Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Stress???

at my follow up today my doctor actually had the gall to ask me if I've been under unusual amounts of stress. I thought this was inappropriate and counter productive because obviously that puts the blame on me. "Maybe you keep losing babies because you're too stressed out" sort of thing. Like ugh!!!!! Yes losing baby after baby after baby is stressful but you actually think that's why I m/c'ed again??? Grrrrrrrrrr
Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
iUI #1- BFN
IUI #2-BFN
IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks

Re: Stress???

• Options
    I'm sorry @rainbowwishes5 what an insensitive thing to say. Hugs!
  • Options
    @rainbowwishes5  Some of these people can be so insensitive.

The nurses at my doctor's office when I was going through this asked me if the preg was planned.  This happened a couple of times.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some doctors truly lack sensitivity & bedside manners! Sorry that yours is one
    Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum
  • Options
    Perhaps it is time for a new OB. I went to a follow up appt after a D&C (first MC a few years ago) and the nurse asked how mother and baby was doing. Seriously, how long does it take to do a quick review of someone's chart?! I was so upset. I am much happier at the place I go to now.
  • Options
    Thanks @amu1234
    @kristisigma yikes!!!!! How horrible :( I'm sorry you had to experience that
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Options
    I'm sorry your doctor is an ass. That was a dick move.

Perhaps it is time for a new OB. I went to a follow up appt after a D&C (first MC a few years ago) and the nurse asked how mother and baby was doing. Seriously, how long does it take to do a quick review of someone's chart?! I was so upset. I am much happier at the place I go to now.
    ^This has happened to me as well.

I also had 3 nurses basically gang up on me in pre-op for an emergency D&C and accuse me of taking blood thinners because in a six hour timeframe I hemorrhaged through 6 maxipads, 11 chux pads, 3 sets of bedding, 2 gowns, and could've filled a half gallon jug with clots.  I'd ask a incoming nurse for a new pad and they'd trapeze in with a tiny maxi pad, and I'd be like, "NOOOOO, (flips sheet aside draped over knees, revealing a 70% saturated chux and two handfuls of clots) I need a new *pad*." I hadn't taken so much as a baby aspirin or fish oil. So basically not only could I not carry a baby, I couldn't even miscarry "the right way".
  • Options
    Asses @SP128 :( ridiculous 
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides omg you poor thing I am so sorry!!! 
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Options
    Oh I hate them all for you guys!! I haven't felt the crazy hormones like this like ever, but I just want to slap them.

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides. Sorry. All I can do is shake my head. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    I am shaking my head over here too. Amazing how many lack empathy. I have worked with midwives since that last OB so I was nervous to see an actual OB this time. My midwife wasn't available. Through both visits he kept telling me that this was not my fault, gave hope that things could turn around but conveyed that things didn't look good,  and took his time even though he was on call and kept getting paged. Hope you all find better caregivers. They are out there.
  • Options
    You could always ask your doc to test your alpha-amylase and cortisol to stick it to 'em.
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides I am beyond disgusted at how you were treated! I am so sorry that you had to endure such judgment & inconsideration from professionals who should be helping & comforting. Like everyone else I'm just shaking my head!
    Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides I asked ant testing for cortisol and they may actually do it! Thanks for the suggestion :)
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Options
    What a jerk! Sounds like it's time to look for a new doctor :o
  • Options
    new OB time - sorry you had to deal with that.  I personally interviewed 3 OBs at 3 different practices before I found the one I wanted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Update- nope they will not test for elevated cortisol 
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Options
    That's seriously fucked up of them since they suggested it as a possible reason
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides tell me about it! They said I'd have to get my GP to prescribe the test and do any follow up if at all. They won't even order the test. Bs.
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Options
    I don't know why some doctors go into the OB/GYN field. They don't have any compassion. And sometimes they do but their support staff is anything but supportive. I'm switching doctors to someone who is over an hour away because my current doctor's office is staffed by incompetent morons. How hard is it to return a patients phone calls? How hard is it to call a patient to let her know when she's supposed to go into the hospital the following day for a D&C without the patient calling 3 or 4 times? How hard is it to schedule the patients post op follow up appointment at the same time you book the surgery rather than the patient having to remind you that she's supposed to come in for a follow up? I'm paying these people ridiculous amounts of money and they're just incompetent. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    I had one of the most incompetent doctors of ALL TIME.  After my first shot of methotrexate (for my ectopic) I was given NO discharge instructions other than to not ttc for 3 months because of the drug.  I kept taking pnvs, exercised, and drank alcohol. We also had protected sex multiple times until I read online that I shouldn't be doing any of that stuff.  Apparently all of those things can cause I rupture even after methotrexate injections.  When I went to see a different OB because my first was an idiot, she was shocked that I didn't rupture considering my levels were at 21,000 at their highest.  When I confronted my old doctor about his shitty care he said, "I thought all that stuff was obvious." Because I had taken pnvs for a week after my metho shots my HCG was still through the roof so I had to go through another round of injections which totally screwed me up.  
  • Options
    @justsuzie It's almost like some doctors are just curious what their malpractice insurance will cover.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @rainafire77 We thought about suing but figure what would that accomplish? Hoping that will bring us hoot karma.