July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms- 2/6

Re: Weekly Symptoms- 2/6

• Options
    Holy lightening crotch. I don't remember having it this early with DS. 
  • Options
    @nktrodden826 I am having this stabby pain down there lately. Wth. Is this lightening crotch that I have heard so much about!? Bc it suckkkks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @supermom83 and @maybeitsmadeline magnesium ladies. Just half a tab every couple days works wonders
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    I started taking the tabs earlier on (magnesium calcium potassium) and I think they really helped with the nausea too... the only thing I really prepared myself was for nausea and tummy issues @CarsonsMommy

nausea has gone and so is constipation but I can't stomach pills anymore I'm having a hard time being regular with my prenatals and cod liver. Is there anyway to swallow them? 
  • Options
    @nktrodden826 what does it feel like? 
  • Options
    @BusyZee The only way I can swallow pills anymore is with hot liquids - for some reason, it tricks my gag reflex. I do all my vitamins with my tea in the morning.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • Options
    nausea has gone and so is constipation but I can't stomach pills anymore I'm having a hard time being regular with my prenatals and cod liver. Is there anyway to swallow them? 
    @BusyZee do you eat yogurt or pudding? When pills are too hard to take with water, I will hide them in a spoonful of yogurt. I also take the gummy prenatals, and they are so yummy.
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @CarsonsMommy
     Yumm which gummies? And interesting il make myself some overnight oats and sneak them in! Thanks! 

@leilac hmm how does that work... il try that... il try it tonight actually. I just hate the sour aftertaste of my prenatals (I take Mega Foods Baby and Me) 

edit: I somehow read pudding as porridge, now I want some form of pudding asap. 
  • Options
    I think I had lightning crotch yesterday for the first time. It's one of those things you don't know what it is, but once you feel it you KNOW that's what it is. 
  • Options
    @irishrose54 @BusyZee I can't explain it over than it feels like lightening. It's very quick but sharp, and internal I'd say it's like directly in my vag not stomach or uterus area! You'll absolutely know it when you feel it. Lightening crotch is literally the perfect most accurate name. 
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline me too!

I've been noticing my pulse alot more sometimes it feels quicker or like it is skipping a beat. It happens in the evenings alot. I have an appt tomorrow but I keep thinking they're going to chalk it up to not drinking wnough water. Anyone else experience this?
  • Options
    @Knottie144251135 On occasion I notice it as well. Let me know what they say! 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited February 2017
    So what is RLP? Since almost the beginning, those muscles on either side of my groin tense up when I cough or sneeze although it's 10x worse when I sneeze. It's to the point where if I'm lying down I have to pull my legs up into fetal position as fast as I can. The first time it happened while DH was in bed with me, the pain stopped me mid-sneeze and tears started streaming down my face. He was freaking out haha! It only took one time for me to learn to pull my legs up but it's terribly annoying. I just want to sneeze in peace. I'm assuming this is normal though? 

Can we talk about sleep? Good lawd (lol!) I can't stand it. When diagnosed with an anxiety disorder late in '15 I went on meds and they made me sleep like the dead at night. In the beginning (of pregnancy)  I was so tired that it continued but now... Ugh. I have a hard time falling asleep and if I wake up in the middle of the night I have to try SO HARD to not let my brain "activate" and seriously focus on really conking back out. Sometimes it doesn't work and I'm up for at least an hour. 4.5 months of sleep. That's all I want. You can take me after baby but I know this will be the last of it AND I WANT IT BACK DAMMIT!!! lol

And I, uh, very much miss being "regular." Very, very much. *sigh*
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @stokesm21 I'm super regular (not something to boast about) but seriously have a smoothie and magnesium and your set. Iv been having tons of rice and pasta and bread but (touch wood) I have been regular. The only time I haven't is if I skipped on my smoothie and apples.

@Knottie1442268460 ohhh yessss I know what your talking about. Sometimes if I lie down on a particular side it's like a thump thump thump and then it goes away but it's definitely my heart 
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline me too!

I've been noticing my pulse alot more sometimes it feels quicker or like it is skipping a beat. It happens in the evenings alot. I have an appt tomorrow but I keep thinking they're going to chalk it up to not drinking wnough water. Anyone else experience this?
    Oh yeah! I had it with my son too- my Dr said my body's not used to having so much extra blood that occasionally it causes a skipped beat. Nothing to be worried about but I'd definitely bring it up when you see her! 
  • Options
    Can someone explain to me where sciatica pain is and what it feels like? I've been thinking that I seriously hurt/sprained/pulled the muscle in my left butt cheek, but I was looking it up and apparently it might be sciatica? It better not be. I'm having a hard time walking. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    Is anyone else having good a hard time drinking enough water? If I drink to much I get horrible reflux, I think it's from constantly bending over to play/ take care of my other 3. Then I try to chug water at night making falling asleep terribly uncomfortable. Trying to eat more fruit and vegetables with a higher water content to help.

Also had some serious pain the day after my sisters wedding, too much dancing not enough water. 

Top of my bump is hard, bottom is still squishy. Figure it's just lose skin from the last pregnancy.
  • Options
    @stokesm21 I actually just told my husband last night that I don't even look forward to going to bed anymore because I don't sleep well. Since getting the pregnancy pillow I'm a little more physically comfortable but I still have to pee 2-3 times and when I wake up, I have trouble going back to sleep. It makes me sad to think I may never get a good night's sleep for a long time! 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kerils I think I was having what your having aswell and iv read many other people feeling the same thing, (and my sister) it was also in my left butt cheek and an electric kind of pain. I eased on the stretching it has gone now for a few weeks now, it was a lot worse in the 2nd month. I'm not a flexible person so I was over stretching I guess? I also have a bad habit of cracking my joints (I know!!) but I think iv stopped quite a bit and that helped too.
  • Options
    @munchkinsmama I'm sorry you feel that way, try to have 4 oz every now and then, I have a chart to monitor my water intake. Do you like lemon and is it suitable for you to use? Maybe you have a lack of stomach acids like me and lemon water may help you, it definitely fixes ALoT for me. 
  • Options
    Thanks @BusyZee I was doing lemon in the beginning but stopped will try again, maybe I'll try a timer on my phone to remind me to drink smaller increments.
  • Options
    @manillabar I know right?  I just want 4.5 more months of peace.  I'm ready for baby but only because I thought I would still sleep "okay" through pregnancy.  Guess that's a unicorn fantasy lol!  Last night was the first night in months that I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to pee.  It was a welcomed change.   
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    Today, my main symptom is being overwhelmed.  I'm more overwhelmed than I think I've been in a long time.  I got my W2 and finally entered all our info into Turbo Tax and got back that we owe $500 somehow.  DH wants to go look at houses this weekend with a new builder we found that would be a 45 min commute for me but great schools and safety out of the big city for LO.  We just bought him a new car a week ago.  I can't concentrate on work and I haven't been sleeping well or getting enough rest.  I just want to jump in the car and drive and be by myself for a week. Can I do that?

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    IRS sent us a letter that for some reason we owe 9,000 in taxes for 2014, and 3,000 in taxes for 2012. We REALLY don't make that much. Very much wondering how they figured that. Hello stress.
  • Options
    @kerils what sciatic feels like for me is a constant pinching in the lower left part of my lower back/upper glutes. When it isn't killing me it feels like a strained muscle that you cannot stretch out. When it really acts up I have a bad pinching feeling and pain shooting down my leg. Sometimes sitting hurts more the walking and other times I need to be off my feet. Not sure if that is helpful or not. 
  • Options
    @CarsonsMommy do you have your returns on file? Bring them to H&R Block I think they do "second looks". Regardless of the fee it's much better than 12k. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    So I always forget my symptoms until they happen again.  I had gall bladder pain pretty badly senior year of high school to second year of college and then it mysteriously stopped.  Since week 12, I started having spasms again that are so painful and usually last a couple hours.  I can't ever figure out what triggers it because it's never the same food twice.  I had a ton of testing done when it first started and didn't have any gallstones, but I've heard the spasms can get worse and happen more often in pregnancy.  Yippee.
    I have gallbladder issues too, definitely worse during this pregnancy. It is always brought on by greasy food, any kind of fast food, or large portions of food. Basically the pain is from our gallbladder not being able to function like it should, so this organ is literally trying to squeeze out bile and it can't! Cut out all greasy foods, I've heard soda and sugar can trigger too, but that hasn't been the case for me. Nothing can be done once the gallbladder stops functioning properly, it just has to be removed after baby arrives. Tylenol and a heating pad help me a little. Hang in there!! 
  • Options
    Why am I so clumsy?!!! It's driving me crazy, I'm spilling stuff and knocking stuff over constantly. It's only during pregnancy, and not even because of a belly haha...just clumsiness. 
  • Options
    HMM insomnia as in right now :( 
  • Options
    Anyone else's uterus hurt with pressure? I don't remember this with my first, can't even have a leg folded up to tight against my tummy
  • Options
    Any ideas for hip and lower back pain relief? I heard we can take ibuprofen in 2nd tri? I went in the hot tub last night which seems to have helped, but I know by the time I get home tonight from being in the car all day I'm going to be dying!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish My OB says to avoid ALL pain meds (even Tyenol!), because of new studies that may link them to autism and ADHD.  I was shocked, but I haven't gotten the chance to look into them myself.
  • Options
    @oheliza44 Yeah. I ended up calling my doctor because of how much it hurt and they told me it was sciatica. I was so convinced that I just pulled a muscle. Then when I saw sciatica pop up in a google search, I was just really really hoping that it wasn't that. This pregnancy has already been such hell, and I'm seeing the end of the tunnel of this stupid ms and now this. 18 weeks, and I have freaking sciatica. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice @mrscate88!  It's good to know and for me to get checked out.  It's happened about three times and what's so odd is the same foods don't trigger it.  I thought some microwave popcorn triggered it last time it happened, but when I ate it last night... nothing.  So odd.  It's definitely something to watch out for as the pregnancy seems to be bringing it up more often than before.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    *Some advice needed:*

I'm 16 weeks, 6 days today. Tuesday night and yesterday (Thursday), I had 3 tiny, tiny specks of light pink on the toilet paper (probably wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking for it). I went in on Wednesday to be swabbed for an infection, which came back normal. I asked that they only swab my vagina and not use a speculum or swab the cervix because I have really bad anxiety and didn't want to scare myself with more spotting by irritating my cervix with the swab. 

My discharge has practically disappeared this week (very strange), but the little I am getting looks pale yellow (normally mine has been dark yellow). Now after getting the tiny specks again, I'm second-guessing myself. I stupidly Googled and am concerned about incompetent cervix. I call my OBGYN way too much, and I don't want to call them for something silly like I usually do. Not sure if tiny specks/little to no discharge is a sign of anything. Should I get a cervix check? Could they even tell about incompetent cervix with just a cervical exam?
    Me: 27   DH: 28
    Married: November 2015
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @CallaLily25 - Bleeding is usually the one symptom OB's always want you to call them about.  But try not to freak out, a lot of people experience small amounts of bleeding during pregnancy and its totally fine.  I spotted in a prior pregnancy and it was nothing.  But especially if you are anxiety prone, you should call the doctor.  They will put your mind at ease.  The cervical exam could cause more spotting but will also tell you if there is a concern. If it checks out ok, then the spotting is ok too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It really is a cruel twist of fate that pregnancy causes sleep issues, when babies also cause sleep issues.

I got REALLY dizzy and lightheaded on the train this morning. It was absolutely packed so there was no way I could get a seat. I bolted off as soon as it pulled into a station and crouched next to a wall for a few minutes, then got up to sit on a bench. Really hope this is a one-off. 
  • Options
    kerils said:
    @oheliza44 Yeah. I ended up calling my doctor because of how much it hurt and they told me it was sciatica. I was so convinced that I just pulled a muscle. Then when I saw sciatica pop up in a google search, I was just really really hoping that it wasn't that. This pregnancy has already been such hell, and I'm seeing the end of the tunnel of this stupid ms and now this. 18 weeks, and I have freaking sciatica. 
    @kerils I personally haven't dealt with sciatica, but a woman in my prenatal yoga class was having a lot of issues with it.  She said it was completely alleviated with swim classes.  I guess the baby was hitting a nerve and swimming shifted it just enough to take the pressure off.  Just a thought on something to try if it doesn't get better for you.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy Thanks! I was just thinking of joining my local YMCA and starting to swim. It's too damn cold to go walking like I want to, and I need some kind of cardio. I shouldn't be having a problem but I'm getting worried about my BP. Plus, now knowing that it could help with the sciatica, I'm really thinking some regular swimming could be good for me. Chlorine is going to kill my skin and hair but it might be worth it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @PurplePumpernickel I've had two of those dizzy spells this week. I've had to chug some juice or eat a piece of fruit to get my sugar up quickly. I remember it with the last pregnancy but it makes me nervous now with DD because god forbid I pass out or something. I think it stopped for me after like week 20ish. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.