August 2017 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday 2/7

Who's a twat today??

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 2/7

• Options
    My TWT is my husband's new work schedule.  He found out yesterday that starting tomorrow he's going on nights. And 7 days a week.  Until at least the middle of March.  He was working M-F 7-5 with every other Friday off. Looks like I'll be doing everything by myself now :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My TWT is my husband's new work schedule.  He found out yesterday that starting tomorrow he's going on nights. And 7 days a week.  Until at least the middle of March.  He was working M-F 7-5 with every other Friday off. Looks like I'll be doing everything by myself now :(
    ew. what does he do that allows him to work 7 days a week for 6 weeks without being in trouble with the labor department?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
    BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
    BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
    SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
    Formerly MrsAB1316

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've worked that schedule before for a turnaround.  12-14 hour shifts, seven days a week, for up to three months.  We do get every 14th day off.  But during those times my husband basically has to take care of everything.  I come home, eat something he prepared, shower, and sleep.  I'm sorry you're having to deal with that.

I was going to have to work a T/A September through November but I'll totally miss it while I'm on mat leave.  I'm...not sad about it.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    My twatwaffle is my digestive system.  I thought morning sickness was supposed to go away by now.  I have broken capillaries all over my face and look like a fucking mess.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    The hospital is a twat. The power went out overnight and the back up generator died after 10 minutes. Way to go hospital. I drove all the way there just to sit around for 3 hours. After waiting forever they told me that the power company couldn't guarantee that the generator would be back on til 8pm. I had to scramble to find OR time for three of my patients who were having surgery today. Worst of all my family offered us hockey tickets tonight which I turned down because I was going to have a busy day. Now I'm laying on the couch doing nothing. Oh well I needed a day off! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    @NatSprat0703 what kind of work does your husband do? 7 days a week for over a month sounds a bit ridiculous! I hope he has good overtime pay at the very least! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    My TW today is work.  I am on our fun event planning committee this year, and I joined before I knew I was KU, so whoops.  But we were supposed to have a meeting today, so I made sure I came in and didnt work from home, despite the nasty forecast today. Well because of the stupid patriots parade, people didnt come in, and so we had to reschedule, and so I came in for no reason.  I usually work from home a few days a week, becuase my team is all remote, and I always do it on bad weather days, ugh! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @DoulaTog13 @BlackNYellow he does safety and industrial hygiene in plants. He's done this before for turnarounds, but this isn't even a turnaround! He gets every 14th day off, which he will spend sleeping the entire time.
    @SarahBethBR Yeah, that's pretty much what he will be doing too.  It sucks because we were just about to start looking at daycares, cribs, etc.  I'll be doing all that by myself now...And I have to be quiet when I'm home bc he will be sleeping during the day. I agree on the MS.  I threw up again this morning.  I'm 14 weeks Thursday, shouldn't it be over by now?!
    @littlebug2010 sorry you went in for nothing today. Working from home sounds so nice though!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I totally understand this. My husband has been working 12 hour shifts daily with the occasional Sunday off! With my total exhaustion and my 13 month old...the house has gone to crap and we barely keep groceries.  Hopefully it will pass quickly for you all!
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 It is mostly nice.  It can become a bit lonely (hence why I am a part of things at work), but staying warm and just working is so much nicer than being in an office.  I also work 100% on my laptop, so going into the office is kinda dumb.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    The weather is my twatwaffle today. It snowed yesterday which was a fun snow day. I had to reschedule some appointments, but not a big deal. Today, it's just icy and everything is still cancelled and gross. As much as I like laying around with my dogs all day, I really hope I have work tomorrow. I'm getting bored.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My TW is my employee that lied through his sister about being in a bad accident. Which was true, if you consider it an accident that he was arrested for being a fugitive from another state while traveling. 

So clearly it's his fault that this pregnant lady missed lunch and now has a killer headache, and can't even down a bottle of wine to decompress after a day of damage control. 
  • Options