October 2017 Moms
Options

Any teachers on here?!

I'm 5 weeks along with my 2nd & I must be showing or something. Today my 8th graders asked me if I'm pregnant! I have 3 more weeks until my first appointment & I wasnt really planning to tell all of my coworkers let alone my students beforehand. I just plead the 5th

Re: Any teachers on here?!

• Options
    I'm a teacher too and the exact same thing happened to me yesterday! One of my eighth graders asked and I said no, then five minutes later he said, "Are you sure? You look really tired today and when my mom is tired she is pregnant!" I laughed so hard. 
  • Options
    I'm a teacher, and the kids havent thought anything yet. I am holding off on telling coworkers until after my first ultrasound. I dont plan on returning to work next year, so telling them im pregnant is a big thing. I did tell them we might start trying a few months ago though, so they might suspect. With my first I didnt pop until 7 months. I know the second one is sooner, and I am noticing it! I am only 4 almost 5 weeks, and im already feeling larger; although, its probably in my head. When i get home from work I am EXHAUSTED! Yesterday, i went home and slept for 3 hours. I still feel like I could take another nap today. Working with kids all day while preggo is a lot! 
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Too funny! My coworker rescued me & told them that maybe I've been enjoying my Girl Scout cookies & that it's not polite to comment on things like that
  • Options
    I'm a high school teacher! I feel like it's written all over me... several people (coworkers and students) have asked if I'm okay in the past couple of days. Also, one of my coworkers texted me last night and flat out asked because she apparently had had two separate dreams that I was pregnant, so I told her the truth and asked her not to tell the kids (I teach music and she teaches drama, so we have a lot of mutual students).
  • Options
    I'm a high school teacher too. We just started a new semester so thankfully most of my students are new to me and won't notice any changes. I do have a couple of coworkers that keep staring at my chest, so they may be on to me.

I would lose my shit on a kid if they asked me if I was pregnant! That's a teachable lesson right there... Never ask a woman if she's pregnant! EVER!!
  • Options
    I'm also a teacher, I'm hoping to stay quiet until after 1st ultra...but I also feel my pants getting kinda tight especially at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Teacher here!  I don't plan on telling my students for awhile. With my son, I waited until I was 5+ months, and even then I didn't tell them, they guessed. I'm the only French Immersion math teacher at my school, so I see them year after year. One day, a student raised her hand and asked if I was going to be their teacher the following year. I said yes. She followed up with "All year?"

The secret was out!
  • Options
    I am also a teacher! I teach elementary kids and probably won't announce to my students. With my first I didn't say anything and they never really asked (around 4  months by the time summer started) I lost him over the summer so I'm thankful I didn't tell them. It wouldn't have been easy explaining that to a bunch of 10 year olds.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. And I agree...I don't want to have to explain something so difficult to my students. They asked me point blank, but I turned it into a manners lesson :) I'm not ready to share with them or many others & that just has to be the way it is for now. ❤
  • Options
    I teach 4th...I'm thinking I can prooooobably sneak to the end of the year without telling them as they're not the most observant folks. But we'll see what happens! Def going to tell my team and admin in a few weeks/months. 
  • Options
    I teach second and I am currently 6 weeks. My kids haven't said anything, but I had a parent at conferences ask! She just asked "So what about you? Are you pregnant yet? I told my son you would probably be pregnant soon!" I almost died right there! I just awkwardly laughed it off.
  • Options
    I teach 1st grade.  I get a million hugs a day, so I'm sure once I start showing the kids will probably notice.
    I'm hoping to wait till my 10 week appointment to tell my principal and coworkers.  I would love to stay home next year and I'll need to tell him I won't be returning.  He would prefer to know by March 31st if at all possible. 
  • Options
    I teach second grade and am 4+3. We went through IVF so some colleagues already know about that. Now I have to figure out how to limit what they know and not telling everyone else. 
  • Options
    I teach high school.  I don't plan on telling them at all.  Although with my last two a student I taught told me both times that I was pregnant before I knew.