Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTF Wednesday

***I hope starting this isn't in poor taste. If you guys would rather skip it, just let me know and we can turn it into something else

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF to all the people who skipped today's lecture 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LuND it was on the forums on countdown to pregnancy.  I was playing around there and thought I would check them out.  It's the TWW symptoms forum in case you're wondering.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    Well I give up. Continuing turd muffin week...
    [spoiler]I just got the results of my genetic counseling and it isn't good. Apparently one of my X chromosomes has the pre-mutation for fragile X syndrome, meaning that there is a high chance (greater than 33%) I would pass this condition on to a child. If you aren't familiar with it, fragile x causes mental retardation and autism, among other things. And this pre-mutation is likely the reason that I haven't been able to get pregnant -- my eggs may be too crappy to conceive a child, ever.

Oh, and it's the reason that I have such low ovarian reserve for my age. Oh, and it probably means I will have early menopause. Oh, and one of my parents passed it to me so I have to call them and tell them about how they have a 40% chance of tremor ataxia starting any day now.

In case I didn't feel like a failure already, now I am worried that not only can I not get pregnant, maybe I SHOULDN'T get pregnant with such a big risk of passing this on. The genetic counselor gave me some information about this condition but I'm at a complete loss about what to do now. All I want to do is curl up in a ball and cry.[/spoiler] 

I need wine. Now. I'm just done. I thought 2016 was shitty but 2017 is even worse.

• Options
    OMG @adirat I'm so sorry friend!!!!  You deserve all the wine today!  Hugs friend!!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @adirat, OMG, I am so sorry! Huge, huge hugs! As @heatherdubrow suggested, can PGS weed this out? Drink all of the wine!
  • Options
    @adirat I'm so saddened to read that. This whole process is too unfair at times for me to process. Take all of the time you need right now for yourself. All of the hugs, wine, and carbs for you. 
  • Options
    @adirat you have every right to feel the way you feel. It's crushing news and I hope you didn't feel like anyone was trying to solve your problem rather than just letting you feel sad. You're right that IVF is a big consideration, with a lot to think about. Vent and cry and feel the way you want to feel. We're here for you girl.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, @adirat.  Remember - you are not a failure.  You did nothing wrong here.  

Enjoy all the wine as you process everything.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @adirat a million billion trillion hugs.

• Options
    @adirat I am going to second what @LoveInDC said, I honestly couldn't have said it any better. Sending you so many creepy internet hugs!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @adirat I am so so sorry for the news :(! You are definitely not a failure and this is not your fault. Please don't blame yourself and I hope you give yourself the attention you need today. So sorry  <3
    Anniversary

TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day