May 2017 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    @nda_roxybabe its all good! I appreciate the suggestions :) I already had reservations about chiropractors and then my back went out for the second time and a friend of mine who's dad was a chiropractor convinced me to go because I was in so much pain. I ended up being there for 4 hours with no relief, it was horrible. I felt worse the next morning and ended up in urgent care for a steroid shot, steroids, muscle relaxers, and pain killers. I was basically told to be on bed rest and then maybe to PT again. Just not a fun experience, but I know that it works great for some people and maybe would work for me if I wasn't already in pain like that time. 

I heard back from my doctor's office and the nurse basically said if I'm really concerned to come in, that it is hard to determine over the phone or messages, which I totally get. I'm not too concerned at the moment as it really just feels like a pulled muscle and that everything is expanding lol baby boy usually sits low, but I think since he has grown he has moved up a bit making my stomach ache like its being stretched and maybe he's just making my rib cage expand too. If it gets worse then I'll definitely go in! I promise! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @pshaortao Yes! The GI bug is bad this year! I work in the ED and I'm seeing far more GI than flu. The important thing to remember is hydration. If she's not hungry, fine, just make sure she's drinking. Hopefully it's minor, but definitely keep an eye. Do you have a good pediatrician? If she's still having symptoms you can bring her to them and see if there's anything they'll prescribe, like zofran for the nausea. Feel free to email me if you want. I hope she feels better soon and that you and DH don't catch any part of it! Thinking about y'all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Cubslove12 Ugh, parents are one of the most difficult parts of teaching! I've realized that today it's always the teachers fault and very rarely do parents hold their own child accountable. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @Cubslove12
    I feel your pain! As a therapist I often get the response of why therapy isn't working, when the parents or the child/adolescent does nothing outside of the office to help improve their lives! Very frustrating!
  • Options
    @skzw - right?!?!? Seems ridiculous, doesn't it? Fortunately, yesterday's visit ended with him telling me that he believes everything is alright. I just have to do a follow up in 6 weeks. I can live with that! 

Of course, I just found out that I failed my one hour glucose test, so I now I have to be all "WTF NOOOOOO" on a Thursday. :(

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    Jen_Shoes said:
    @Cubslove12
    I feel your pain! As a therapist I often get the response of why therapy isn't working, when the parents or the child/adolescent does nothing outside of the office to help improve their lives! Very frustrating!
     :o  :o  that's crazy to me!!  Younger daughter is in therapy, and I'm obsessive about doing exactly what her therapists tell/show me!  Like to the point where I make family who rarely see her do "therapy" things with her when they do see her, instead of just cuddling her like they clearly want to do. I can't imagine bringing your kid to therapy and then not trying to support that help throughout the week! What, half an hour to an hour a week is all that is needed? No way! 
  • Options
    @Squirtgun
    I work in a county mental health clinic and we service many low income and (at times) low functioning parents and families.  They sometimes come in with the perspective of "fix my kid" without realizing that they play a much larger role in their treatment than we do.  Frustrating for sure, but very exciting when we see kids actually get better.
  • Options
    @Jen_Shoes I feel for you.  I work in special ed and we have a high population of kiddos with emotional/behavioral needs.  We work really damn hard with them but there's only so much we can do when parents aren't willing/able to do the work they need to in the home.  My charter network is trying to partner with an outside mental health provider to do in-home therapy because it's become clear that so many of the issues we're trying to address in school need to be addressed at home and with the parents first and foremost.
  • Options
    @Cubslove12. I hate when people are upset with me so i'd say parents are the number one reason i hated teaching. I never recieved complaints about anything legitimate or about my teaching, but since i was at a private school they felt so entitled to EVERYTHING. id recieve very aggressive angry emails because i didnt allow a kid (who was very advanced and didnt need extra time) to go to the music room and play recorder (which was something the music teacger offered bc sme kids were pulled out during her time) instead of doing morning work for me or i didnt take them out to recess (the mom had specifoc dates and they were hikarious bc i didnt even work there yet, i took over halfway through) and a mom who waited til the 4th quarter to be upset that her son wasnt getting all a's when he didnt do jack all year. I started geting such anxiety over emails and phone calls bc they were always so rude about such silly things and my nerves couldnt take it.