August 2017 Moms

Registry?

What week are ya'll planning on setting up your registry? 
Eat Sleep DanceimageBabyFruit Ticker BFP 12/10/2012 - Strong numbers and baby HB 169!

Re: Registry?

• This is baby #2 for us so we don't need much. I plan on creating a small registry, just for the rewards and perks.  We will do this after our anatomy scan at 20 weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker

• You can start your registry anytime, and just leave it set as "private", then once you have it finalized, set to "public". 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm guessing we'll get it done after a successful anatomy scan. Which would put us in mid- April. That should give us enough time to tweak it before the shower.

If I wasn't planning on moving, I might start some now just for the swag bags but as it stands I have nowhere to store the stuff and don't feel like packing more shit.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm planning on sometime next month. DH and I are clueless on what to register for so my parents are going to help us!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've started saving lists of recommended items or specific things on Pinterest so I don't forget them. My official registry probably won't happen until the end of April though.  I'm waiting for the latest edition of Baby Bargains to be released (April).
  • I'm on baby three and don't need a whole lot, but I live for registry bags/boxes lol!!! 
  • I use my registries as a shopping list for me. So if I come across an item I want but can't/won't purchase yet, I add it to my registry. Then, like @kristenk727 said, I'll use it for the discounts. 

So start whenever you're ready!
  • My biggest tips for FTMs..... bring a friend who recently had a babt with you when you register. It's super helpful to know what they loved, what they hated,  what they couldn't live without,  and what was a waste. Totally more helpful than relying on store employees or parents, as they haven't gone through this in so long and so much has changed since we were babies. 

My other tip is to order your nursery furniture at around 20-22 weeks. It takes awhile to come in, and you want to give yourself a window in case anything comes damaged.  We ordered ours from buy buy baby, and after nearly 4 months of waiting, almost all of our pieces came with nicks or scratches and needed to be replaced. It all worked out in the end, but I was relieved we ordered so early so we didn't need to stress about it at the very end.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Vamason89
    Me too! Anyone that would look at my registry would notice the random stuff on it since I use it for a shopping list for myself. I just want the coupons! Haha
  • You can start your registry anytime, and just leave it set as "private", then once you have it finalized, set to "public". 
    Good idea! I didn't realize you can do private. 
    This is our 2nd, I don't need much but I kinda want to start a running list as I think of it :smile:
    Eat Sleep DanceimageBabyFruit Ticker BFP 12/10/2012 - Strong numbers and baby HB 169!
  • I've got a solid private amazon list going, and I'm 15wks FTM...just let's me keep ideas, etc organized. The website Lucies List has helped. We'll do target/babies r us in the next few weeks. Gives us time to sort through all of them, determine numbers, ensure items are listed at place with best price before we set them public. Just starting to more seriously furniture hunt.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 are you only scanning items in the Target store? I realized I have a solid amazon registry done and my Target one has like 30 items on it, but only 10 of those items are sold in stores. I'm kind of forcing people to shop online. I just hate BRU and BBB is 1h away so returns at 36w pregnant will not be a fun time for me. We had soooo many trips after our wedding shower making returns and exchanges and taking back damaged items so I really don't want to do that with LO in tow :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @budzynb mostly online, but we are going in store for the registry bag. Plus we can scan items at Target from Amazon app and compare prices a bit. But Target doesn't have a huge in store selection, so...online wins. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • I would recommend checking out Lucie's List also.  Plus sign up for the weekly emails.  Definitely great/funny blog to help get through the times after baby comes.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There's a page on Facebook called Thrifty Littles that posts about good deals on baby gear
  • We find out what we're having on the 27th so that is when we plan to start a registry!!. I'd rather see the products in store than online...even tho online is easier on finding everything. We're thinking Buy Buy Baby and/or Babies R Us :)
  • @LadyDi711, I just went and googled Baby Bargains - I'd never heard of it - thank you for mentioning it, this looks amazing!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I already put some essentials on my amazon registry, but I'm going to wait and see what hand me downs I get from family before I make it public. 
  • It was my sister's go to when she was pregnant and now it's her tradition to buy one for close friends and family when they announce :) glad you found it helpful
  • I already did one at Target. I let me 6 year old scan the items. He loved it. But the one we will use is the Amazon one. Everyone has prime and shops online so it's easier for everyone I think. Plus since our son is 6 we have nothing left and are starting over