April 2017 Moms

TW Tuesday

Anyone have a TW in their life today?!
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: TW Tuesday

• I am still waiting on my photographer for photos of a session we did 3 1/2 weeks ago.  She told me I'd have my pictures in less than 2 weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • @Beckyf321 ugh that sucks!  Have you reached out to her?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My TW is taxes!  I know there are many people who have  to pay each year so I shouldn't complain, but we are literally getting 10% of what we got last year.  I'm so not good with this stuff at all, and DH is making like 10,000 more this year than last.  That has to be it, different tax bracket or something.  We don't want to pay someone to do our taxes because all the prices I've looked up will take everything we are getting back lol. We had plans for that money, me getting to stay home on maternity leave for 8 weeks instead of 6.  BOOOO!
  • @Beckyf321 ugh that sucks!  Have you reached out to her?
    Twice!  I messaged her like 10 days ago and her response then was "it will be a week or so".  What pisses me off is she has released "sneak peeks" of photos from sessions that were a week after mine.  The only thing keeping me from losing my shit is she's supposed to do birth photos for me at a really discounted price.   :s
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • Yes baby will help next year!!  I owed a few years ago because I didn't fill out my W-2 correctly (like I said, so not good with that stuff) so I have extra taken out every paycheck and never had a problem until this year.  Our income is considered middle class and on paper doesn't look too bad.  But bills, student loans, etc...you all know the drill.  Just crazy!  I also live in Sarasota county, Fl which is one of the wealthiest cities in Fl.  All that means to me is it's expensive and I don't make enough! lol
  • @Nolegirl1185 I don't know much about Florida tax laws (except they are way different than here) but did you claim the student loan interest, mortgage interest/rent, etc? We are getting a lot less back this year as well BC we made more and were put in a different tax bracket (I was a stay at home mom until august 2015) but I'm just being thankful we don't owe! And jealous my friend just complained about getting back 10 grand  :o
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @Beckyf321 that would annoy me too, my wedding photographer took months to get us our pictures..Thankfully they came out great which made it a bit better..but Everytime she would post sneak peaks from a wedding that happened a month after ours I would find myself more and more irritated.. 
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @KirstinH88 right??? 10k would help so much.. She is getting back nearly twice as much as she paid in! I'm totally jealous but who can even complain about that?!
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @Taylor72 mommying and pregnancy make me sooo intolerant of our dogs!
  • catem07catem07 member
    edited February 2017
    @Nolegirl1185 Sorry not sorry that you're getting no sympathy from me. We owe 5 weeks worth of daycare that has to come out of our savings. :(

ETA for clarity: the amount we owe in taxes equals 5 weeks of daycare, we're not 5 weeks behind in daycare payments. I think y'all got that, but just in case. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Ugh.... taxes. I haven't started yet but shouldn't be too difficult to pull together.  As a business owner I know I'll owe though :(  Hopefully I've been deducting enough from my full-time paycheck to make up at least some of the difference. Self employment taxes are a real TW!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have yet to do our taxes and I'm really dreading it.  With this pregnancy brain, I'm sure my behind would forget the child tax credit or something important like that!
  • Well, we are so poor that we get a nice hunk of money. But, we require it to live on for the indefinite future. So, not meaning to belittle any sadness. But, I wish we made enough money to get less back with our return. It isn't always a super great thing to get lots of money back, FYI. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @catem07 that stinks!!!  At least you have savings though!  We have 75$ in ours  :D  Money...such a pain!
  • @Nolegirl1185 if it makes you feel better I have $5 in my savings and my husband's truck just broke down.  
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @smalanimal things like that happen all the time on my daily commute on the train. It's pretty easy to get on our train system without purchasing a ticket, so we get ALL KINDS of characters. There are always people taking up more space than necessary and then don't move. Thankfully, I'm showing enough that SOMEONE will usually offer me their seat if there are none because standing for 30 minutes would KILL my back.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KirstinH88  I got to a point that if noone stands up, I just walk up to someone and ask them to let me sit down.  Normally on blue seats, which are supposed to be for disabled, pregnant etc.. standing for 30 mins is impossible this late in, I think... hate when people act all entitled.  

do you have another option to get into work?  I started considering taxis in the mornings, the problem is that public transport take 45 mins and in a car 1.5 hours!  comfort or speed... 
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • @smallanimal The mornings aren't usually bad because the crazies aren't awake yet!   ;) But the afternoons are horrible. I could have DH drive down and pick me up, but its often more work than its worth (not to mention a waste of gas). So I just suck it up. Normally its not too horrible.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @smallanimal what is this baby on board pass you have?! We spent the weekend in London around Christmas and I must not have been showing enough because no one ever offered me a seat, even when we were on super long tube rides. I have a friend coming to town at the end of feb who will want to go in to the city and I will be 35 weeks and will want to sit on the tube for sure! 
  • My PC and the network are total TW this week. I tried 4 times yesterday to post here and it wouldn't work. It kept freezing up on me and I'd eventually have to close it out. I don't know what it is, but a few sites are like that for me. That is another reason why I don't post as much. I can't even get in half the time.  :s

• @smallanimal I love that idea. The author of that article seems irrationally angry about pregnant ladies sitting on transport. Wow! 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker