July 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In 2/7

Hi there ladies!  We missed last week, and I didn't see a thread for this week, so I thought I would start one for us.  Having this community of other mamas who "get it" has been super helpful to me. (sorry if I'm stepping on any toes)

This thread is for July moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject when you were young?  Does it in any way apply to your interests or career now?

Re: PGAL Check-In 2/7

• Options
    Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    Mmc in July2016 (should have been almost 12w, measuring 9w2d), passed naturally

How far along are you? 
    17w5d

How are you doing? 
    Tired, not sleeping well, peeing a lot, ugh.  My belly seemed to "pop" in the past few days, but I can still wear mostly non-maternity clothes.  Emotionally, I've been fairly crabby (see the no-sleep thing), and my anxiety is flaring.  There are a fair number of folks who have known about my pregnancy for a month or so, but it's now leaking to the bigger population (like my colleagues' direct-reports, and the staff that my reports supervise, etc).  With each new group that finds out I have the urge to check the baby on the doppler to make sure that things are all good.  Contributing to this, I was considered moderate-high risk during first trimester and had bi-weekly ultrasounds until 14 weeks.  Now I've graduated to near-average risk and don't get to see baby again until 20 weeks!  I miss the reassurance...

Anatomy scan and doctor's appt on 2/23

I think DH is nesting.  Last weekend he spent several hours deep cleaning the kitchen and bathroom and de-cluttering our basement.  He's also super interested in going maternity clothes shopping with me - fairly out of character since malls drive him nuts.  It's adorable.

GTKY: What was your favorite subject when you were young?  Does it in any way apply to your interests or career now?
    Math was for sure my favorite starting early on, and continuing as I grew up (I even majored in it in undergrad).  I went on to be a clinical social worker (children's mental health therapist), so not a lot of math!  As I have advanced in my career I now do program management, and there's a reasonable number of reports to talk about program outcomes, etc.  So I'm kind of coming full circle.  Also, I love sudoku and random logic puzzles in my free time.  Yep, I'm a nerd.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    18w

How are you doing? 
    I'm doing really well this week. 

In three weeks I have my a/s

None today

I always loved science (biology, chemistry... not so much physics). I'm a dental hygienist, so my education in that was strongly focused on science and I do use it a lot. 
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! Natural miscarriage at 5 weeks in January 2015

How far along are you? 18 weeks! Finally in the fifth month. Feels like a milestone :) 

How are you doing? Good actually. Especially about PGAL stuff. Every once in awhile I still get scared, and as I've mentioned before I don't think I will ever fully believe I am getting my baby until he is in my arms, but I'm doing the best I can. Waiting on that viability date. Maybe then I can relax. 

When is your next appointment? Two weeks a/s scan! 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Rave for myself that I'm feeling so much better! I'm able to be much more healthy and do things I really want to do now. 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject when you were young?  Does it in any way apply to your interests or career now? Art I guess. I liked school a lot as a kid, but I really loved art classes. I was/am a model now, so yes?? I mean it certainly wasn't modeling art in school, but modeling is still in the arts field. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @optbaby2017 Thanks for starting this!  Anyone can start it, do t worry for one second about stepping on toes!

STM, had a loss in September at 6 weeks

How far along are you? 
    17w1d

How are you doing? 
    Getting over yet another head cold, starting to feel human for the first time since my BFP!

AS on the 28th.  Dr on the 1st and meeting with a new OB March 13, although he's not the one I want, the referral wen they through so I figure it won't  hurt to meet both that I have been referred to.

Feeling quite a bit of movement now!  Last night I was using my Doppler and it took forever to find the baby but could feel it kicking and rolling away in there!  Future hide and seek champion?

History was my favourite subject, and English, just because we got to do a lot of reading! I got into industrial ultrasound as a career, so, no... nothing to do with my favourite subjects!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options
    MrsN092714MrsN092714 member
    edited February 2017
    I'm not religious but I saw this this morning and thought it was really beautiful and wanted to share with you ladies <3

Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options

MMC March 2015
    How far along are you? 
    19+5
    How are you doing? 
    OK, a bit nervous after A/S and having to go for additional screening to see if previous tech just missed something with view of baby's nasal area, and confirmation on total placenta previa or not. Also I swear I can feel my stomach expanding by the day right now it's crazy how much it's changed just this week. 
    Monday for the follow-up
    Pregnancy is such a flawed system, so much is just random chance, it's a wonder how there are so many "normal " pregnancies out there...
    science. Have a science degree and while I don't use it specifically in my everyday work, the figuring out things is there a lot. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga