Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Cycles after a Miscarriage - Ovulation

I recently found out I had an early Miscarriage. Here is my story. 

December 22 was the last time I had my period. I was supposed to get my period on January 21, but it didn't come so I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. On January 26, I started to bleed. the first few days it was very light and when Sunday came around it got heavy for 2 days then died down. It has been about 11 days of me bleeding (today included), but my period is VERY light just had one spot when I wiped and all other times I went to the bathroom no spotting. 

My question now is when do you think I'll ovulate if I do? Would it be based on my initial period or would it be based on when my bleeding stops from this early Miscarriage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Re: Cycles after a Miscarriage - Ovulation

• I should probably also note that this past Friday my HCG was at 5 (Feb 3)
  • I didn't get AF until 3.5 weeks after I hit 0, but I had an ectopic.  Hope you regulate soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • For me AF didn't come back until day 32 with the first day of mc being day 1.  I Oed on Day 20.  It was only confirmed with temp shift. I didn't do OPKs because I still had HCG in my system.  Hope you get AF soon
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• With my chemicals I ovulated within my normal window per fertility friend.
  • From start of MC bleeding to start of AF today was 33 days, my average. I ovulated 19 days after I actually had the MC, 4 days into the bleeding.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Cp on 1/9. Ovulated finally on day 29. I normally ovulate on cd 17-19. Last loss was a 10 week mmc and I ovulated again right on schedule post loss. The body is a strange thing.
  • When you ovulated, did you get the same symptoms as usual? 

I'm hoping I'll ovulate around the same time, I want to TTC again, but not sure if it's the right thing to do. I'm mentally ready, but not sure if my body is (just because of what I just went through). I guess if it's meant to happen it will.

Thanks all for your comments and sorry for your loss! 
  • I feel like different doctors have different schools of thought.  From the ttal board it seems like half of the women were told to wait mostly for dating purposes and the other half were given the go ahead right away.  I got pg right away after my first CP and O'd right on schedule.  I just had another CP last cycle and looks like I will be Oing on CD14 as usual.  Good luck.
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited February 2017
    @tvisram I had my normal O symptoms, but I ovulated a longer time after positive OPKs and EWCM than usual. I didn't get much of a warning that AF was coming early except some spotting and low temps (although my coverline was a lot higher this cycle.) I didn't have my usual sore boobs or bloating, so I suspect low progesterone. We didn't TTC that cycle, but will try this one. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility