo so that tells you how obsessed he is haha
  • @awillis13 I forgot about the children's books! Maybe I'll get DH some of those for Father's Day!

@Wearmi1 DH suggested Bloodline by Claudia Gray as well. 
  • Thanks ladies!  Love all of your ideas.  
  • @Wearmi1 For DH's gift, I gave him a day without my bitching at him Bwahaha (ahhh... 12 years total together).  Seriously though, for our 5 year we were pregnant and due with DD (literally my EDD was our anniversary).  This will sound super dorky, but for part of his gift I gave him "coupons".  As we already had DS and knew how tiring the newborn stage could be, I made up coupons for little things like "sleep in one morning", "golf day with the guys", "foot massage", etc.  He loved them (mostly because he knew what was coming).  Not sure if your DH might like anything like that, but it was a non-gift, gift that my DH was more than happy to receive!   We did a brunch with DS at the hotel we were married at too.
  • @Elyse1384 he probably would... although I don't know if I could make through the day with no bitching.  I'll have to think of some coupons.  
  • @Wearmi1 We are also into presents that encourage us to spend time together. Most years we go Dutch at a nice restaurant. We both consider our portion of the bill our gift to the other one.

This year (5th wedding anniversary) we are planning to renew our vows with an Elvis wedding in all its kitschy glory!! It's what we originally wanted but we decided to do a more traditional wedding instead and save Elvis for later.

• Question for the experienced Moms:
    We have moved DD (turned 2 in November) into her own room this weekend. She has napped in there most weekends, but this is the first time sleeping there at night. Any tips to share?

We hadn't done it until this point because our room is upstairs and we've been avoiding the trek downstairs if she needs something in the middle of the night. 

• So... yesterday I tore out my boys closet, doors, jamb and all.... then decided I wanted to replace all doors in our house top so ripped their bedroom door out.  Not just off the hinges but like down to the studs.

DH is/was pissed.  Now my dad and mom won't let me pick up my painting supplies from their house because 'I shouldn't be painting'.  I could scream!!!!

Now, I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about everything I've half started... so I found the one starbucks that opens up at 5:30am and is relatively close to me.
  • @LMMama those fries look and sound delicious!

@Elyse1384 good call on yummy breakfast made the day/night before... those muffins look so good.

@FSUNole31 love the dress and sandals, you look so cute!!

@mamaelle27 hope your LO got a better night's sleep last night
  • @michaela0704 I feel you on wanting to do the renovations.  I am busting just to rearrange my bedroom and DH keeps putting it off.  I'm about ready to just do it myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • awillis13 said:
    @Wearmi1 you should get him "darth vader and son" or "good night darth vader"

edit because I just realized there's also a daughter book.  There's a bunch of star wars children's books actually.https://www.amazon.com/Vaders-Little-Princess-Jeffrey-Brown/dp/1452118698/ref=pd_sbs_14_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5NCA3RKGZHS48NCGAZ6Z
    Thank you for this! DH's birthday is in two weeks and I hadn't got him anything yet! Just ordered the daughter book! Also, thank you to Amazon Prime :) 
  • DS has been tantruming for 2 hrs straight. DH is in Omaha working the home show and all I want is a big glass of wine. Only 9 more hours til work!
  • @huskermom14 you know it's a bad day when you are counting down until you can leave for work....I've had a few of those days.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Right @awillis13?! And it's only 9 AM!  :s
  • I work every Sunday at a very quiet real estate office (most agents use their direct cell phones now for their clients so the phones never ring anymore, I'm literally sitting her for the occasional person who wants to walk in and pay rent for a property we manage).  Sometimes I want to give up this job, but it's $15/hr to sit at a desk.  I usually stream shows on netflix or get some work done for my full time job, and it's 8 hours of peace and quiet.  The only time it's frustrating is when there's a family event on a Sunday and I either can't go or have to scramble to get someone to cover for me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wearmi1 said:
    @alm52386 there are Star Wars books?  
    My DH also LOVES the Star Wars books...I actually bought him the Rogue One book for Christmas.  I second the Darth Vader children's books as well...super cute!  I'm buying DH the "Vader's Little Princess" for valentine's day.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers