TTC After a Loss
Options

Moving On, send best wishes to you all!

Hi there,

It's been a few months since I checked in or participated on this board, and that was because my husband and I had decided to move onto IVF.  I just needed time/space to wrap my brain around it all because it was a lot.  This board was home for so long and it got me through a lot of dark days.  I see a lot of names have moved on and some new names and I'm rooting for you all.  I'll probably lurk here from time to time and the infertility board.  

A quick update:

we are doing IVF with ICSI, no PGS/PGD testing. I started my stims on January 30th (Gonal F, menopur, cetrotide & Ovidrel).  Levels were good & I had a decent amount of follicles; my doctor was more conservative with dosage amounts hoping to avoid OHSS so I knew I wouldn't be someone with more than 10 eggs at retrieval.
I had my retrieval yesterday morning and they were able to get three mature eggs.  Yesterday was rough pain wise & just nervous for the results.  We got the call today and 2 fertilized so we transfer Sunday am! 
If anyone has questions about my journey/IVF please ask :) 

sending lots of positive vibes out there for you guys, this was the best support and I'm hoping to see lots of good news here in months to come.

Re: Moving On, send best wishes to you all!

• Options
    Best of luck @Aera11. We just started round 1 of 3 IUI cycles before we move onto IVF, so I totally understand how overwhelming it can feel to finally commit to that level of treatment. Hoping this transfer works for you and you get your rainbow <3
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Good luck to you @Aera11!!'
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @aera11 good luck!! 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    Thank you @amberruka & @brooklyngirl18!  I did one IUI @SoonToBeMommaHowe & didn't have any luck so we moved forward since we're paying cash for everything. FX crossed for your IUIs!! IVF wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, just  expensive.  
  • Options
    @Aera11 I wish you the best of luck with IVF!  I hope it's successful, and early on too.  We may be looking at IVF soon if we don't get PG (or if we have a 4th MC) in the next several cycles.  It's so expensive! I hope you get your rainbow baby asap!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    good luck @Aera11 - how expensive is it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck @Aera11! I'm glad to hear you've got a plan moving forward and have two good embryos to transfer!
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 our insurance took care of blood/ultrasound but my clinic fee & meds were over $9k out of pocket :/  it could've been more like $11k but my doctor was more conservative with meds and I only ordered as I needed so I wasn't stuck with extra in case I didn't need them.
  • Options
    @Aera11- EEK!  I know its worth it in the end but then you need to add pregnancy and delivery cost on top of that.  If we end up getting to that point I will have to have a serious talk with DH about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Aera11.  Good luck with the process!  We may be headed that way too. 
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I know, it's ridiculous. Infertility is an uncontrollable medical condition that insurance should cover, at least most of it. We sort of knew we'd end up here so we had a little time to save/prepare but it's still scary when you have no idea what the outcome will be. 

Thank you @Mack924! Best of luck to you too :)