August 2017 Moms
Options

Loss at 10 weeks

I've been off the BMB since last Tuesday. I had my 10 week appointment that night and baby had no heartbeat. My doc estimated that I'd lost the baby about a week earlier and that the loss at this point is typically due to a some genetic defect. I had no cramping or spotting so this was a complete surprise. I know miscarriages happen but I figured it wouldn't happen to me. All the same, before this appointment I remember feeling very anxious, like I needed to confirm that the baby was still alive in there, but I chalked this up to normal pregnancy anxiety. And so began the "telling" about our miscarriage to the small number of people who knew we were expecting. This telling morphed into sharing news of the miscarriage with people who didn't know I was pregnant and this was (surprisingly) incredibly comforting and supportive. I am glad that my three year-old didn't comprehend much about the pregnancy. I had a D&C on Friday and I'll follow up with my doc late next week. He said that statistically we have an excellent chance of conceiving again within three months of the miscarriage, although there's no telling exactly when I'll ovulate next. So all the plans and dreams of my August baby are gone in an invisible puff. A week later I'm melancholy but hopeful. I'm sorry to be leaving this little community of August expectant moms. Someone will have to take over the High-Risk Mamas weekly check-in. I wish you all the best!

IvorySoapGirl - Forest Hills, NY

Me: 40  DH: 40
Married May 2012
DD born Sep 2013
MC Feb 2017 11w2d
CP May 2017 5w
MC Oct 2017 6w
BFP Dec 2017 EDD 8/15/18

Re: Loss at 10 weeks