I heart theSkimm
I heart YNAB
---------
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
- Albus Dumbledore

Re: FFFC | 2.10.17

• Loading the player...
  • @bluejeanbabi05 Infant care is so hard to find I don't blame you at all!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • 11am will be time for popsicle #1. And I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it :)
  • @jessafishy Oh, I have to limit myself or I'll go insane.  I read one comment yesterday that said that only the Supreme Court had a check/balance on the President, NOT the circuit courts or district courts so the decision was null and void.  And they were so darn sure of themselves.  :facepalm:

@bluejeanbabi05 It's scary how giving them a platform has only  emboldened the stupidity even more!
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• When the realtor comes to show the house next door, I let my dogs out to riot. Mostly because she keeps letting a-holes block my driveway. Maybe also I am mad it's my friend selling and leaving. Yesterday I had to pull a race car driving move to even get in my driveway and another couple said "oh wow, that isn't us, but how rude of them" lol. They got stank eye as I took trash out and they stood there talking blocking my car again. 
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • @MamaBear148 Definitely raspberry. Yuuuum. I might have to get some popsicles. Or a Sonic Slush.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • bluejeanbabi05 no shame in researching. You gotta get on that! It fills up so quickly! 

I love the idea of Popsicles. It's fruit so it's good for us,  right? 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @MamaBear148 Lime yummm I'm envious 

• Oh man @jessafishy I read your "slush" comment as "sushi" for a sec and now I really want sushi 

• @bluejeanbabi05 I want sushi tooooooo. I almost had DH get some on Saturday when the gyro place was closed.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jessafishy That's SO strange. My favorite sushi place is across the street from our gyro place! DH goes to Gyro place and I go to Sushi place. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yesterday, I couldn't fit into some of my workout pants. I felt like a dang stuffed sausage!!!
    To make it a little worse, I love working out and have to definitely ease up on everything. Let me tell you, not pushing yourself is really a drag.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @VLillyV I got so lightheaded yesterday after a normal lap swimming workout!

• Ok finding a daycare is extremely overwhelming...there's so many, how are you supposed to choose? Reviews? Gut feeling?

• A main reason I’m excited to be pregnant is that I can get my baby stuff I’ve let people borrow over the years. For some reason I’d feel awkward asking for my stuff back, since I had no use for it the last 4 years. Swing, bouncer, PnP, RnP, pump, sonogram thing, I hope they are still in good condition.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @bluejeanbabi05 Our daycare provider was recommended by one of DH's coworkers. Her daughter went there and they loved it. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • DH was supposed to stay at work last night (they had a late training and an early start today - the station has beds to use). I was really looking forward to not being woken up by his alarm. Instead, he came home at midnight (woke me up), the dang baby monitor for DD beeped at 3am, DD woke up upset at 4am, then his alarm went off at 5:30am and mine at 6am. Stupid.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • StacieGleStacieGle member
    edited February 2017
    @StacieGle Just respond with, "You know what I have too many of? Your opinions."
    Cythe said:
    @StacieGle Just respond with, "You know what I have too many of? Your opinions."
    and then punch them in the throat.

I really think you're missing out on the most fun part of this exchange.

I like this!!!  
    Momma to 3 amazing boys: 12, 8 & 1

Wife of 14 years to one amazing Hubby

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My elderly dog has gotten into a habit of peeing on the patio when I let her out in the morning. Most of the time she'll make it to the grass but sometimes she doesn't. I can usually tell if she'll make it by whether she got up and started pacing before I got out of bed or if I had to get her up myself. Well this morning while DH was still home, I heard her get up. So I get up and carry her outside to the grass. DH asks me if she's been peeing on the patio. I say sometimes. He asks if that dry spot he sees if where she had peed. I said yes. (This had happened yesterday). He starts to go on and on about how it needs to be cleaned up because we can't have our guests (that we hardly ever have) standing in piss and the other dogs are going to want to pee there now and blah blah blah. Our patio is literally a concrete slab. No tile or grout. I didn't clean it up because I figured when it rained it would be washed away. But nooooo. It needed to be cleaned up today. So I grabbed a bucket of hot water, poured it over the spot, squeezed some dish soap over it and scrubbed the shit out of the patio with the outside broom. Several buckets of rinse water later, our patio is CLEAN. Our guests are saved. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bluejeanbabi05 @crazypuglady I already contacted a daycare and got on a placement list too.

It seems crazy but this place is a favorite in our area. Several of our friends take their kids there, and one of them contacted the daycare at 12 weeks pregnant and had to be waitlisted. She was only notified of an opening a month after her baby was born. We've had our toddler on the wait list at this place since May 2016 when we moved to the area, and there still hasn't been an opening. It's ridiculous. Our first daycare we had no problem enrolling our daughter when I was 6 months pregnant.

As far as choosing a daycare goes, the best way to go is referrals from friends, coworkers, etc. I also spent time reviewing our state's department of children and families, looking at the daycare audits and legal violations to see if they've had problems. Another good resource is NAEYC, which gives national accreditation to daycares, and I believe they have pretty high standards. This may only apply to centers, not in-home, but not totally sure.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • I've started working on my baby registry....Diapers, bottles, wipes, soaps, butt paste... Just the basics. Things I know we will need and it doesn't matter it the baby is a boy or a girl. Is that crazy? I haven't thought of daycare yet! :o That will be my next project!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @purplestars Aha! I sent DH to the dollar store for more just now. 

Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• My brother and SIL are pregnant with their first. They just made their baby registry and I feel so judgy reading it. They registered for a $45 little stuffed animal. (insert eye roll here). My aunt and I were laughing at it yesterday and saying we are going to be so curious at the baby shower to see who buys them the world's most expensive stuffed animal ever! It doesn't even DO anything. It's just a stuffed animal. For $45 I'd at least expect me to make me dinner...
  • jessafishyjessafishy member
    edited February 2017
    I told my coworker I was pregnant today. She offered me some of her kombucha and I looked at the label for a bit and then handed it back and said, "I wasn't gong to tell you yet but... I don't think I should drink this because I'm pregnant."

I know it would probably be fiiiine, and it smelled so good but it didn't feel like a good idea today.

I really just want to tell everyone and be done with it.

Edit: Already I'm thinking "you poor second child."
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @purplestars @reneeannemm no lie, that's literally what I'm going to do on my lunch break in 15 minutes. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker