August 2017 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

I can't PIP from work, so...  Sorry for the lack of fun gifs.

But, let it rip.  What has you saying "WTF?!"
Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
Formerly MrsAB1316

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    I sit in an office next to my boss. I'm definitely a "behind the scenes" worker and help a lot of people with a lot of things. I wish my boss wouldn't take meetings on speaker phone because I sometimes I hear stuff through the wall- particularly I hear my name get dropped. Like just now. Can't hear everything but I know I'm getting talked about. Ugh. 
    (My boss is also somewhat hard of hearing so I generally just turn on Pandora rather than ask her to turn things down.) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DoulaTog13 I haaaaaattttee when people work with infectious diseases. You're not a hero man!!!! Go home! 
  • Options
    @DoulaTog13 I haaaaaattttee when people work with infectious diseases. You're not a hero man!!!! Go home! 
    one of my co-workers came in last week looking like death.  Come to find out, his wife was in the hospital with the flu and his son was being treated for the flu.   We told him for 2 days...dude, go home. You probably have the flu.   So he goes to the clinic on lunch, gets diagnosed with the flu and comes BACK to the office to tell them he's going home for the day.   *facepalm*     

but, *I'M* the jerk that's "over-reacting" with my lysol and surgical mask.  No thanks dude.  I have 2 small kids at home, I'm pregnant, AND had been out the previous week with a stomach bug (that I stayed HOME for!).  I am not trying to catch that shit.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
    BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
    BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
    SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
    Formerly MrsAB1316

• Options
    @DoulaTog13 Ughh I totally agree. Stay home if you're that sick. On the other hand, I have flexibility to work from home, and do quite a bit. If I get a cold, it lasts a 1 1/2 weeks, minimum (DH can catch it and it's only 3-4 days...it's me taking forever to recover). I'll work from home for a week, come in for 2 hours for an important, on-site meeting I can't miss and no one can cover at the tail end of my cold, and get crap. It's not possible to stay home for 2 weeks with a cold, but to get over the flu, a stomach bug, strep, and for the peak days of your cold...don't infect everyone else.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I agree with the being sick nobody has time to be sick so stay at home. My WTF is to this damn SNOW it was not on the forecast at all and it took me an hour to get to work when it takes only 15-20mins because people were acting like they have never drove in snow in there damn life. I  was stuck in the same street intersection for over 30 mins. Now the sun is out just waiting for the day to be over with.
  • Options
    My WTF is that for the fifth night in a row I've only gotten 3-4 hours of interrupted sleep. So today I have a migraine and neck spasms. I've also been on the phone all morning dealing with two different insurance companies for my fiancé's health condition.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My WTF is to my husband who won't agree to an early elective ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. It's only $35.  Grrrr
  • Options
    My WTF is to my insurance company that won't cover my 6 week U/S that I had for bleeding...
    and now I have a $1,300 bill that I need to deal with.  I'm going to call the hospital and find out just why I'm being charged so much since as the actual U/S was billed separately and is only about $80-ish after my in-network rates took over.

If I have to pay it at least that one bill will wipe out the majority of my deductible.
    But still... :/

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    belmont1785belmont1785 member
    edited February 2017
    I'll admit it's nice to have a nice room after you deliver but the hospitals here are SO competitive and continue to pour millions into their birthing centers. We toured the brand new section of the hospital where we will deliver #2 (also delivered #1 there and the rooms were NICE and brand new then!)
    They've added a desktop computer, 70in TV, full size bed for dad, refrigerator in each room, and huge tub and bath combo to every room (the rooms are HUGE)
    To me (this might just be unpopular opinion) but holy crap dude why do we need all that for 2 days?!?!?!? I'm just paying more bogus prices! The same is true for the next closest hospital to us. 
    I especially don't understand the bath tub thing....this is NOT the delivery room and they don't allow you to take a bath for several weeks after delivery so wtf????
    I'm incredibly grateful to be so close to such a great hospital considering I'm high risk. But basic is fine with me. Now I feel like I'm just getting ripped off. Yes, the luxury is nice. But I could totally do without it.

(Also...my MIL works there so that's who took us on the tour. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have taken another tour.)
  • Options
    @belmont1785 Could the tub be for water births?
  • Options
    In unmedicated births, baths are used for pain management. 
  • Options
    @lyse01 @LivLew

These are not the same rooms used for delivery. They have a delivery floor where you deliver (the rooms are also very nice) and then once baby is born you are transferred to these recovery rooms/floor until you are sent home.

I'm sure all the amenities will be wonderful. I just think it's over the top for what is needed.
  • Options
    @belmont1785 then yeah, I'm not in disagreement about it being over the top!
  • Options
    @belmont1785 it does seem pretty excessive! Is there a lot of competition where you're from?
  • Options
    WTF MIL, you've been without a car for almost six months.  Just buy another one already!  It isn't that hard.  It's ridiculous that hubby isn't making it in until 10:30- 11ish.  In a form that usually doesn't care he is starting to be questioned.  He loves coming to baby appointments, but because you can't get you s#@+ together and do things for yourself he has to miss them now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @LivLew
    Yes. Fortunately we (Minnesota) have awesome health care options. Some of the best in the country. Within 20 min of my home there are at least 8 hospitals. 

According to my MIL who has worked for the hospital we will deliver at for 30+ years, the hospitals barely break even when it comes to ob/delivery (even though they charge a ton) Its not where the hospitals makes their money. She said floors like NICU bring in the most money. But they still put TONS OF money into the delivery experience because of all the research showing that most people will stick with the same health care system as where they delivered. So they try to attract people that way with fancy amenities.